ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-24-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
gregp553
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Does this happen to you?

I drove my 06 M Coupe to Subway to get lunch. As I'm waiting in line, a random guy walks in and announces to the store, "does anyone in here own the red BMW?" My stomach drops as I'm sure he wants to report that someone ran into it. Instead, he wants to tell me how much he likes the car and to ask me some questions. Which he did outside by the car for the next 10 minutes while my grilled sandwich went cold. That never happened when I drove my old C5 anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

Yes, several times. I once had an elderly woman come up to me and say, "that's a really nice car young man, I hope you look after it." It was......well cute to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Yup!

My wife and I took the SI over to the local paint store one sunny Saturday back in June to pick up some paint for some work around the house. On the way out, an older gentleman ambled over and cheerfully remarked "As the Brits would say, I really like your motor!"

Its quite a nice feeling when something like that happens!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Same here!

At my previous job we used to park in an alley, private parking though, and one day leaving work this lady I see everyday walk through the alley came up to me as I was packing up my things and said "so you're the one driving this beautiful car!"

And right after leaving the alley the first turn I make onto a busy street was an e30, driver looked like he just saw a ghost. He yells "OMG nice car!" and I'm like "No you nice car!" and it went back and fourth until the light turned green. I'm not even exaggerating but it was a pretty stirring few minutes.

This was the 2nd week I had the car. Can't believe I sold it...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #5
VossenCoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Best compliment i ever had was from a four year old kid
He and his dad walk pas the car and the kid says " daddy daddy look it's a race car "
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Digs
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

All I got from a 4yo girl who just climbed out the back of a towering X5 was "mummy mummy look how small this car is!" lol
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #7
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Latest one I've gotten was a 6-7 yo boy walking with his Mom points at me as I was coming up to a stop light and says "Look at that cool car Mommy!!".
I responded with a blip downshift. (Threw him some ear bacon.)

Mmmmmmm. Ear bacon ...
      08-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #8
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz
Same here!

At my previous job we used to park in an alley, private parking though, and one day leaving work this lady I see everyday walk through the alley came up to me as I was packing up my things and said "so you're the one driving this beautiful car!"

And right after leaving the alley the first turn I make onto a busy street was an e30, driver looked like he just saw a ghost. He yells "OMG nice car!" and I'm like "No you nice car!" and it went back and fourth until the light turned green. I'm not even exaggerating but it was a pretty stirring few minutes.

This was the 2nd week I had the car. Can't believe I sold it...
Yes, you should be ashamed you sold it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #9
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

No this does not happen to me.

J/K yes it does. The latest one was when I stopped to allow a couple of hikers cross the the road. One of them said "that's a very pretty car!" which made me smile and say thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #10
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Don't remind me
Still looking though, got an ounce of hope.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 12:55 AM   #11
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Few weeks ago I had a guy in a truck flip me off for a good 10 seconds straight, that has to count for something
      08-26-2016, 07:19 AM   #12
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Don't remind me
Still looking though, got an ounce of hope.
You learned your lesson didn't you!

What are you looking for?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #13
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Last night I stopped for gas near my destination late in the evening and a AAA response guy (not a tow truck) was assisting someone in the parking lot. He yelled over that he hoped I track my car. After he was done with his call and just as I was finishing pumping my gas he pulled his truck over and even though "he's not a BMW guy" he wanted to hear all about my car. And so he did. Then I got to hear all about his time attack, turbo Civic and his pristine stock Integra GSR. I was half an hour last to my destination but it was one of the most pleasant automotive interactions I've ever had.

Another time a year or so ago a guy in a nicely modified new Civic pulled up beside me at a light and went on for the entire length of the light about how amazing my car is. Then, after we'd had a nice chat and the light was about to change, he says, "Man! Your car makes mine look like a piece of shit!" (perhaps an overstatement - I'm not really into Hondas but his looked just fine) "Get away from me!" We both chuckled and drove on.
      08-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #14
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

I remember when I own my M Roadster I used to get a few of those compliments. Still miss it so much, considering in the future purchasing another one but for now I am Ok. But now with my Plasma Blue Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R I get compliments and questions about it almost daily even when stop at a red lights.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #15
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

I bought my car in Portland and drove it home 1100 miles. About 200 miles into the drive, I stopped at a diner for dinner. Got a nice compliment from the waitress. Great way to start the ownership experience.

The only other ones were when I went to see a house, and the seller's realtor complimented my "beautiful" car. The other was when a guy in a modded mini gave my fiance the thumbs up when she was sitting passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post

Another time a year or so ago a guy in a nicely modified new Civic pulled up beside me at a light and went on for the entire length of the light about how amazing my car is. Then, after we'd had a nice chat and the light was about to change, he says, "Man! Your car makes mine look like a piece of shit!" (perhaps an overstatement - I'm not really into Hondas but his looked just fine) "Get away from me!" We both chuckled and drove on.
Something about your car. The amazing color, the mods... I own the same car, but yours really made me stare at the meet we had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLCZ4M View Post
I remember when I own my M Roadster I used to get a few of those compliments. Still miss it so much, considering in the future purchasing another one but for now I am Ok. But now with my Plasma Blue Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R I get compliments and questions about it almost daily even when stop at a red lights.
I get a LOT of kids staring at me when I'm on a moto. I always rev for them Kids getting excited over a vehicle is always the most enjoyable for me.

That said, I've got a couple of good stories:
Several years ago, I was at a stop light on my CBR600RR and the car next to me was trying to catch my attention. I looked over and this ~3 year old boy was going nuts over my bike. The parents were waving at me. So I bounced off the limiter for him for like 10 seconds and he was in heaven. Light turned green and I made the left much faster than I normally would, and made sure to hit redline under the tunnel for him.

Again on the CBR600RR, I was riding home around midnight on a Saturday night. Several years ago, socal folks may remember all that detour/construction work on the 405S. So we got detoured. Traffic backed up for miles. It was a 30 min delay for me on a moto, so prob 1.5 hrs for cars. In other words, it was a madhouse. I'm splitting (slowly) in traffic, and this little kid is hanging out the back window of an upcoming car, and he's waving at me. I slowed and gave him a little fist bump as I rode by. I don't know why his parents had him out so late, but that probably made his night.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #16
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Lol yes, the hard way unfortunately.

Looking for the same car actually. Previous one was an M roadster so eyes out for an M coupe. Don't think anyone's going to be selling anytime soon after a thread like this lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #17
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post

Looking for the same car actually. Previous one was an M roadster so eyes out for an M coupe. Don't think anyone's going to be selling anytime soon after a thread like this lol.
Did you see my thread?
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1298065
My car wasn't even on the market for 12hours before I sold it (just waiting for the money to wire).
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #18
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalecan View Post
Did you see my thread?
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1298065
My car wasn't even on the market for 12hours before I sold it (just waiting for the money to wire).
Yes Dalecan we were PM'ing each other lol. Congrats on the sale though And to the lucky guy it's going to!

I can imagine the day of delivery. Tow truck guy drops it off at his drive way, the owner says "what is this?" and the guy replies "this is your 10 second car"

Hopefully you've seen fast & furious lol
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #19
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

In early 2015 at a red light a guy in a new mustang looks over at me and asks "is that a 2014 or a 2015?" I replied "2007". His jaw dropped and I drove away laughing to myself.

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 05:37 PM   #20
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Have you looked in the classified here? It seems an M Coupe gets added every few days.

And when you acquire your next one, hold on to it with both hands! I am just messin with you.

Good luck with the search! Obviously lets us know when you find it and have in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 11:09 PM   #21
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Yes Dalecan we were PM'ing each other lol. Congrats on the sale though And to the lucky guy it's going to!

I can imagine the day of delivery. Tow truck guy drops it off at his drive way, the owner says "what is this?" and the guy replies "this is your 10 second car"

Hopefully you've seen fast & furious lol
Oops, sorry. The guy is actually flying in to pick it up and driving it back to Idaho. That's the way I would do it.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #22
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep

I've never had anyone come into a shop and yell but I've gotten complimented on the Z4 many times, chatting about cars is awesome no matter what brand or decade they are. Even if I prefer and know most about BMW's. Car culture is awesome that way.
Appreciate 0