ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-08-2022, 06:05 AM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou07 View Post

Engine electromics DHE fault 1
So what was the fault?
I don't know the 510 code reader, but a good code reader like inpa gives a number (either a P number or a specialized eobd number) and a description of the fault.
That is key to how to solve the issue.

That 'a fault' is present has no real value.

I don't think the faults in the other modules can cause or register an engine shutdown.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 06:53 AM   #24
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
So I erased the code ran it came back
GM Relay for central locking.
double locking Fault 1
And
SIM. Undervoltage Fault 1.

Would this cause the cut off of the car. ? I know it would mess with the door locks ext, but would it mess with the security system there fore maybe cutting engine off after it get warmed up , don’t know but know I’ll probably send out the frm to get check and fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So what was the fault?
I don't know the 510 code reader, but a good code reader like inpa gives a number (either a P number or a specialized eobd number) and a description of the fault.
That is key to how to solve the issue.

That 'a fault' is present has no real value.

I don't think the faults in the other modules can cause or register an engine shutdown.
I attempted to point the OP to the function that gives an actual numbered code in post 20.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 09:25 AM   #25
Lou07
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW Z4 2.5

Yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #26
Lou07
Rep

93E7
Trouble Codes
Description
* SIM. Undervoltage
And
12A
FOXWELL
Trouble Codes
Description
xGM Relay for central locking.
double locking

So I’m going to try to do a hard reset with the battery, then I’ll read the codes, then I will start the car up see if it will do it again, which I’m sure it will. And scan it again. Form there I will pull out the spark plugs and check if there is any oil on them like someone mentioned in the previous post.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 06:48 PM   #27
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
93E7
Trouble Codes
Description
* SIM. Undervoltage
And
12A
FOXWELL
Trouble Codes
Description
xGM Relay for central locking.
double locking

So I’m going to try to do a hard reset with the battery, then I’ll read the codes, then I will start the car up see if it will do it again, which I’m sure it will. And scan it again. Form there I will pull out the spark plugs and check if there is any oil on them like someone mentioned in the previous post.
Found these two links searching :
https://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/threa...e-help.114148/

https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96416

Is your airbag light on because both of those posts state airbag light was on with code 93E7. One suggestion was potential bad ground. If your battery was bad and you swapped to new battery, have you been scanning while hooked up to trickle charger or battery maintainer? I don’t think the central locking would necessarily cause power cut while driving.

I once had mine go into anti theft mode which cuts fuel pump when cranking due to me taking longer to scan than expected and dropped battery lower than the car wanted and had to clear the anti theft. If it does that you wouldn’t be able to turn the car over until the anti theft gets cleared. But that also shows you how picky these cars are with their batteries.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 05:29 PM   #28
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Is your car a stick and is the engine only turning off or the entire electrical system of the car??
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 03:41 PM   #29
Lou07
Rep

Yes it’s a stick. And no electrical is not shutting off. Just the engine for a split second then stays running there after it will continue doing this for entire ride, or if it’s on idle it will take about 35 minutes on idle start cutting off and then every 10 or so minutes it will continue cutting off until 3rd or 4th time before it finely stalls on idle.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #30
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Please read the following and focus on Ignition switch failure.

https://www.ultimatebimmerservice.co...gine-stalling/

Let hope it's simply this and not the wiring for the ignition.

Your ignition switch is failing. after the first time it flickers off, it (the switch ) will get hotter and hotter and flicker off sooner and sooner, until the engine stalls.

This will not cause a code.

There are video's on youtube for doing the ignition switch and aftermarket switch's are not costly and on ebay.
Appreciate 0