ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
cahme
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i Sport MT

DIS, ISTA Reading faults, but not connecting to any modules

My car appears to be in transport mode after a drained battery. The A/C will not work nor rear defrost and it has the symptoms as I've read which appears to be somewhat common on these cars.

For both of these below, I am using a cable from ************** that has worked fine for my E90 which I believe should also work for the '07 Z4 (as it does with INPA).

I first got DIS v57 and after successfully connecting INPA, I exited it and launched the DIS vm. I had it detect the car, but it failed for which I entered the VIN. It did indeed read the faults (have a DISA fault), so I navigated to the delete transport mode. It went through all of the modules and returned "not found" for each.

I then got ISTA+ to try with it, but again it was unable to detect my car and indeed read the faults. It seems it can read the DME, but nothing else. Here is a snapshot from it:
Name:  z4-ista.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  306.0 KB

Any ideas for me to try?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
cahme
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i Sport MT

Update for anyone who might find this later ...

I was able to get ISTA+ to work with these other modules once I bridged ports 7&8 on the cable. I didn't try this until desperate as:
  • the car is 2007 model and I read many times that's not necessary for 2007+ cars (although 10/2006 build, so maybe thats why)
  • INPA worked fine in reading the DME (as did ISTA+ when VIN entered) with the cable with 7&8 un-bridged .. I thought it was all or nothing

Additionally, I did successfully delete Transport Mode with ISTA+ as opposed to having to use DIS v57. Just about every thread I found on deleting transport mode solved it with DIS v57
Appreciate 0