ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #1
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

Found this body kit on Craigslist

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 3,700.00

Item Interest

Last edited by SwissArmy; 11-19-2018 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Very very very rice if you ask me...

I think I've seen it before in some pics but I don't remember the manufacturer anymore.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 06:40 AM   #3
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Very very very rice if you ask me...

To each their own, I suppose
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I think the manufacturer was called Slek or something like that if I remember correctly.

As for the price if its all real carbon its not expensive I guess.

The hood is not included I think. (I think thats a varis hood? hmm maybe not, the varis hood is different)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-19-2018 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think the manufacturer was called Slek or something like that if I remember correctly.

As for the price if its all real carbon its not expensive I guess.

The hood is not included I think. (I think thats a varis hood? hmm maybe not, the varis hood is different)
That definitely looks like the slēk designs kit. From the pictures it seems that this may have been their roadster kit display car.

Considering original kit was $10k+, then the price seems reasonable.

I would be cautious though about putting on this kit, especially if the time comes to sell the car. @briansags on Instagram has the same kit on his blue Z4M roadster, and hasn't been able to sell his car for more than a year and a half now.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10906.00
      11-19-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

That's a Slek design car and that car in the picture is local to me. The kit will not be made in CF for that price. It'll probably be a copy made in FRP. Just guessing.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #7
Danny_P
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4C 3.0si

Does anyone know if they still produce those body kits? I can't find them anywhere
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 11:55 PM   #8
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_P View Post
Does anyone know if they still produce those body kits? I can't find them anywhere
They went out of business but Ariusen was in contact with them for a small production run of their hatch. Might want to ask him.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:32 AM   #9
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_P View Post
There were only 2 of those kits that were ever made and the mold is no where to be found as far as I know.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #10
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
There were only 2 of those kits that were ever made and the mold is no where to be found as far as I know.
Unless you mean in CF, I think more than 2 of the kits - Joon Maeng was running the Slek roadster kit on his Lucas Oil Formula Drift car some years back, Michael Essa also had the kit on his time attack Z4 roady. My guess is that both those cars had some extras, especially Joon's FD Z4.

As far as this craigslist seller, they've either had the kit for a long time or have their hands on those missing molds and are just making FRP versions and selling them. I've periodically seen the posts on CL for maybe 2 years now. Or it could be Joon and he just can't move his old back-up kits lol

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsinghzzzz View Post
That definitely looks like the slēk designs kit. From the pictures it seems that this may have been their roadster kit display car.

I would be cautious though about putting on this kit, especially if the time comes to sell the car. @briansags on Instagram has the same kit on his blue Z4M roadster, and hasn't been able to sell his car for more than a year and a half now.
OMG he's down to asking $15k with stock wheels now based on his most recent post. Not a bad buy, swap in proper suspension and wheel/tire setup and that could be a cool and very unique Z4M for cheap!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #11
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Unless you mean in CF, I think more than 2 of the kits - Joon Maeng was running the Slek roadster kit on his Lucas Oil Formula Drift car some years back, Michael Essa also had the kit on his time attack Z4 roady. My guess is that both those cars had some extras, especially Joon's FD Z4.

As far as this craigslist seller, they've either had the kit for a long time or have their hands on those missing molds and are just making FRP versions and selling them. I've periodically seen the posts on CL for maybe 2 years now. Or it could be Joon and he just can't move his old back-up kits lol

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsinghzzzz View Post

OMG he's down to asking $15k with stock wheels now based on his most recent post. Not a bad buy, swap in proper suspension and wheel/tire setup and that could be a cool and very unique Z4M for cheap!
Yup $15k was a great price, which is why it ended up selling shortly after to someone in the Texas area.
Appreciate 0