ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
parisontour
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BRZ, 97 TL1000S

2007 Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Sold my car 2 weeks ago and it is now listed at EAG...

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

Appreciate 1
Milas29.50
      10-29-2020, 02:42 AM   #2
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Yep.. I predicted at the time that it was underpriced and wouldn't last. Found out the following day from Eric @ EAG that he'd already acquired the car and it was about to be picked up and on its way to him. It's in good hands now and will find a good home. A lot of Eric's regulars seem to pick these up, drive them for a while, then trade them back to him. You might see it again there sooner than later.
pyshin110.50
suprtran111.00
      10-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
Texaz3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z3MC Z4MC E36M E46M E93M E39M

I see Eric as a "necessary evil". I like his cause, but not his techniques. He is a good dude, for the most part
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
kermmmit
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M

Do u know how much they are asking ? I guess they didn't give you more than 45k
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
Texaz3
Private First Class
Rep

I think they are asking $64.9K
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CALERTSEMLSRCH

Last edited by Texaz3; 10-30-2020 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
kermmmit
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaz3 View Post
That's huge difference. I guess they get 60k for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 09:36 AM   #7
43Hilton
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

I remember seeing the ad for this car a couple weeks ago. I think Manheim had it for sale a couple years back.

I wanted to look at it but got crazy busy with work. Not surprised it sold so quickly. Now that is two cars I lost out on to EAG. 😢
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 02:21 PM   #8
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I see Eric as a "necessary evil". I like his cause, but not his techniques. He is a good dude, for the most part
I've done business with him twice, and will almost certainly again at some point in the future. What about his "techniques" do you have a problem with?
      11-01-2020, 01:27 AM   #9
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Eric posted a video tonight that includes this car, starting at about 4:07....

11-01-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
Texaz3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I've done business with him twice, and will almost certainly again at some point in the future. What about his "techniques" do you have a problem with?
I don't think it warrants any elaboration on my part.
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #11
The Hunter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC & 2006 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I don't think it warrants any elaboration on my part.
I’ll elaborate. EAG has bought a handful of M cars out from under me over the years. They often don’t tell the seller they are a dealer and plan to resell the car immediately (misleading). So they buy cars from enthusiasts that other enthusiasts would buy, then advertise them back to enthusiasts for $20k more than they would have paid buying directly from the seller. They aren’t helping enthusiasts. They are just lining their pockets by getting to enthusiasts cars before enthusiasts can and controlling all the inventory. I’m sure they are nice guys and love the cars, but they aren’t doing any of us any favors.
Appreciate 5
      11-02-2020, 07:04 PM   #12
Dbaliko
Private
Rep
Drives: E85 ZRMR (sold), E46 M3 Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
I’ll elaborate. EAG has bought a handful of M cars out from under me over the years. They often don’t tell the seller they are a dealer and plan to resell the car immediately (misleading). So they buy cars from enthusiasts that other enthusiasts would buy, then advertise them back to enthusiasts for $20k more than they would have paid buying directly from the seller. They aren’t helping enthusiasts. They are just lining their pockets by getting to enthusiasts cars before enthusiasts can and controlling all the inventory. I’m sure they are nice guys and love the cars, but they aren’t doing any of us any favors.
So what you’re saying is that they call up a seller and come to a mutually acceptable price, wire the seller the money, and somehow they are doing something that’s misleading? And that they are doing something dastardly, because they buy a car, put money into it to make it almost perfect, and sell it for a profit to an enthusiast that wants a perfect car?

The seller of the car in this thread underpriced the car. The buyer (EAG) knew the car was underpriced and bought it. No one was injured. EAG has a long list of clients dying to buy cars from them that are the best of the best. It’s no different then someone that flips houses. They buy a house, fix it up, and sell it for a profit.

And what about all those low mileage collectible and semi-collectible cars that sell on BAT and bring the same money.... or more. Many of those cars are brought to BAT by dealers that buy low mileage cars from people because they know that they can get a big premium on BAT. Are they doing something wrong as well?

Last edited by Dbaliko; 11-02-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #13
S54MC
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M

@The Hunter completely agree with you! It's ridiculous the price hikes on their inventory. Obviously, they've done a great job at brain washing a good group of repeat buyers and new one at their inventory being nothing but the best at hefty price tag. As an enthusiast I would never buy from them.. this Z4 M for example I'm sure it needed very little and now listed for over 60k!!? Lol but some fool with $$$$ will pay it...

** As for BAT you can't hate cause it's a bidding war and a matter of who has more cash to blow on said vehicle. EAG price is fixed and go on "no haggle" same as CarMax cause sure their inventory is flawless 😜🙄
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #14
The Hunter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC & 2006 M3 ZCP

That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’ve been in negotiations to buy cars from multiple enthusiasts who loved their cars, wanted to pass them on to a fellow enthusiast who would love and take car of it the way they did, only to find out they sold it to a dealer who was going to flip it. These sellers have told me that had they known, they would have sold their cars to me, a real private enthusiast. So yes, they are misleading the community they claim to be serving, and I think it’s wrong. That’s my opinion. You are welcome to disagree. This is the internet after all.
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #15
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
My big issue with EAG is that they're adamant and vocal that the rod bearings are not an issue on these cars. Most notably the E9x M3 (which has it worse than the S54-motivated cars) and refuse to do them. They charge higher than top dollar for cars with basic preventative maintenance that could mean catastrophic damage. To me they lose all "enthusiast" credibility they market and show their true colours.

That said - it's a free market and they've made it work. They're allowed to do what they do to make a buck and I support that. But I'm allowed to not like them for it.

Edit: I used rod bearings as an example, but I'm sure it holds true to other maintenance items. I.e., reinforced subframes, VANOS, timing chain tensioners, etc. Items the community of real enthusiasts accept and acknowledge as problems. EAG avoids those problems and sells "perfect" cars without key items done.

Not to mention the lengths I've heard they've gone to to 'refresh' a car. I'm sorry but a car going for twice market price that's been through significant repaints is not clean, perfect, or original as they advertise.
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 2
Texaz3194.50
      11-02-2020, 08:44 PM   #16
westunion2007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaliko View Post
So what you’re saying is that they call up a seller and come to a mutually acceptable price, wire the seller the money, and somehow they are doing something that’s misleading? And that they are doing something dastardly, because they buy a car, put money into it to make it almost perfect, and sell it for a profit to an enthusiast that wants a perfect car?

The seller of the car in this thread underpriced the car. The buyer (EAG) knew the car was underpriced and bought it. No one was injured. EAG has a long list of clients dying to buy cars from them that are the best of the best. It’s no different then someone that flips houses. They buy a house, fix it up, and sell it for a profit.

And what about all those low mileage collectible and semi-collectible cars that sell on BAT and bring the same money.... or more. Many of those cars are brought to BAT by dealers that buy low mileage cars from people because they know that they can get a big premium on BAT. Are they doing something wrong as well?
It really isn't anything like flipping houses. Home sale prices are public, and you can easily tell if a house has been flipped, and it requires extensive labor hours & money. None of this is true for a low mileage enthusiast car.
Appreciate 2
Texaz3194.50
      11-03-2020, 03:51 AM   #17
dis_dis
Private
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000, e92 M3

I agree EAG is ruining it for all of us enthusiasts by taking these cars out of the market and making them available only to collectors. Collectors IMO are not enthusiasts, they are just buying the cars to put them on display or to flip them in the future. Either way these cars won't be driven the way they were meant to be ...
It is a free market, but fuck EAG, lol
Appreciate 3
Texaz3194.50
      11-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #18
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_dis View Post
I agree EAG is ruining it for all of us enthusiasts by taking these cars out of the market and making them available only to collectors.
I'm not a collector and I bought a car from EAG. I wonder how that was possible?
wdb4718.00
      11-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #19
Dbaliko
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I'm not a collector and I bought a car from EAG. I wonder how that was possible?
Me too! Drive mine every week.

Doug
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #20
Dbaliko
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar93 View Post
My big issue with EAG is that they're adamant and vocal that the rod bearings are not an issue on these cars. Most notably the E9x M3 (which has it worse than the S54-motivated cars) and refuse to do them. They charge higher than top dollar for cars with basic preventative maintenance that could mean catastrophic damage. To me they lose all "enthusiast" credibility they market and show their true colours.

That said - it's a free market and they've made it work. They're allowed to do what they do to make a buck and I support that. But I'm allowed to not like them for it.

Edit: I used rod bearings as an example, but I'm sure it holds true to other maintenance items. I.e., reinforced subframes, VANOS, timing chain tensioners, etc. Items the community of real enthusiasts accept and acknowledge as problems. EAG avoids those problems and sells "perfect" cars without key items done.

Not to mention the lengths I've heard they've gone to to 'refresh' a car. I'm sorry but a car going for twice market price that's been through significant repaints is not clean, perfect, or original as they advertise.
So now you’re just guessing. Every car that I have asked about at EAG has comprehensive work orders of things that were done to the car. Putting crap like this out in public is just opening up yourself to a lawsuit.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #21
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
So now you’re just guessing. Every car that I have asked about at EAG has comprehensive work orders of things that were done to the car. Putting crap like this out in public is just opening up yourself to a lawsuit.
I have seen dozens of accounts supporting what I said. But hey, I guess with their profit margin they have the funds for legal cases against all of them.

Enjoy your car lol.
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 2
Texaz3194.50
      11-03-2020, 04:33 PM   #22
Texaz3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Its very easy to make a comprehensive work orders of just about anything, when you ARE the shop that does it. Imagine that.
Appreciate 0