ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > UK
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Shoegazer
Gazed and confused
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i SE Roadster

Hello......Anybody there..........?

Just a post to say hello, not sure if many visit the UK Zpost as there's hardly any chat in here but just in case..

I picked up my first BMW this morning, a 2003 Z4 Roadster 3.0i SE, steel grey, and I love her!

here's the dealer's pic but will post some more when i stop wasting petrol for long enough to take some shots.

One or two minor things to sort out (that I was aware of!) and a lot to learn about: How the hell do I find my way around the computer/stereo/nav/TV? How do I turn the passenger airbag back on?...etc but I guess I'll have to spend some time reading the forums to find the answers.

My name is Tim and I'm in York and I'm an engineer by trade.

That's about it really.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Matty C
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Roadster, 2006 M3

Tim,
Welcome. I don't see much traffic here in the area forums except for setting up meets. I'm in the UK from 06 - 17 AUG with my Z4MR.

Again welcome!
Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Shoegazer
Gazed and confused
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty C View Post
Tim,
Welcome. I don't see much traffic here in the area forums except for setting up meets. I'm in the UK from 06 - 17 AUG with my Z4MR.

Again welcome!
Matt
Hi Matt, thanks for the welcome. Should be a nice run out for you in August! which route are you taking? long drive or looonnng ferry?

Z4MR sounds like fun!!

Tim.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

took mine out today for a run down some good country roads, this car is just so much fun. am thinking of doing a pass and tunnel trip to europe next year and definately to the ring, anyone interested? also fitted milltek sport exhaust, sharpens throttle response and sounds great withou being intrusive, well pleased, now thinking of fitting the aero skirts.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I think there is a key hole on the side of the dash that is revealed when you open the passenger's door. Not too sure as I have never looked for it.

You can get around the nav by mostly using the right knob and pushing it in to select things.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 04:51 AM   #6
Shoegazer
Gazed and confused
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminT View Post
I think there is a key hole on the side of the dash that is revealed when you open the passenger's door. Not too sure as I have never looked for it.

You can get around the nav by mostly using the right knob and pushing it in to select things.
Thanks mate,

I found the airbag keyswitch pretty quickly. Slowly finding my way round the nav/stereo controls. Not very intuitive is it! bit better with the V32 software on the nav though.

Tim.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
Hello !

[echo echo echo...............]
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
Toe-side
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 Roadster

Also new to Z4's and this Forum Purchased a Silver 3.0 SE (2003) around 6 weeks ago. Need to get some photo's posted also!
Loving the car.
Already changed the wheels from 108's to 107 ellipsoidal's + wheel spacers and removed the foam the sound generator (still makes me grin!) Clayed the paintwork and polished! Based in the Scottish borders.
Going to garage the car shortly to strip and check suspension, brakes and basically tinker!
Appreciate 0