ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #23
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NQRDDS View Post
I ordered an airfryer for $120-30ish last week. They marked it delivered and my front door camera never showed anyone delivering it. Contacted Amazon and they won't refund or send me another unit and asked me to file a police report. Talk about jumping through hoops.
I've had this same experience. Always with their own delivery fleet, not UPS or FedEx. And when you log in to the website and find the order, there's options for "Return" and "Review" and "Buy Another" but no option for "You didn't deliver shit, fuck-face."
      01-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #24
MADBMWX5MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I'm surprised. We had a guy buy a set of tires, sent signature required, dude signed for them. We even got the signature from UPS showing the guys name. He filed claim saying he never got them and we got it in the ass with no lube.

I have a interesting one...related, but a bit different. Bought a spray can (unique color) thru amazon. Online update said it was delivered, but it wasn't. Checked with neighbors and waited 3 days to contact amazon. Once I contacted them, I got a full credit back. A few days later I ordered another one. That one made it.

Wait for it......a month later, the first spray can showed up...what the heck?! I contacted amazon who told me to keep it, no questions asked. I bet it has to do with the fact it was a spray can and they cant accept returns?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #25
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I'm surprised. We had a guy buy a set of tires, sent signature required, dude signed for them. We even got the signature from UPS showing the guys name. He filed claim saying he never got them and we got it in the ass with no lube.

I have a interesting one...related, but a bit different. Bought a spray can (unique color) thru amazon. Online update said it was delivered, but it wasn't. Checked with neighbors and waited 3 days to contact amazon. Once I contacted them, I got a full credit back. A few days later I ordered another one. That one made it.

Wait for it......a month later, the first spray can showed up...what the heck?! I contacted amazon who told me to keep it, no questions asked. I bet it has to do with the fact it was a spray can and they cant accept returns?
They also won't bother with low value items. It must cost more to process it than cut losses.

I've bought several items for my kids that didn't work out or were too small/large for them. Amazon just said to keep the items
      01-30-2020, 12:25 PM   #26
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
After I confirmed I wouldn’t be charged a restocking fee I went ahead and set up the return. They said even tho it was opened and used I can do it. Fine by me. I save my son 50 bucks and amazon has to sell this as a refurb. All good.
So stupid... Amazon should just match the price instead of having to now sell a refurbished product which was working perfectly. Some of these business practices just leave me confused.... like why?

Anyways, Amazon is great but I've heard if you start returning a lot of items, you can potentially get banned. Heard you are dinged for returns, so even in your case you making an unnecessary return it would count against you I believe. Once again, just stupid.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #27
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
After I confirmed I wouldn’t be charged a restocking fee I went ahead and set up the return. They said even tho it was opened and used I can do it. Fine by me. I save my son 50 bucks and amazon has to sell this as a refurb. All good.
So stupid... Amazon should just match the price instead of having to now sell a refurbished product which was working perfectly. Some of these business practices just leave me confused.... like why?

Anyways, Amazon is great but I've heard if you start returning a lot of items, you can potentially get banned. Heard you are dinged for returns, so even in your case you making an unnecessary return it would count against you I believe. Once again, just stupid.
A friend of mine used to abuse it. He would buy High end camera equipment to test it out. Then return.... over and over. He got flagged and was sent a warning email that if it persists then they have to cancel his prime membership

On a side note...I one ordered a set of three small wrenches...I received an empty amazon envelope. Meaning someone at the fulfillment center literally put a label on an empty envelope. Was sent off to shipping. And they shipped it to me. I called amazon and they got me my wrenches the very next day.

Also don't buy fragile items...ordered a box of lightbulbs. Yea...they didn't survive. They don't mark the packages fragile...I received a box of broken glass. Amazon almost made me ship it back. I asked if serious... the box is literally leaking broken glass... they said never mind

Going downhill fast
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #28
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Why should they match the price? You bought for what you bought. What really is stupid is to look back for your disadvantage. You thought you were smart and had the best deal. Then it turns out you aren't smart enough to realize you really did. At that moment. Then there goes smartassing... "A refurbished product which was working perfectly" should make somebody happy provided they sell it appropriately as refurbished and discounted rather than "new again".
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 07:28 PM   #29
NQRDDS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
This seems doubtful unless you have had serious issues with Amazon in the past.

I've had 2 or 3 items that said 'delivered' and were not over the last several years and literally every single time, they shipped me another one immediately, no questions asked.
I haven't had any real issues with them until this most recent purchase. I've also vee a long time prime member for many years and have purchased many things from them. I also used to deliver for them as a driver for about 2 years, but doubt that has anything to do with anything. I did some reading and apparently people have been reporting things missing and getting refunds when they were in fact delivered.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #30
NQRDDS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I've had this same experience. Always with their own delivery fleet, not UPS or FedEx. And when you log in to the website and find the order, there's options for "Return" and "Review" and "Buy Another" but no option for "You didn't deliver shit, fuck-face."
Yes, I haven't seen this problem happen with any of the other couriers that they use. I tend to see if I can pickup any of the products now at local stores and price match if possible instead of ordering and having to be paranoid of this happening again.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 07:40 PM   #31
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Now expected today
We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by today, you can come back here the next day for a refund or replacement.
Been looking at this message for a couple of days. USPS tracking says:

Quote:
January 26, 2020, 4:55 pm
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
ETNA, OH 43018
Shipping Partner: AMAZON
Your item was picked up by a shipping partner at 4:55 pm on January 26, 2020 in ETNA, OH 43018. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
So they haven't got a clue where it is. Luckily it's nothing I need right away and it's low cost stuff, so I'll just cancel and reorder. But this type of problem seems to be happening more often.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2020, 09:16 AM   #32
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Seeing that they continue to break down a multiple item order into individual orders I'd say they are spending a ton of money on transportation costs.

Their net profit margin is under 4 percent and dropped 10 percent in Q4.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #33
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Can blame the idiots that take advantage of Amazons return policy for these kind of cut backs.
Not so based Amazon refunders out here fraudin'.
      04-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #34
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
You guys know that unless it is exclusive to amazon, then you can most likely find it cheaper elsewhere? Unless you want/need that same/next day delivery.
Except same day/next day isn't in the cards anymore unless it's hand sanitizer or toilet paper. I've recently made several purchases via other sources because I didn't want to wait 3 or 4 weeks for my non-essential items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Amazon Prime is going downhill.
And yet the stock has gone wild since 'Rona hit. I don't own any but I'd be selling it if I did. I think Amazon is going to suffer a net loss from their mishandling of orders. I know I'm shopping elsewhere.

Long lead times is one reason. Another is the abysmal packaging. As someone else already mentioned, fragile items often arrive damaged. Heck, I had a wiper blade for the E93 arrive bent. And heavy items? Fuggedabotit. After a harrowing experience getting a transmission jack to arrive at my house with all of its parts intact, I swore off Amazon for anything heavy. Now I find stuff like that at, say Home Depot's online site, have it shipped to the store, and pick it up there. That way it goes via freight and skips "the last mile" which is where I suspect the majority of damage occurs.

Speaking of Home Depot online I'm going to drop them a shameless plug here. I've made a half dozen orders through the site recently and every experience has been spotless. Recommended.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #35
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Except same day/next day isn't in the cards anymore unless it's hand sanitizer or toilet paper. I've recently made several purchases via other sources because I didn't want to wait 3 or 4 weeks for my non-essential items.

And yet the stock has gone wild since 'Rona hit. I don't own any but I'd be selling it if I did. I think Amazon is going to suffer a net loss from their mishandling of orders. I know I'm shopping elsewhere.

Long lead times is one reason. Another is the abysmal packaging. As someone else already mentioned, fragile items often arrive damaged. Heck, I had a wiper blade for the E93 arrive bent. And heavy items? Fuggedabotit. After a harrowing experience getting a transmission jack to arrive at my house with all of its parts intact, I swore off Amazon for anything heavy. Now I find stuff like that at, say Home Depot's online site, have it shipped to the store, and pick it up there. That way it goes via freight and skips "the last mile" which is where I suspect the majority of damage occurs.

Speaking of Home Depot online I'm going to drop them a shameless plug here. I've made a half dozen orders through the site recently and every experience has been spotless. Recommended.
That's great on your experience with Home Depot. What I'm finding recently is many of the stores which are still open and have an online presence, is inexcusable inventory management. When you say you have X item in stock at a specific store and even list the number of items you have on hand, it's a travesty to be so far off in your inventory management that none of the items are actually in stock. I've run into this with Walmart and Target.
Appreciate 3
wdb4673.00
      04-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #36
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
That's great on your experience with Home Depot. What I'm finding recently is many of the stores which are still open and have an online presence, is inexcusable inventory management. When you say you have X item in stock at a specific store and even list the number of items you have on hand, it's a travesty to be so far off in your inventory management that none of the items are actually in stock. I've run into this with Walmart and Target.
I haven't challenged Home Depot's in-store stock claims. Everything I ordered either shipped to the store with my name on it or shipped to my home.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #37
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Ran into this with Target. I needed a headset for conference calls, and of the 3 models that would have worked nicely all were listed by their website as "in stock" at the store near me. When I got to the store 30 minutes after the website visit, not a one of them was in stock. In the case of 2 of the 3, there wasn't even a stocking location or tag for them anywhere. I even had the very helpful staffer check the storeroom. That's some piss-poor inventory management. Real-time tracking isn't a realistic expectation, but it should be obvious that they have to do better than "not even fucking close." For that big of an error there would have to be really slow (or nonexistent) updates, or lots of errors, or both. Since every item is tracked everywhere it goes by a variety of automated means, there's no reason - other than ineptitude or apathy - for such inaccuracy. Very frustrating.
zx10guy5139.00
      05-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #38
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Spent just shy of an hour today on a chat session with Amazon CS about a credit I was supposed to receive and didn't. After the first person stated 3 or 4 falsehoods, I finally got bumped up the ladder. Person #2 then said the credit had been applied to my account, which was also false. Then Person #2 said the credit offer had expired. Again, untrue. The expiration date is May 15th. So finally Person #2 tells me a form will be submitted and I'll receive a credit on my account in 24-48 hours. I won't hold my breathe.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50
      05-02-2020, 01:50 PM   #39
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
...When I got to the store 30 minutes after the website visit, not a one of them was in stock. In the case of 2 of the 3, there wasn't even a stocking location or tag for them anywhere. I even had the very helpful staffer check the storeroom. That's some piss-poor inventory management. Real-time tracking isn't a realistic expectation, but it should be obvious that they have to do better than "not even fucking close."
The phantom menace strikes again...Phantom INVENTORY Menace! I could rant for hours about Lowes and Home Depot not having stuff in stock that their web site says there are hundreds of in our local stores! Pay $7.25/hour for store workers, expect zero pride in their work and 50% inventory shrinkage.....
      05-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #40
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The phantom menace strikes again...Phantom INVENTORY Menace! I could rant for hours about Lowes and Home Depot not having stuff in stock that their web site says there are hundreds of in our local stores! Pay $7.25/hour for store workers, expect zero pride in their work and 50% inventory shrinkage.....
I suspect it may be intentional and baked (or faked) into the inventory system, as a bait-and-switch strategy. Once you're in the store and can't find what you came there for, you're going to want to find a suitable substitute product so you can get on with your project, rather than start the search over from scratch. So you end up buying something else. In my case, it was a gaming headset that cost more than double what I was expecting to spend. Pretty good up-sell strategy, right?
      05-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #41
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Amazon is definitely taking long to deliver things which I understand during these times. Makes it hard to time things or if you need something in a few days. Camera system is taking longer to get here: my fault as I should have ordered sooner. Some bamboo bedsheets I ordered weeks ago finally arrived yesterday. Haha called few days ago asking if they can expedite my order and was told they cannot but will give me $10 credit. I never got it so whatever. Don’t really care much for it.

Camera system was to be 1-day shipping after it’s shipped. Got shipment notification on Wednesday and as of now it’s been bouncing from one Amazon WH to the next: Illinois to Indiana back to Illinois to Kentucky to another Kentucky WH. Lol Won’t be here until Wed-Thur next week. Pretty funny. 😂 Would have preferred to get it this weekend and set it up but good thing it’s not urgent.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #42
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

A few months ago, they were trying to push out the last of a stoptech brake kits they had for my 328xi. I think that was the case.
Normally $270, they were on sale for $80 and I bought the last one. Went to buy another but it was sold out.

They ended up shipping me some random Toyota brake kit in a beat up box.
I called amazon and told them I got the wrong item. They said they were out of stock so they had stoptech send me a set directly from their warehouse!
Good service.

Returns are easy so depending on the price on amazon vs elsewhere, I’ll go with amazon just for the ease and 1-2 shipping.
The items aren’t really 2 day shipping right now so I’m using eBay for the time being.

None of that related to the thread title, just some experience, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #43
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

As another pointed it out, if the buyer misses out on what he thinks is the best deal, I am not sure it’s the stores fault. I buy a lot of kindle books on amazon, and several of them are often randomly priced at $0.99 just for promotion and make readers try out new authors or books. These would last only a day, and price would return to the usual $3.99-12.99 range. I don’t think I have a right to complain that amazon screwed me if I ended up buying it at the higher price. In addition, when ordering a book before it is released, if a lower price is offered between the time the order was placed and the time the book was released, amazon will always charge you the lowest price the book was offered at during this time.

Wonder if people complain that the item they bought a week before was sold for much lower on Black Friday and they expect a refund.

The extra long shipping the last few weeks is understandable and they clearly mention it at the time of ordering. I love amazon, only wish I had spent as much money buying their stock as I did in books from their website back in 2004-2005.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614906.00
      05-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #44
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
As another pointed it out, if the buyer misses out on what he thinks is the best deal, I am not sure it’s the stores fault. I buy a lot of kindle books on amazon, and several of them are often randomly priced at $0.99 just for promotion and make readers try out new authors or books. These would last only a day, and price would return to the usual $3.99-12.99 range. I don’t think I have a right to complain that amazon screwed me if I ended up buying it at the higher price. In addition, when ordering a book before it is released, if a lower price is offered between the time the order was placed and the time the book was released, amazon will always charge you the lowest price the book was offered at during this time.

Wonder if people complain that the item they bought a week before was sold for much lower on Black Friday and they expect a refund.

The extra long shipping the last few weeks is understandable and they clearly mention it at the time of ordering. I love amazon, only wish I had spent as much money buying their stock as I did in books from their website back in 2004-2005.
What you're talking about are promotions or sales which I do understand if I miss out, oh well. What I've been observing are items which are not on sale or don't have promotion have more price fluctuation than the current stock market. Now that should never happen. I've tracked items change in price literally every few hours. And these are not some items that are driven by any type of marketing programs or promotions. One such item is a replacement piece for a motorcycle chain removal/riveting tool. That part has swung from a low of around $18 to a high of $24. Another was a Gentex auto dimming/Homelink rear view mirror. I watched it go from a low of $169 to the current $214.

There's definitely something wrong with the whole stupid pricing system on Amazon when you have a dedicated website called camelcamelcamel that provides historical price tracking of a particular item. Go check out a particular item on that website. Depending on the item, the amount of price variability will shock you.
Appreciate 0