ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
spg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IR Z4mC

looking for a Eisenmann sport exhaust sound clip

for a z4m, Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

You don't lurk too far on the forum, do ya?

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248935
      04-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #3
spg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
You don't lurk too far on the forum, do ya?

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248935
Wow,I missed that!? It seems we have the same taste!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep

Ooooohhhh yea.
      04-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
spg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ooooohhhh yea.
How's the install? also how is it crusing on the freeway?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep

The installation was a lot easier than I thought (I hadn't done any DIYs under the car before this, BTW). It helps that the cans are direct bolt on and that the only adjustments needed are for height (left-right clearances come perfect). Even then, there was minimal adjustment necessary. I took my sweet assed time installing the mufflers, as well as swapping out my winter wheels in one sitting. Time spent specifically on the cans were ~45min each side. If you know what you're doing, I'd say 25min each side is doable as a single-man DIY.

Cruising speeds (~60-75mph) sound quieter than stock. This is important for me because I'm not looking for hardcore 100% of the time. I like the fact that I can listen to music / use the BT / etc. at a cabin noise level that's lower than stock when cruising on the highway. TBH, anything ~2300-3000rpm under soft throttle will yield a soft zone. Push it a little more, and you hear the deep notes throughout the range. And after the system's warmed up, the noise gets a little louder, but not obnoxious.

IMHO, the Eisenmann Sport Exhausts are what I'd call a "Gentleman's Exhaust." Loud when you need it to be, civilized when you don't. But the baseline tone always reminds you of what lurks underneath.
      04-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
spg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The installation was a lot easier than I thought (I hadn't done any DIYs under the car before this, BTW). It helps that the cans are direct bolt on and that the only adjustments needed are for height (left-right clearances come perfect). Even then, there was minimal adjustment necessary. I took my sweet assed time installing the mufflers, as well as swapping out my winter wheels in one sitting. Time spent specifically on the cans were ~45min each side. If you know what you're doing, I'd say 25min each side is doable as a single-man DIY.

Cruising speeds (~60-75mph) sound quieter than stock. This is important for me because I'm not looking for hardcore 100% of the time. I like the fact that I can listen to music / use the BT / etc. at a cabin noise level that's lower than stock when cruising on the highway. TBH, anything ~2300-3000rpm under soft throttle will yield a soft zone. Push it a little more, and you hear the deep notes throughout the range. And after the system's warmed up, the noise gets a little louder, but not obnoxious.

IMHO, the Eisenmann Sport Exhausts are what I'd call a "Gentleman's Exhaust." Loud when you need it to be, civilized when you don't. But the baseline tone always reminds you of what lurks underneath.
VERY Helpful info, thanks alot BTW. I think I'll get them. I'm not copying you really!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep

I'll take it as a sincere form of flattery.

Post some of your pics on my thread after you've done your install. And your own take on them would also be nice.