ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-03-2022, 11:29 AM   #1
bashett
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2.2i

Speakers don't work after restart the car within 1 hour.

For 3 months I own a BMW Z4 e85 where the previous owner has placed an after market android tablet of the brand Topway. I'm having problems with the audio from the start.

When I start my car after a few hours or days, the speakers work. If I turn off my car and start it within 1 hour again, the sound suddenly doesn't work. So I don't have this problem if I start it after a few hours.

What could be the cause of this?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 08:28 PM   #2
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Amps have over heat cut out circuit if I remember what I read correctly. It's possible that it's heat soaking (or finally reaching its cut off level) after the ignition is switched off. Perhaps the tablet is keeping the amp on causing an over heat issue.

I would monitor the amps temperature…. Feel how warm it is after a fixed period of time… right when switched off and when you go to restart.

I had changed a radio/amp and the combination heated the amp up to a point it was too hot to touch… it wouldn't "speak" at that point when I switched it back on…