ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Thank you

Just wanted to give all of you a "thank you" for the camaraderie and useful information here at ZPOST over the last 8+ years. I have decided to sell my Z4 M Roadster. It's a fantastic car. A testament to that fact is just how long I have owned this beast .......... far longer than any other vehicle I've owned since my first vehicle back in 1974. I will keep my account open and check in from time to time to see what's happening. Who knows, it may not sell too quick and I'll be here more than I planned Thanks again!

John
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

What are you switching to? I tried to move on to a different car but when it came down to the wire I couldn't do it. Love the z4! Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

I'm in the same shoes as you, but with my coupe. GLWS!

This has definitely been the best car community I've ever been part of. I haven't been on here much for the past few years but the folks here have always been friendly and eager to help.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
What are you switching to? I tried to move on to a different car but when it came down to the wire I couldn't do it. Love the z4! Best of luck to you!
I'm going to get a 718 Boxster. Please don't hate me for it I consider myself a true car guy, and I love most all performance vehicles. I get the urge for something new and I end up selling and buying. I've actually owned this car longer by far then any other vehicle in my 40 years of car ownership, which knowing my proclivities with automobiles, is a testament to just how good this thing is Will I regret selling it? If I do it won't be the first time I have regretted moving to another vehicle It would be nice to keep both, but I'm on a fixed income now so that wouldn't be the most prudent move ......... although the way all Z4 M's are appreciating in value, and taking into account it won't be too may years before hybrids and all electrics take over, I may regret not holding on to this thing a little longer. Thanks again for the kind words.

John
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaliber View Post
I'm in the same shoes as you, but with my coupe. GLWS!

This has definitely been the best car community I've ever been part of. I haven't been on here much for the past few years but the folks here have always been friendly and eager to help.
Same to you! And I totally agree with you, ZPOST is a great community!!!

John
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z4M Coupe

Why the 718 over the 981?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 05:35 PM   #7
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsinghzzzz View Post
Why the 718 over the 981?
Well, everyone is different ...... what works for one person might not float another's boat. The 2019 now comes with sport exhaust standard, and Porsche I hear has tweaked it a little. In all honesty, the whole "6 versus 4" sound thing never bothered me, especially now on the 2019 models. The 981's sound great, but I don't track anymore, so just how often do you get to wind that thing out to hear that tone? For me, the 718 had more usable torque across a very broad RPM range, and I like that for a daily driver. Not dissing the 981 at all, a close friend has one and it's a fantastic car. I also like the styling changes on the 718. Both are fun cars
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2019, 09:56 PM   #8
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Greetings antennahead....
Wishing you well from the Seattle area. As my pastor said to me 4+ decades ago...."have you ever seen a trailer behind a hearse??....you can't take it with you"....we LOVE our beloved Z4M's....like many of us, I paid it off Dec 2015....did a major upgrade of the suspension with Bilstein and Eibach in early 2017....I re-purposed (retired) in mid 2017 and have no car payments now (keying on your fixed income comment)....I intend to keep the Beloved Z4MR Red Roadster until....I don't know....I'm nearly 67 now and LOVE driving this BEAST once a week....GO FOR THE 718 and enjoy it immensely.
      05-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #9
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Greetings antennahead....
Wishing you well from the Seattle area. As my pastor said to me 4+ decades ago...."have you ever seen a trailer behind a hearse??....you can't take it with you"....we LOVE our beloved Z4M's....like many of us, I paid it off Dec 2015....did a major upgrade of the suspension with Bilstein and Eibach in early 2017....I re-purposed (retired) in mid 2017 and have no car payments now (keying on your fixed income comment)....I intend to keep the Beloved Z4MR Red Roadster until....I don't know....I'm nearly 67 now and LOVE driving this BEAST once a week....GO FOR THE 718 and enjoy it immensely.
Thank you Sir! I'm not quite as old as you , but not far off either A close personal friend, who also handles my 401k, said the same thing to me your pastor said to you, when I told him I was thinking of a new 718. His exact words were "John, you can't take it with you ....... and I know how well you manage your money ....... now if you said you were going to pick up a new McLaren, I'd say you need to come down to my office and we need to have a talk"

Thank you for the encouraging words!

John
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #10
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I'm going to get a 718 Boxster. Please don't hate me for it I consider myself a true car guy, and I love most all performance vehicles. I get the urge for something new and I end up selling and buying. I've actually owned this car longer by far then any other vehicle in my 40 years of car ownership, which knowing my proclivities with automobiles, is a testament to just how good this thing is Will I regret selling it? If I do it won't be the first time I have regretted moving to another vehicle It would be nice to keep both, but I'm on a fixed income now so that wouldn't be the most prudent move ......... although the way all Z4 M's are appreciating in value, and taking into account it won't be too may years before hybrids and all electrics take over, I may regret not holding on to this thing a little longer. Thanks again for the kind words.

John
I sold my Z4MC to get my 993.....I had a few regrets and sometimes I still miss the Zed. I always wanted a 993 and am pretty happy with the car. I still come to the forum everyday, the BMW tech stuff isn't relevant now but I still like to read about all types of performance cars, watch videos and enjoy many of the off topic discussions. GLWS, Porsche is a great car and hopefully you stay on the forum.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #11
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^Thanks Grump, I plan to stay
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Enjoy your new adventure, John. Hopefully you won't have to deal with funky speaker impedance when you start monkeying around with the stereo. Please send us some "new owner" tales and revelations. Don't forget to check the power steering fluid on the new car, though I hear it's hard to find the reservoir.
Appreciate 1