ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #67
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
"Would not be surprised" is a lot different than "definitely does", right?

Further, it would matter, I assume, which banks.

We can, and do, assume many things about every politician. I think we agree that more knowledge in these cases is always better. Right?
Not really if nothing necessarily happens next per your previous post. “Know it” or “assume it” gets to the same place - nowhere.
      04-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #68
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Well, one thing we know for sure. If his tax return were released, anything that COULD be misinterpreted and used against him, WILL be misinterpreted and used against him, and would spawn no doubt countless more witchhunts, err, investigations which would take more endless money and time and result in nothing except more gnashing of teeth and whining from the desperate, deranged dimmies that it was a coverup after nothing was found...so, as Martha always said, not releasing the returns is a good thing. But if you disagree? Well, too bad...
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5127.50

04-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #69
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Not really if nothing necessarily happens next per your previous post. “Know it” or “assume it” gets to the same place - nowhere.
It allows us to make fully informed decisions. That's not nothing, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #70
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Ok- But here in the United States we first find the crime... In this case the bank fraud... THEN and only then do we allow the government to investigate people that may have committed the offense. The way you and your ilk seemingly want it to be is the opposite. The Resistance wants to investigate POTUS with the hope that you'll find a crime. That is antithetical to our justice system, and completely un-American. Shame on anyone pushing for this selfish, hateful course of action on anyone, never mind the President. 🙅🏻*♂️
So how would white collar criminals ever be caught? According to you, they would never be investigated in the first place. If there might be a crime, you investigate. Very simple.

Hmmmm. When Trump decided to run for prez, maybe he didn't think this all the way through. C'mon, is there a good reason for him to not release his returns? A real, legitimate reason?

04-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #71
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
So how would white collar criminals ever be caught? According to you, they would never be investigated in the first place. If there might be a crime, you investigate. Very simple.
Here in America, when there is suspicion of a crime, you investigate the crime. We simply do not investigate people in the hope of finding a crime. That is what is happening with Trump generally, but also specifically in regards to his tax returns. There is not even a reasonable accusation of a crime committed that would necessitate the mandatory release of President Trump's tax returns. This is a fishing expedition driven by "the politics of personal destruction."

Quote:
Hmmmm. When Trump decided to run for prez, maybe he didn't think this all the way through. C'mon, is there a good reason for him to not release his returns? A real, legitimate reason?
There is a legitimate reason he didn't release his tax returns...He isn't mandated to provide political chum to his opponents. This was all very much in the spotlight during his campaign for President, and yet he still won. The people have spoken... This isn't a deal breaker.

04-08-2019, 02:43 PM   #72
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

1) Trump has said on multiple occasions that he'd release his tax returns after audit. Surely he is no longer under audit for reporting years 2014, 2015, 2016, and very likely 2017.

2) There's no legal mechanism in place for Trump to reveal his returns, but he would be the first president in nearly 50 years not to do so. With that said, Trump likes to be first at everything, including golf.

3) If revealed, the Democrats and the media would speculate on every detail of this returns.

4) Trump doesn't want his returns out there because it would show that he's largely a fraud and liar. With that said, many in the GOP and Trump followers wouldn't care if the return said he had Moscow bank accounts. They've already sold their souls.

What I'm eagerly waiting for is a Snowden-like IRS agent that puts Trumps returns out there. Trump asked the Russians to illegally provide Hillary's emails and dirt. It would be epic to see someone within the federal government do the same to him. Trump's head would EXPLODE! LOL

04-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #73
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

A. There is a legitimate reason he didn't release his tax returns...He isn't mandated to provide political chum to his opponents. This was all very much in the spotlight during his campaign for President, and yet he still won. B. The people have spoken... This isn't a deal breaker.
A:
Trump vows to release his tax returns - POLITICO
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...returns-218160
Jan 24, 2016 - Donald Trump says his team is working on releasing his income tax returns. “We're working on that now. I have big returns, as you know, and I ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...s-607836227723

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...dit-completed/

B:
I can't believe you would go there. The people did speak. More voted for Hillary than your guy. Of all the GOP candidates to run in 2016, Trump is the ONLY one that could have lost the popular vote to HRC.

04-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #74
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:

How do you dream this stuff up?? How do you convulate these thoughts that make it to this forum? Criminals of all types are caught by investigation-period. In this case Trump (not even a criminal) was investigated 1000 ways til Monday and the investigation came up empty. But now the lunatics want to investigate him 1,000,000 otherways to Monday. And to top it off even you will see (but not admit) the source of the investigation itself was fradaulant. Can you not use logical reasoning and common sense???

If you or anyone in the U.S./ was investigates as thorougly as Trump..the U.S. would be one prison and everyone would be in it. Liberalism is indeed a mental disease. Rush hadit right decades ago.

One good thing I see is that folks on this board are educated and own BMW's and the overwhelming majority are not loony leftists. That bodes well for the next election.

And I love that Booker and the Dems are going to bring up reparations.....that's goona' work out well for them.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 02:55 PM   #75
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:

A. There is a legitimate reason he didn't release his tax returns...He isn't mandated to provide political chum to his opponents. This was all very much in the spotlight during his campaign for President, and yet he still won. B. The people have spoken... This isn't a deal breaker.
A:
Trump vows to release his tax returns - POLITICO
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...returns-218160
Jan 24, 2016 - Donald Trump says his team is working on releasing his income tax returns. "We're working on that now. I have big returns, as you know, and I ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...s-607836227723

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...dit-completed/

B:
I can't believe you would go there. The people did speak. More voted for Hillary than your guy. Of all the GOP candidates to run in 2016, Trump is the ONLY one that could have lost the popular vote to HRC.
A: Nobody really knows if his tax returns are still under audit, but it's a safe assumption he is continuously under audit. Promises made; promises kept as far as I am concerned.

B: Do we really have to address the "winning time of possession in the Super Bowl doesn't bring home the Lombardi Trophy" thing again? Trump WON the election with the tax return issue in clear detail. The people have spoken using the mechanism provided to us. This just isn't substantial enough of an issue for broad opposition from the voting population. It's deeply flawed to extrapolate the results from an electoral college election to indicate what the results would be under a different set of rules.

Last edited by glennQNYC; 04-08-2019 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 03:13 PM   #76
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Nothing necessarily happens next. However, possible leverage over the POTUS by a foreign entity is something us voters would all have a right to know, regardless of what letter is listed after their name.
how many times we gonna beat this horse?

him releasing his returns to the PUBLIC, isnt going to prove anything, but will lead way to some juicy half accurate half asssed headlines that the sheep will eat up.

Mueller almost certainly has all of Trumps Tax returns, and if there was any inkling of him being leveraged by a foreign entity due to donations to/from him, they would be in his report.

This is no different than the "Release his birth certificate" crowd, just on the other side of the aisle. End of the day, the government has all the info and they have decided its a non issue.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #77
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I knew better but peeked in anyway. And, it is happening already.
What is happening?

This:
Who's Mueller?
We have to see Trump's returns now or he's a criminal!!!

Chinese beholden?
Fraud?

Holy hell people, listen to yourselves.

You are probably all good people. STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELVES.

I'm out.

04-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #78
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
A: Nobody really knows if his tax returns are still under audit, but it's a safe assumption he is continuously under audit. Promises made; promises kept as far as I am concerned.

We know the presidents returns are always under audit. And we also know there is NOTHING preventing him from releasing them.

[B]B: Do we really have to address the "winning time of possession in the Super Bowl doesn't bring home the Lombardi Trophy" thing again? Trump WON the election with the tax return issue in clear detail. The people have spoken using the mechanism provided to us. This just isn't substantial enough of an issue for broad opposition from the voting population. It's deeply flawed to extrapolate the results from an electoral college election to indicate what the results would be under a different set of rules[].
Where is that tap dancing gif? It could be put to good use here..........

Also, is "Lying" a promise made and kept?
      04-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #79
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Lightbulb

Quote:
We know the President's returns are always under audit. And we also know there is NOTHING preventing him from releasing them.
Only common sense and conventional wisdom prevent someone from making their tax returns public while under audit. President Trump has said that all along... He isn't legally prevented from releasing the returns, he just isn't foolish enough to do so.
      04-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #80
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
I'm not sure this checks out. How did his father help him succeed in his television career? How did his father help him become President of the United States?
Oh come on now. You can't seriously believe that DJT could have reached the level of success he has without his fathers money and name.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #81
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure this checks out. How did his father help him succeed in his television career? How did his father help him become President of the United States?
Oh come on now. You can't seriously believe that DJT could have reached the level of success he has without his fathers money and name.
He really was the first Kardashian, if you know what I mean. Famous for being famous.
      04-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #82
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
He really was the first Kardashian, if you know what I mean. Famous for being famous.
...and if my grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike.

But like the Kardashian's they are famous because of their father.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #83
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Neither would any of the Kennedy clan, nor countless others. Doesn't mean they didn't accomplish anything.
.2pdk4000.50

04-08-2019, 09:50 PM   #84
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Adding one new thought... What about the "leverage" a candidate/official would be influencing ONTO foreign governments or organizations? We should demand transparency there too, right? So if a candidate/official were "colluding" with say, the EU to push anti-global warming initiatives... Or perhaps "colluding" with the PLO to help the Palestinians' BDS movement? What about disclosures between politicians "colluding" with members of the press?
Do we not already elect politicians (at the Federal level) in large part because of the leverage we expect them to influence on foreign governments? I know foreign policy is a large part of my decision making process.
My thought is related to our conversation about transparency and demanding access to documentation in advance of the discovery of a crime.

Would/should this right to know you speak of provide public access to anyone's tax returns that [insert government position here] decides they want publicized? When does this become a Constitutional violation?
      04-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #85
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
His father's name helped President Trump become President? 😄
      04-09-2019, 12:20 AM   #86
W211F30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30- 335i M

Perhaps the Dems should check President Trump's citizenship too while they are at it.

Make it worthwhile... more spending of tax dollars/time for whoever will be conducting the audit (if the ITR's are ever released).
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 05:25 AM   #87
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

If you put emotions & political affiliation to one side for a moment.

You will see the benefit in seeing how POTUS has run his finances over the years - since he is now responsible for one of the worlds biggest economies.

My Prediction - His returns will come out and any discrepancies will be blamed on his accountants or the audit firm that signed off.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #88
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Nope

I guess though what changed was the nature of the vicious attacks upon the President and his team. If I were in his position and saw the evolment of Democratic firing squads focusing on only destroying this administration by weponizing these committees I can certainly understand why he he changed his mind.

No one could ever dream that the Dems would find ways to "punish" people by the Weaponization of the Government. The last straw referring criminal prosecution to Democratic Friendly areas of the State of New York.

Some day "We The People" mindful of 2nd Amendment Rights may have to act as the "Last Resort" as enumerated in the Origional "Declaration of Independence"
Classic deflection, I think you and he could do better. I guess all promises are null and void once someone on the other side does something you don't like. Perfect for the politician but I am surprised citizens use it as a valid excuse.