ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Replacement Radiator

Planning on a cooling system refresh for the Spring ('07M). Has anyone replaced their M radiator? Which did you use? The BMW part is potentially $170 more than one made by Nissens. But I'm reading some review about fitment issues and leaks with hose connections. And since the connection to the radiator uses a fitting (and not secured with a clamp) that would truly suck.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #2
1stw0rldpr0blems
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC

I just replaced my entire cooling system. I bought everything from FCP euro for the lifetime warranty. I have the Nissens radiator which cost like $75, it was cheap and fit fine. I had 0 problems with fitment. Its been installed for over 1000 miles now and 0 problems. I changed radiator, upper and lower hoses, water pump, thermostat, expansion tank & cap.

The radiator is basically the same as any regular E46 3 series (325 etc), and it has a fitting on the lower driver side corner for either manual or automatic transmission cars. It comes configured out the box for a manual transmission so you don't even have to mess with or swap out the plug. They provide a plug you would swap out for an automatic gearbox incase you were installing it on an autobox 325/330, etc.
Appreciate 0