ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
lkplenty@yahoo.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0

Auxiliary audio mode not showing

I have 2003 Z4 E85 w/Nav Radio and I installed a female 3.5mm aux audio adapter.

When I plug a source in the adapter my radio doesn't see it.

Do I need to have the radio recoded / how should I proceed?

Help
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #2
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

I've installed Bluetooth adapter that plugs in the back of the radio through additional harness. The moment I've turned radio back on it immediately gave option to chose aux through pressing mode button. So I suppose that either cable is not correct, broken or not completely plugged in.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #3
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
I've installed Bluetooth adapter that plugs in the back of the radio through additional harness. The moment I've turned radio back on it immediately gave option to chose aux through pressing mode button. So I suppose that either cable is not correct, broken or not completely plugged in.
My thought exactly - I added one and luckily before I buttoned it all back up and had the same thing - the connection was not 100% even though the clip broke over as it should. Pulled it back and and reset it before breaking the clip over again and it worked as should.

I'd pull the radio out and check the connection before you did anything else - they are not hard to pull out.
      09-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #4
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Also check to see if you have it plugged into the correct socket and in the right orientation. When I installed my original eBay procured aux adapter 8 years ago it was "just a plug"… without any definitive plug in clip or distinguishing features. It was specifically noted to ensure it was plugged in the correct orientation. They had a diagram with it to ensure that you did. You could plug it in both ways… only one way worked (obviously).

If you have a newer aux adapter….the new Bluetooth/aux adapters that I've seen and installed for that purpose are designed to eliminate that and are usually equipped with a clip as noted in previous post. Make sure that the adapter is plugged/clipped in properly as suggested.