ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #551
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
My energy goes up while dieting as well, that said I can't sustain my lifts as well. I'll usually lift for an hour 15 or so, when dieting I'll start dwindling come the one hour mark, more of a muscular fatigue than a lack of energy if you know what I mean.

Definitely. Anaerobic conditioning drops really quickly.....add in the fact that you're muscles are storing less glycogen...and you can hit a wall in a hurry.

My workout time goes down, but intensity goes up.
      05-22-2019, 06:30 AM   #552
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
As long as you are getting enough protein.....start adding in healthy fats.

Almonds are a great calorie dense "go-to" food. Almond Butter, Peanut Butter, Walnuts. Just a handful or couple tablespoons of that between meals can easily boost caloric intake.

Plus "fats" play an essential role in the regulating of the body's hormones and aids in supporting healthy Test levels.

one area i know i'am doing terrible in is breakfast. Im out the door at 7, eating breakfast at about 630. Not much appetite at that time for me, so i usually have something very light followed by a protein shake. What are you guys doing for breakfast?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 06:40 AM   #553
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
one area i know i'am doing terrible in is breakfast. Im out the door at 7, eating breakfast at about 630. Not much appetite at that time for me, so i usually have something very light followed by a protein shake. What are you guys doing for breakfast?
My situation is a little different. I'm training at 3:30am and I train fasted as I don't eat anything before I go. I do sip on an "Intra" during my workout that has about 15 grams of EAA's. Afterwards I have a post workout shake mixed of hydrolyzed whey and casein.

By the time I shower and get to work and do get to eat, it's almost 7:00am and I am hungry at that time. I'm usually eating eggs/egg whites and oatmeal that I made the night before.
      05-22-2019, 11:56 AM   #554
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I'm at work by 0630, eat here after I arrive. Generally protein bar or oatmeal. Chickens are starting to produce regularly, so gathering up to start having boiled eggs. Some days 3 alone, some days add 1 to the mix. There is just something about an egg that is just barely cool enough to peel, that came out of the chicken's COOP yesterday, light sprinkle of salt and tajin, MMMMHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #555
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Starting 2nd shift this week which means morning workouts. Kinda sucks because I can totally feel the difference when I'm able to eat all day than hit the gym in the evening with all kinds of energy. In the morning all I eat is maybe some cereal or oatmeal wait 30-45 min than hit the gym. Than there's no eye candy but a bunch of old ladies who still wear yogas thinking their still hot
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #556
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Than there's no eye candy but a bunch of old ladies who still wear yogas thinking their still hot
MILFs know what they want, and know how to give it back

GILFs even more so
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      05-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #557
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Starting 2nd shift this week which means morning workouts. Kinda sucks because I can totally feel the difference when I'm able to eat all day than hit the gym in the evening with all kinds of energy. In the morning all I eat is maybe some cereal or oatmeal wait 30-45 min than hit the gym. Than there's no eye candy but a bunch of old ladies who still wear yogas thinking their still hot
Lol.....I guess I'm kind of lucky as there are still a few bits of eye candy when I go.

But rest assured....these women are bad ass and could put a lot of guys to shame!

Why else would they get up that early. A few of them look like they could compete in National level Cross-Fit competitions.
      05-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #558
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Fyi myprotein bcaa coffee flavor smells like vomit and birthday cake protein tastes like plastic both pretty gross.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #559
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Fyi myprotein bcaa coffee flavor smells like vomit and birthday cake protein tastes like plastic both pretty gross.
That's why I stick with good ol' fashioned vanilla. In chocolate milk of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #560
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
lmao, I got the donut one and chocolate caramel. Both solid, sorry for your loss just throw an abundance of peanut butter in there. That'll do the trick, lots of ice cubes too.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:04 AM   #561
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I threw out the bday cake stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:59 AM   #562
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

^wouldn't have been my go to flavor, i feel like when protein companies attempt birthday cake it comes out very fake (plastic) tasting.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #563
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

That one was free now I know why
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #564
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I gave up flavors years ago. I have been using Muscle Feast's Grass Fed Hydrolyzed Whey and Casein blends "unflavored" for years.

It's a very high quality supplement that ranks extremely well each year, and made in the US.

For those that like to change things up...years ago I was a big True Protein fan...now called True Nutrition. Owned and Operated by Dante, he supplied most of the pros...and still does from what I hear.

But you can get bulk unflavored high quality product from them, and then get "flavor packets". So basically you have a Baskin Robbins selection each day if you want.

They probably have 25+ different flavors.
      05-31-2019, 05:25 AM   #565
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So getting ready to start into my 4th week of my deficit. Still at 3K calories a day give or take, and was 201lbs this morning.

I've been following the advice of JP10 and not focusing so much on the scale...but on the mirror. I know I should always do it this way, but usually end up sabotaging myself as my level of lean vs. what someone else tells me is skewed!

Weight has only dropped a few lbs over 3 weeks, but the mirror is telling a completely different story. Also already had to move up another notch in my belt...so my waist is heading in the right direction.

I stopped training my mid-section with weight years ago as my abs got a little too thick, and it threw off that taper from your chest to your abs from the side. So now I train them with just bodyweight. But luckily, I have always had good abs. I think it came from all the years of squatting and deadlifting without a belt which made me focus on my core more.

Overall I'm pretty happy with where things are headed. It looks like I added some significant thickness to my upper back area since I started deadlifting and doing Bent Rows heavy again. And my rear delts are looking the best they ever have as I have been giving them extra attention to keep my shoulder girdle healthy since putting heavy presses back in.

I have kept my carbs up slightly higher than in the past especially around my workout, so I'm staying full and still getting some nice pumps. Vascularity is going crazy too! That's the part my wife doesn't like.
      05-31-2019, 07:22 AM   #566
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's exactly what the protein at Sam's Club taste like...like shiy! I only resort to that if I'm out of protein and the wife says we have to budget for the month. I must be a bad dad sometimes with my boys cause they dip into my protein supply that there are times when we're running low on protein that I tell my boys to skip protein since were eating right away. They look at me like "than why are you making a protein shake?"
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #567
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So getting ready to start into my 4th week of my deficit. Still at 3K calories a day give or take, and was 201lbs this morning.

I've been following the advice of JP10 and not focusing so much on the scale...but on the mirror. I know I should always do it this way, but usually end up sabotaging myself as my level of lean vs. what someone else tells me is skewed!

Weight has only dropped a few lbs over 3 weeks, but the mirror is telling a completely different story. Also already had to move up another notch in my belt...so my waist is heading in the right direction.

I stopped training my mid-section with weight years ago as my abs got a little too thick, and it threw off that taper from your chest to your abs from the side. So now I train them with just bodyweight. But luckily, I have always had good abs. I think it came from all the years of squatting and deadlifting without a belt which made me focus on my core more.

Overall I'm pretty happy with where things are headed. It looks like I added some significant thickness to my upper back area since I started deadlifting and doing Bent Rows heavy again. And my rear delts are looking the best they ever have as I have been giving them extra attention to keep my shoulder girdle healthy since putting heavy presses back in.

I have kept my carbs up slightly higher than in the past especially around my workout, so I'm staying full and still getting some nice pumps. Vascularity is going crazy too! That's the part my wife doesn't like.
Sounds like things are coming along man! Mirror, and just like you mentioned the way your clothes fit is a tell tale sign 100%. Over the last few weeks I went from being snug in some of my shit to absolutely swimming in them. Literally on the last notch on my belt and things aren't slowing down lol. Need to go out an buy new shit, but like I've mentioned in the past I am "frugal" to put it lightly haha. Don't get me wrong I hop on the scale every now and again, but only when I am feeling very lean to almost confirm the way I have been feeling. Usually the numbers are in agreement with the mirror/clothes.

I train my abs, but not so much on my obliques, they seem to grow faster then my other muscle groups and I'll start looking like a box lol. Usually only body weight movements for me though and I do mine in a quad-set without breaks inbetween each set and movement. Like a rapid beatdown prior to my workout.

High carb/protein while staying on a strict calorie count has always left me feeling great, feel like I can run through a brick wall even when I'm on just a few hours of sleep. Keep after it man!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #568
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Oh shit just realized I thought 1moremod was referring to MyProtein's protein powder, not the BCAAs. Yeah their BCAAs taste like trash. I go unflavored and just down them with water and my nostrils shut lmao.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #569
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I use the Xtend BCAA. I've only ever tried the blue raspberry, and it's actually enjoyable to drink. Can mix up a tall mug, put on the cap, and sip it for a while. Typically toss in a few tiny scoops of d-aspartic, which makes it seem kinda salty at the bottom, but no flavor issues at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #570
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Killin' chest/tri's like a m'efer!

Got Dr Jeckyll running through my veins! Body''s tingling like crazy from the beta aline
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #571
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I'm on vacation dad bodding it.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #572
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sounds like things are coming along man! Mirror, and just like you mentioned the way your clothes fit is a tell tale sign 100%. Over the last few weeks I went from being snug in some of my shit to absolutely swimming in them. Literally on the last notch on my belt and things aren't slowing down lol. Need to go out an buy new shit, but like I've mentioned in the past I am "frugal" to put it lightly haha. Don't get me wrong I hop on the scale every now and again, but only when I am feeling very lean to almost confirm the way I have been feeling. Usually the numbers are in agreement with the mirror/clothes.

I train my abs, but not so much on my obliques, they seem to grow faster then my other muscle groups and I'll start looking like a box lol. Usually only body weight movements for me though and I do mine in a quad-set without breaks inbetween each set and movement. Like a rapid beatdown prior to my workout.

High carb/protein while staying on a strict calorie count has always left me feeling great, feel like I can run through a brick wall even when I'm on just a few hours of sleep. Keep after it man!

Yeah....a few more weeks of this and then the random looks and comments at work start up from the old ladies who thinks my face is looking too gaunt!

Just got to do like you said and not get caught up in the scale. Last year I got almost to 6%, but I was over depleted. After a few days of eating junk, I filled out and looked better 3 days into our vacation than when we first got down there.

My abs are still pretty thick, but it allows them to show at a higher body fat percentage. But they are coming in nicely, and I got veins starting to show in my lower obliques and quads!