ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-08-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
NYLuke
Registered
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy

WTB Urban Green Z4

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Just like the title says im looking for an Urban Green Z4. I live in upstate NY but willing to travel or have it shipped

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 06:58 AM   #2
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

not sure if sold or not but here you go

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918279
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 09:49 AM   #3
NYLuke
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
not sure if sold or not but here you go

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918279
I saw that one and its a beautiful car. Unfortunately a little out of what I wanna spend. Thank you though
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 10:40 AM   #4
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLuke View Post
I saw that one and its a beautiful car. Unfortunately a little out of what I wanna spend. Thank you though
Negotiate?
Due to your single selection of paint color and the very rare OEM color, suggest going after this uber low mileage example.
      06-09-2022, 11:27 AM   #5
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Negotiate?
Due to your single selection of paint color and the very rare OEM color, suggest going after this uber low mileage example.
100% with racerbruce here. You will not find another one and with a hardtop too which is also super rare. Its almost one of a kind and just happens to be for sale. I'd make it work somehow.
Appreciate 2
racerbruce3848.50
wdb4673.00
      06-09-2022, 06:29 PM   #6
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Looked at the photos again and it appears to be in absolutely pristine condition.

If your color palate does not have room for any other color, secure this ride if possible.

Garaged, the current owner since 5K miles.

20k miles divided by 19 yrs = 1,053 miles per yr.
      06-09-2022, 11:30 PM   #7
zed_fan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, E60 M5 6MT

Looking nationwide and only found 1 other urban green but its a 2.5i. Looks to be in fair condition from the pics and far cheaper.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...492853959.html

Good luck, that's a rare color!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 01:29 PM   #8
NYLuke
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Looked at the photos again and it appears to be in absolutely pristine condition.

If your color palate does not have room for any other color, secure this ride if possible.

Garaged, the current owner since 5K miles.

20k miles divided by 19 yrs = 1,053 miles per yr.

I don't disagree at all and if I had the cash it would be the perfect car for what im looking for unfortunately I just don't have that much money right now so I can only enjoy that one in pictures
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3848.50
      06-15-2022, 01:30 PM   #9
NYLuke
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed_fan View Post
Looking nationwide and only found 1 other urban green but its a 2.5i. Looks to be in fair condition from the pics and far cheaper.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...492853959.html

Good luck, that's a rare color!
I was in contact with this guy but as soon as I mentioned being from out of state he stopped answering my texts
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #10
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't disagree at all and if I had the cash it would be the perfect car for what im looking for unfortunately I just don't have that much money right now so I can only enjoy that one in pictures
Have you thought about calling him (them) and offering what you can afford? The ad is listed as "or best offer"....and it's been available for some length of time.
      06-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #11
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

IMHO....just the OEM in-perfect-condition-hardtop is work $3,000 or perhaps as much as $5,000 due to the ultra-scarcity of OEM hardtops in pristine condition.
      06-22-2022, 01:09 PM   #12
nadaclue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Urban Green 2003 3.0

Quote:
Just like the title says im looking for an Urban Green Z4. I live in upstate NY but willing to travel or have it shipped

Thanks
I may be willing to part ways with my Z4, the only other Urban Green that I know of on these forums outside of the garage queen linked above. Here is a picture thread I posted a while ago: https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1527412

I've had the car for going on 15 yrs at this point, I don't drive it, and I'd like the space in the garage for shop space. I believe there is ~97k miles, I can verify the exact number tonight. I'm asking $15.5k OBO as it sits with the hard top.

The bad:
Car does not have heat. There are 3-4 actuated blender flaps under the dash that allow you to mix heat/cooling. One or more of these failed, so I could only get warm air and no real A/C. I've bypassed the heater core since I only ever drive the car in the summer, though you could get around the issue by installing an electrical valve to reroute the warm coolant through the heater core. This is a relatively common mod for old hot rods so it's well documented.

The paint / body is a 10 footer. There are dings, rock chips, and scratches. I dailied this for many years driving down the interstates around Chicago to my job which was ~70 miles round trip. It could benefit from a PDR to get rid of the handful of dings.

I'm currently fighting an electrical gremlin. If the car has been sitting for a while, I get three dash lights (traction,brake, and tire pressure) warning. I thought it was a battery issue and replaced it, no improvement. I replaced the voltage regulator on the alternator and now the lights will be there when I start it, but after 5 minutes of driving I can shut the car down and restart it and they go away. My next step will be to replace the actual alternator since the voltage regulator showed an improvement. Most E85 Z4's are fighting electrical issues at this point, just part of owning an older BMW.

Two accidents that I can remember. First was someone pulling out of a parking lot as I drove by and clipped the passenger door and rear quarter. The second was while driving down the interstate, a trunk in front of me dropped a chunk of concrete my car couldn't clear and I was boxed in. I elected to hit it on the tire in an effort to save my undercarriage. Took our the bumper, a bunch of fender well plastics, driver headlight, and the driver side sideskirt where it exited. All were replaced with BMW OEM parts.

The Good:
Rare OEM parts including the aero bumper, aero sideskirts, and hardtop.

TON of maintenance in the last 3-4yrs, during which time the car was off the road for 2 years and not registered. Things with less than 2500 miles: entire cooling system (water pump, all hoses, radiator, coolant reservoir), valve cover gasket, spark plugs, spark plug wires, coils, vanos, Bilstein shocks/struts (on H&R springs), rotors, pads, brake fluid, tires, serpentine belt, power window motors / cables, electrical door latches. Oil and transmission fluid were just changed ~1 month ago.

I also cleaned every electrical connection related to the airbag system to get rid of an airbag light.

The soft top motor has been replaced with a Ford Mustang unit and put into the trunk so no worries about that anymore.

Let me know if you're interested and we can discuss how to proceed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
belcom167.50