ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Laguna Seca Blue

WTB: 07 or 08 Z4M Coupe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys....I'm in the market for a coupe and was hoping you may be able to point me in the right direction to find the right one for me. Here are the specifics:

Year: '07 or '08 (preferably '08)
Miles: <25,000
As fully loaded as possible (including NAV)
Aluminum Trim
Original owner would be nice

Color Options:
1) Alpine White w/ Black Leather
2) Silver Grey with Red or Black Interior (Red preferred)
3) Silver with Red Interior ONLY

That should be enough to go off of for now.

I've been looking on cars.com, autotrader.com, other forums, BMWUSA CPO section of the website, and then just a typical google search with no luck. Is there any place I'm missing??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Time and patience my friend, time and patience. You're got the bases covered with where to look (but I don't see Carmax--one guy here just found a beauty for 29K @Carmax; friend of mine found his with under 10K miles at Carmax), but you have to keep an eye out almost every day as when the low mileage well optioned ones come on the market they get snapped up quickly.

I would be flexible on the Nav. IMO it's not that great, and any modern GPS has it beat (I have Nav). There's something to the cleaner look of the dash that's nice. I was flexible on it and ended up with it. Trim can easily be swapped here on the forum if you get something that's second choice. Always someone else in that position, and it's fairly common to find someone to switch with.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Time and patience my friend, time and patience. You're got the bases covered with where to look (but I don't see Carmax--one guy here just found a beauty for 29K @Carmax; friend of mine found his with under 10K miles at Carmax), but you have to keep an eye out almost every day as when the low mileage well optioned ones come on the market they get snapped up quickly.

I would be flexible on the Nav. IMO it's not that great, and any modern GPS has it beat (I have Nav). There's something to the cleaner look of the dash that's nice. I was flexible on it and ended up with it. Trim can easily be swapped here on the forum if you get something that's second choice. Always someone else in that position, and it's fairly common to find someone to switch with.
Thanks for the great reply. I was trying to figure out if all the good one's are getting snatched up right away or if people are truly enjoying their M coupes and don't want to get rid of them. Color, year, and mileage I probably won't budge on, but you're absolutely right on the trim and Nav. There's certainly some give and take there. How often does aluminum trim come up for sale second hand, though???

I'll keep my eyes open...thanks again for the help!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^trim does not usually come up for sale in and of itself; a swap is always desired. u could post up a swap thread and interested parties will respond based on interest.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
boydgti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4m

I thought I wanted the alum trim also until I seen my car with the Carbon trim, much nicer IMO
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
I may be selling mine (financial constraints)...

'07, Silver Grey/Black/Carbon Leather, 21.5k miles, Premium Pkg and Nav.
I'm the 2nd owner; purchased the car with 4.5k miles on it.
      05-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
I may be selling mine (financial constraints)...

'07, Silver Grey/Black/Carbon Leather, 21.5k miles, Premium Pkg and Nav.
I'm the 2nd owner; purchased the car with 4.5k miles on it.

OP you should check this one out before you buy anything.

This is a very clean and well taken care of M coupe. nmulax is extremely meticulous and his M coupe is one of the best I have seen.
      05-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Excellent to know...THANKS! I'm wondering if it's worth it to hold out for an Alpine White!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
sleevez
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MR

Hey Duck, I'm looking for a M Coupe/Roadster as well.. im less picky so pass along the leftover offers

Gonna check out Nikki's next week, but I just wanna find a local or at least Cali car. don't really want to deal with all the paperworks.

J.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
Excellent to know...THANKS! I'm wondering if it's worth it to hold out for an Alpine White!
Chances of finding what you're looking for in white or even silver with the selected options are very slim.

If I filter the choices to 07 or 08 MY cars (if I add in Dec 06 builds):

18 Alpine White/Black combo
44 Alpine White/Red
6 Silver Grey Metallic with Red interior
14 Space Grey with Red

And that's w/o filtering on interior Carbon/Wood/Aluminum, Premium, or Nav--and assuming I filtered it correctly (long day). Here, link over to this and download and have a look for yourself (in case my Pivot Table skills have gone off at the end of the day.)

nmulax, as crfine said, has taken great care of that car. I'd take a closer look, and do it quickly before it's gone!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevez View Post
Hey Duck, I'm looking for a M Coupe/Roadster as well.. im less picky so pass along the leftover offers

Gonna check out Nikki's next week, but I just wanna find a local or at least Cali car. don't really want to deal with all the paperworks.

J.
Nikki has a very nice, very rare color combo, and well cared for car! (Paperwork isn't that bad though--a good number of folks have bought out of state and shipped, and many have bought and drove home!)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Quote:
That silver one wouldn't happen to be an 06' Silver/Black carbon Leather trim that was listed in VA?

I was calling in for that car one night and got beaten out by mere seconds.

Where in vegas is the OP from btw?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevez View Post

No problem at all! But based on the info provided above it sounds like there could be some slim pickings based on my criteria.

Quote:
Chances of finding what you're looking for in white or even silver with the selected options are very slim.

If I filter the choices to 07 or 08 MY cars (if I add in Dec 06 builds):

18 Alpine White/Black combo
44 Alpine White/Red
6 Silver Grey Metallic with Red interior
14 Space Grey with Red

And that's w/o filtering on interior Carbon/Wood/Aluminum, Premium, or Nav--and assuming I filtered it correctly (long day). Here, link over to this and download and have a look for yourself (in case my Pivot Table skills have gone off at the end of the day.)

nmulax, as crfine said, has taken great care of that car. I'd take a closer look, and do it quickly before it's gone!
WOW, I can't believe there were only 18 AW/B combos! That blows my mind!!!! Thank you for the awesome link. Time to do some research! Hmmmm, this car could be harder to find than I thought. Yikes!! I sent nmulax a message so we'll see what the response is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
That silver one wouldn't happen to be an 06' Silver/Black carbon Leather trim that was listed in VA?

I was calling in for that car one night and got beaten out by mere seconds.

Where in vegas is the OP from btw?
Actually, I just moved from Las Vegas to Cincinnati, so I need to update my information. I lived out there for 12 years and moved back to the Midwest to be closer to family (plus Vegas isn't the best place to raise a family!). I lived in the southwest part of town...Mountain's Edge.

Quote:
Nikki has a very nice, very rare color combo, and well cared for car! (Paperwork isn't that bad though--a good number of folks have bought out of state and shipped, and many have bought and drove home!)
Is that the Sepang/Sepang one??
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #14
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No problem at all! But based on the info provided above it sounds like there could be some slim pickings based on my criteria.

WOW, I can't believe there were only 18 AW/B combos! That blows my mind!!!! Thank you for the awesome link. Time to do some research! Hmmmm, this car could be harder to find than I thought. Yikes!! I sent nmulax a message so we'll see what the response is.

Actually, I just moved from Las Vegas to Cincinnati, so I need to update my information. I lived out there for 12 years and moved back to the Midwest to be closer to family (plus Vegas isn't the best place to raise a family!). I lived in the southwest part of town...Mountain's Edge.

Is that the Sepang/Sepang one??
Yes, Nikki has the Sepang/Sepang one, lots of goodies with it as well.

It's a low production car and some combos are just really hard to come by. Good move PM'ing nmulax. I hope you find what you're looking for--or something pretty darn close!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #15
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
WOW, I can't believe there were only 18 AW/B combos! That blows my mind!!!!
Don't lose heart, the combo I wanted was 1 out of 11 made. Still managed to find it and with 10k miles
      05-27-2011, 02:57 AM   #16
sleevez
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MR

apologize in advance for the highjacking: i'm looking at an alternative with I don't end up finding a M coupe/roadster. what do you guys think of the Elise? it's a pretty raw performance toy car. but i'm sure it's lots of fun driving it. should I really hold off and wait for the right M instead.

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #17
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

It's not nice to thread jack, next time just start your own Or even better search the forums, this topic has been discussed already.
      05-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue

Did any of you guys see this one:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

It has 31k miles, which is still low milage for that year, and it's fully loaded with al trim. I looked at a non z4c at this dealership before buying my current car from someone else. FYI, these guys are old school and will put on the full court press. It's been on sale for a while at a very good price. I have a feeling there is room to move as well if you stick to your guns. All in all, it looks like a solid car. I'd stop by and check it out, but I don't think the dealer would like seeing me much.

|OEM Strut bar|ZHP Knob lighted|RPI Scoop|Zeckhausen Modified CDV|DIY Clutch Stop|Camber shim kit|
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
BSM on black with aluminum trim 2k7 14k miles

I might be selling soon.

Black Sapphire Metallic
aluminum trim
heated seats
no power seats (very rare)
no premium pkg (very rare)
no nav
just hit 14k miles
The car is absolutely pampered. Let me know if interested.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsbmw View Post
I might be selling soon.

Black Sapphire Metallic
aluminum trim
heated seats
no power seats (very rare)
no premium pkg (very rare)
no nav
just hit 14k miles
The car is absolutely pampered. Let me know if interested.
Why not start your own thread? This feeler is buried here and not visible, not to mention it's not one of the colors/combos the OP is looking for so it's a bit threadjacky.

I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in your car--in fact, similar cars have sold in matter of days here! But please start your own thread. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #21
plasmasmp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
1991 Isuzu Rodeo S  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
Did any of you guys see this one:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

It has 31k miles, which is still low milage for that year, and it's fully loaded with al trim. I looked at a non z4c at this dealership before buying my current car from someone else. FYI, these guys are old school and will put on the full court press. It's been on sale for a while at a very good price. I have a feeling there is room to move as well if you stick to your guns. All in all, it looks like a solid car. I'd stop by and check it out, but I don't think the dealer would like seeing me much.
It looks exactly like my old one with all the same options except for aluminum trim vs carbon leather. I was thinking best way to approach it would be to go in with a check for 26k and walkout after refusal and giving them my phone number. lol.
      05-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #22
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Why not start your own thread? This feeler is buried here and not visible, not to mention it's not one of the colors/combos the OP is looking for so it's a bit threadjacky.

I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in your car--in fact, similar cars have sold in matter of days here! But please start your own thread. Thanks.
I understand the OP is adamant about color combo, but I really do not understand how me commenting that I might be selling my car soon in a thread looking for a 07/08 Mcoupe can be classified as a thread jack...
Appreciate 0