ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-15-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

How much has COVID impacted you on this forum?

Outside of the - many - crazy threads about scammers, has anything impacted you directly?

I've personally turned into a total asshole - finding related threads of my behavior is not hard - after being home with 2 kids and my wife for 65 days now. It's led me to relieve my stress on this forum - and many others in ways that prior to COVID I never would have done.

What has COVID done to you personally?

I can say that I hope Chin doesn't cancel the June COTA event, I need track time and perhaps teaching someone again will take some of the edge off...

You?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
Mazen189
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

I've honestly lost my shit a few times. I've honestly respected all the rules, but some people are fuckin stupid running around

Been on this forum more often. Recently did some mods. Grill and tune

A lot of house cleaning, gardening.

Wfh has helped keeping me occupied. Worried for my wife who is coming up on her last year in law school. Not sure it's going to affect her. She had an internship recently cancel / hold off. So she's taking summer courses

Also, our wedding has been postponed twice now. We're married by paper. But haven't done our big party.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen189 View Post
I've honestly lost my shit a few times. I've honestly respected all the rules, but some people are fuckin stupid running around

Been on this forum more often. Recently did some mods. Grill and tune

A lot of house cleaning, gardening.

Wfh has helped keeping me occupied. Worried for my wife who is coming up on her last year in law school. Not sure it's going to affect her. She had an internship recently cancel / hold off. So she's taking summer courses

Also, our wedding has been postponed twice now. We're married by paper. But haven't done our big party.
It's funny how much as different as we all may be, we all have the same needs/processes/norms.

Have become a total house cleaning nut - and trying to enforce that on my wife and a 10 and 12 year old is it's own reality!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
kmouze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02' RSX TYPE-S | 18' M3 ZCP

Covid has impacted my clubbing, raving, and unable to have wagyu bbq on the weekends lmao.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-15-2020, 10:40 PM   #5
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmouze View Post
Covid has impacted my clubbing, raving, and unable to have wagyu bbq on the weekends lmao.
Does that rave piece include the X like it used to?

Honestly after being in high school in the late 80's, and the X that went along with it, could use some more!
Appreciate 2
kmouze194.00
King Rudi13152.00
      05-15-2020, 10:44 PM   #6
oduli81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Garage List
2019 M4  [0.00]
I made a deal with my wife, I stop smoking and she lets me get an m4 CP. I got the car, hard to quit, trying really hard.
Appreciate 3
jesm203.00
King Rudi13152.00
      05-15-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I’ve plopped more money on my car in the past 30 days than I’d like to admit.

Luckily my work has been stable and since I’ve always been a remote employee, the only thing is that I haven’t been able to travel for work like I usually do.

Other than that, enjoying the down time honestly. There are a lot of opinionated asshats coming out of the wood works lately though. Nextdoor app is just becoming unbearable with neighbors bitching about each other.

Just wish this whole thing resolves soon. A lot of good people dying out there and being put at risk.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:49 PM   #8
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by oduli81 View Post
I made a deal with my wife, I stop smoking and she lets me get an m4 CP. I got the car, hard to quit, trying really hard.
What happens if you reneg on your end? Does she get to keep the M4 or will she burn it like a cancer stick?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #9
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTrkJunkie View Post
Outside of the - many - crazy threads about scammers, has anything impacted you directly?

I've personally turned into a total asshole - finding related threads of my behavior is not hard - after being home with 2 kids and my wife for 65 days now. It's led me to relieve my stress on this forum - and many others in ways that prior to COVID I never would have done.

What has COVID done to you personally?

I can say that I hope Chin doesn't cancel the June COTA event, I need track time and perhaps teaching someone again will take some of the edge off...

You?
Well I was the process of interviewing for my dream job. Had the final interview and all, but they pulled back last second. Postponed indefinitely. Would've been making at least 3x what I'm making now. That being said I know that I am super fortunate to have a job and have the ability to work from home. On a serious note, I wish this virus would f**k off already. In the grand scheme of things, a dream job is nothing when a substantial number of people have literally passed away, hundreds of thousands hospitalized, and millions more who have had their businesses wrecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oduli81 View Post
Hope you're not smoking in the M4----your particular spec is too nice to ruin w cigs
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #10
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I’ve plopped more money on my car in the past 30 days than I’d like to admit.

Luckily my work has been stable and since I’ve always been a remote employee, the only thing is that I haven’t been able to travel for work like I usually do.

Other than that, enjoying the down time honestly. There are a lot of opinionated asshats coming out of the wood works lately though. Nextdoor app is just becoming unbearable with neighbors bitching about each other.

Just wish this whole thing resolves soon. A lot of good people dying out there and being put at risk.
Dude, the nextdoor shit is insane!

I drop off Facebook to lose the crazies, yet here they come in some new terrible social platform!

Where to go now?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:59 PM   #11
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
Well I was the process of interviewing for my dream job. Had the final interview and all, but they pulled back last second. Postponed indefinitely. Would've been making at least 3x what I'm making now. That being said I know that I am super fortunate to have a job and have the ability to work from home. On a serious note, I wish this virus would f**k off already. In the grand scheme of things, a dream job is nothing when a substantial number of people have literally passed away, hundreds of thousands hospitalized, and millions more who have had their businesses wrecked.

Hope you're not smoking in the M4----your particular spec is too nice to ruin w cigs
Sorry to hear that, work for a start up here in Austin and we are doing all we can to avoid that kind of candidate experience. No one should ever interview then have to find out there is no job, regardless of the market

Leadership failure there 100%
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #12
kmouze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02' RSX TYPE-S | 18' M3 ZCP

Quote:
Does that rave piece include the X like it used to?

Honestly after being in high school in the late 80's, and the X that went along with it, could use some more!
My jaw is grinding just thinking about it, hope that gives you a clue .
Im the younger crowd and yes this stuff goes around like candy hahaha!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #13
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmouze View Post
My jaw is grinding just thinking about it, hope that gives you a clue .
Im the younger crowd and yes this stuff goes around like candy hahaha!
LOL, reminds me of a time back in high school.

Buddy and me on a tab each of X, he's got an Alfa GTV-6 3.0 and we're hauling down Mopac at its top speed - 130mph - and blow by a cop.

moment of decision, he backs off and pulls over.

I have the windows down smoking a red, my buddy gets out and walks back to the cop.

Off the bat I hear, "Boy, what kind of drugs are you on? Your eyes are like diamonds"

This is where it get messy, my buddy walks to the cops car - he was a wealthy SOB - and 2mins later walks back to the Alfa, gets in and we drive off.

I'm like WTF just happened, Marshall says "we came to an agreement"

never talked about it again.

There def are two classes when it come to the police
Appreciate 2
kmouze194.00
      05-15-2020, 11:45 PM   #14
Mar48
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp xDrive - Atlantis

The car obsession has definitely taken up more time the past 2 months than I care to admit.... lots more time on car forums than normal. Just bought my F80 though, so looking forward to a few drives. I’ve noticed a lot of people getting irritated a lot faster lol. I am enjoying extra time with the wife and daughter, but man is it hard to work full time and play daycare (splitting daycare duties with the wife who also is able to wfh)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:56 PM   #15
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar48 View Post
The car obsession has definitely taken up more time the past 2 months than I care to admit.... lots more time on car forums than normal. Just bought my F80 though, so looking forward to a few drives. I’ve noticed a lot of people getting irritated a lot faster lol. I am enjoying extra time with the wife and daughter, but man is it hard to work full time and play daycare (splitting daycare duties with the wife who also is able to wfh)
Agree, we - a tech platform - went WFH before almost anyone else in Austin, early March.

I've got a daily driver E90 that I've been working on - small projects, halos, sunroof, etc. that has me realize that maybe I don't even need a daily any longer!

like you, kids - 10/12 - which is just a PITA, our ISD while good, leaves most to us, and how do you teach your kids when you're working?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 01:09 AM   #16
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

I've reached levels of sarcasm that I never thought previously were attainable
Appreciate 2
eluded2959.00
rebekahb3128.50
      05-16-2020, 01:21 AM   #17
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M3 View Post
I've reached levels of sarcasm that I never thought previously were attainable
Think you forgot the /s

LOL, that feels about right, no?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 01:52 AM   #18
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Agree, we - a tech platform - went WFH before almost anyone else in Austin, early March.

I've got a daily driver E90 that I've been working on - small projects, halos, sunroof, etc. that has me realize that maybe I don't even need a daily any longer!

like you, kids - 10/12 - which is just a PITA, our ISD while good, leaves most to us, and how do you teach your kids when you're working?
Only did 3 days in the office in early March, so it’s been 2 months+.

I quit working so my job is helping the kids with school and conferencing with their teachers aside from other stuff around the house/garage.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 02:46 AM   #19
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Only did 3 days in the office in early March, so it’s been 2 months+.

I quit working so my job is helping the kids with school and conferencing with their teachers aside from other stuff around the house/garage.
What are you doing for income? Wish I could just up and quit, but mortgage, f80, bills say no to that
Appreciate 1
eluded2959.00
      05-16-2020, 03:40 AM   #20
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
What are you doing for income? Wish I could just up and quit, but mortgage, f80, bills say no to that
When people say save for a rainy day, save for a biblical flood. F80 is paid for, going to pay off the F97 after selling some equity today. Pilot is old and was paid for along time ago. Basically have a mortgage and monthly bills. Looking to pay down the mortgage significantly in the next year or two as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #21
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
On this forum? I'd say similar. I used to browse here mostly while multitasking at work or in between meetings. I do the same thing now, just at home. No significant other or kids at home so no additional stress there. Been using the extra time to get more work certifications, work outside around the house, and work in the garage. I'm always constantly busy though, I find things to do.

I run a small engine repair/maintenance business as a side hustle so I've been doing that on the weekends when I have time. I've also been helping my grandfather clear some of his property, so I'll often work during the day while checking the forum, then head out into the garage or to my grandfather's to run a backhoe for a few hours until dark. I've honestly been just a busy as before COVID, it's just now parts take forever to ship and I haven't really gone out anywhere besides the grocery store occasionally and the gas station.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15573.50
      05-16-2020, 08:45 AM   #22
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Clearly has affected Whackoffwednesday!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00