ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Feelers on my 2007 Z4M Roadster

Lads,

I'm thinking about putting up my roadster for sale to pursue something else that I've been wanting for a very long time. The roadster would be the starting point on paying for that dream. The reality is if I don't get what I'm looking for money wise, this just will not be able to happen.

My roadster is far from perfect cosmetically but also remember I'm really picky. And I drive it. It has just over 100K km on it, so the mileage is pretty low for a 2007.

Mechanically, everything has been taken care of and is in top shape. Mileage is too low for the VANOS update and she's not showing any issues of that issue either.

A few notes.

The Hamann wheels are negotiable into the sale of the car but are really rare and hard to find.
I also have the full Euro exhaust setup (headers and Section 1) ready to be installed.
I have the hardtop for this car, which is really rare.
The car is on BC Racing coilovers, but I also have the stock suspension.
I have a set of gutted OEM mufflers available but not on the car.

There's lots of other things to discuss about the car. IF you have any interest or know anyone that may, please drop me a line at:

tominizer@gmail.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Just don't. I can't watch. Someone save this man from himself :

Good luck with the sale. I'm dying to know what car you've wanted badly enough for this to be considered. Can't you have both?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

LOL.

We bought my son a 2002 325ci (e46) and have been spending a lot of time modifying that car. And it takes up a spot in the garage as it's real low mileage and never seen a winter. It's actually a nice machine after we made a bunch of changes to it. And a slick-top so no sunroof. Beside it sits the roadster. My daily driver is outside. Anyways, so no more room for another car.

What am I chasing?!?! Ever since I was a kid I've wanted one. I have so much collectible shit from then and over the years with things I've accumulated. And I've come close soooo many times but never pulled the trigger. And it's a pain in the azz car. And doesn't make any sense. And many others have told the same story about one. But I'm not getting any younger either and the good years seem to pass by in a blink. Anyways, it's a Porsche 964 C2 with a manual tranny. There's an incredibly low mileage 993 C2 up here in toronto available as well for a steal price, but it's not what I dream about. A guy in my neighborhood owns a red 964 and I pine about it ever time I see it. I do love the Z4M but I don't have a complete attachment to it like I had ......say with my E30 M3. Who knows. The Z4M may not sell..... and I have no issue keeping it as I won't give it away either. BUT........ a 964 is on the bucket list. I've driven them. Must own one somehow !!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
I completely understand your position, and while it would suck to see you go - at least we aren't losing you to a Prius haha. A Porsche would be a nice progression, best of luck in your sale and search.

I would say, having been in your position before, it's a tough market as you're looking for a very specific buyer. If possible, I'd wait until the spring as you'll have more people looking for a car like this and will likely be able to ask a higher price.
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #5
ShawnPaul
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I have earmarked only a few cars I would swap my z4m coupe for. It's a very small list.

Wish you luck on the sale. If someone buys it, refer them back to the group here if they aren't already a member.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Meeeeh, I think the market for the Z4M up this way is still super small. I honestly have my doubts I will be leaving any time soon. and if that means I final get around to installing the euro exhaust setup, maybe the car stays and I get out a second mortgage......... which would be an absolutely idiotic thing to do for a car purchase........... for me....... in my situation. But hey, life is a strange ride.

Over this winter I want to refinish the wheels and have the front bumper repainted and cleaned up. Little things. And on another note, I remember when I sold my E30 M3......... biggest regret EVER car wise. Could this be the same mistake again ?!?!?!??!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #7
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Meeeeh, I think the market for the Z4M up this way is still super small. I honestly have my doubts I will be leaving any time soon. and if that means I final get around to installing the euro exhaust setup, maybe the car stays and I get out a second mortgage......... which would be an absolutely idiotic thing to do for a car purchase........... for me....... in my situation. But hey, life is a strange ride.

Over this winter I want to refinish the wheels and have the front bumper repainted and cleaned up. Little things. And on another note, I remember when I sold my E30 M3......... biggest regret EVER car wise. Could this be the same mistake again ?!?!?!??!
Maybe? Problem with car trends is that they're very random. The E30 shot up in value kinda out of nowhere but certain social influences did take part in that.
I feel like with this car, its just going to take a little time but I dont think their values are going to drop any more. They've been hovering between 25-35 since I got mine and that was nearly 5 years ago. Which is quite a long time for a car's value to stay the same.
The other thing that the Z4M has going for itself is the simplicity of it. This was one of the last "analog" BMW's which is a big thing to some people. Like... you couldn't even get this car without 3 pedals (which helps).

So long story short- likely, but not definitely. And In either case, you wouldnt be losing money by keeping on to it...you just wouldn't have the cash on hand if you would have sold it.
      10-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #8
ShawnPaul
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I always tell my wife that my coupe is going up in value, so it's free at worst case. You would be silly to not own every car you can that makes money/ doesn't lose.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 03:06 AM   #9
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnPaul View Post
I always tell my wife that my coupe is going up in value, so it's free at worst case. You would be silly to not own every car you can that makes money/ doesn't lose.
Silly maybe, as long as you can afford them Stocks go up too (the right ones). That said the idea of owning a 911 for a few years and not losing one's shirt on sale would be appealing.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #10
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I think that the Z4M "should" go up in value but the timing isn't right yet for this car. But it's coming. Has so many good things going for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #11
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
I think that the Z4M "should" go up in value but the timing isn't right yet for this car. But it's coming. Has so many good things going for it.
But do roadsters/convertibles prices also go up as coupes do for any appreciating car that came in both? Z8 is way up but I guess by my definition just now it was only ever a roadie I believe S2000's with clean, low mileage appear to be going up but only came in convertible and not going up to the degree Z4M's are?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Cars are a crap shoot. IF I had the space and money, I'd definitely consider keeping the Z4M. Well, it could happen anyways because if I can't get what I need out of it, then she stays. I think over the winter I will be cleaning up a few things on her too..... such as the front bumper....... needs a respray.
Appreciate 0