ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #221
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

As I understand, points are earned on a specific card and remain in their unique UR "pools"; UR lists each card with their own respectively earned points. Thus, if you downgrade you csp, without moving points, you'll lose those points associated with that card. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #222
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
That doesn't matter as long as you have a Chase card open.
not all chase cards run UR...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:04 PM   #223
Eddybro
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne e90 and SG e92

Applied Friday, called into have it expedited immediately after being approved. Customer rep told me they were going to overnight it since I'm leaving to Vegas Friday. On the phone with them now, and they are claiming they didn't expedite it..

Not a great start for a card that charges $450 a year in fees.. Let's see what happens from here..
      08-31-2016, 02:23 PM   #224
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Any points left over when you close our cards will be transferred to the next card.

We were told that all applications are expedited free of charge automatically. I guess that only applied to branch taken apps.

also there is a shortage of cards. They did not expect so many people to apply/change over, so some of you guys may receive a temp plastic card until metal are back in stock.
      08-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #225
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep

^ gotcha. thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #226
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro View Post
Applied Friday, called into have it expedited immediately after being approved. Customer rep told me they were going to overnight it since I'm leaving to Vegas Friday. On the phone with them now, and they are claiming they didn't expedite it..

Not a great start for a card that charges $450 a year in fees.. Let's see what happens from here..
Oh please... you're getting $1,000 ($1,500 if used for travel) plus a $300 travel credit. They're essentially paying you $1,350 to take the card. It's been out for nine days and you were pretty late to the party if you applied on Friday. They're printing them as quickly as possible and, in most cases, even forgoing the fancy marketing boxes in order to distribute the cards even quicker. I was approved last Tuesday and got the card on Monday, and I'm pretty sure they overnighted me the card. That should give you some color on how strong demand has been.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #227
Eddybro
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne e90 and SG e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro View Post

Oh please... you're getting $1,000 plus a $300 travel credit. They're essentially paying you to take the card. It's been out for nine days and you were pretty late to the party if you applied on Friday. They're printing them as quickly as possible and, in most cases, even forgoing the fancy marketing boxes in order to distribute the cards even quicker. I was approved last Tuesday and got the card on Monday, and I'm pretty sure they overnighted me the card. That should give you some color on how strong demand has been.
Call the chase card number.. They said they deliver "excellence"...

I want my excellence godammit lol.

They did overnight me the card.. Just the initial rep I spoke to, didn't know how to check a tracking number..
      08-31-2016, 02:58 PM   #228
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Got my card via UPS today after being approved Thursday. I'm a private client but I just got an envelope, no biggie. It's surprisingly light for a card that has metal in it, but I guess it's the same as the other Sapphire cards that I haven't seen in person before.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 04:58 PM   #229
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Just got mine and same story - envelope and no fancy box. Oh well. Haha
send it back, request that it be delivered on a silver platter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I think I will go this route and downgrade my CSP to Freedom Unlimited. I already have a Freedom card as well but seems like the Unlimited is a good option to downgrade to from CSP.
I wouldn't get unlimited, it's duplicative and provides limited value. I would simply just consolidate the credit lines from CSP divided amongst Freedom and CSR. Remember, every Chase credit account slot is valuable. Don't hold cards that you don't plan on using or is duplicative, due to the 5/24 rule:

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/07/unfo...hase-524-rule/
      08-31-2016, 05:17 PM   #230
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro

I just called to get mine expedited as I leave for Europe soon and they said they can't rush the reserve because it's a new card. They said 1-2 weeks, but it seems as though most people are getting overnight anyways.

Oh well. Hopefully it comes before I leave.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 08:37 PM   #231
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
send it back, request that it be delivered on a silver platter.

I wouldn't get unlimited, it's duplicative and provides limited value. I would simply just consolidate the credit lines from CSP divided amongst Freedom and CSR. Remember, every Chase credit account slot is valuable. Don't hold cards that you don't plan on using or is duplicative, due to the 5/24 rule:

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/07/unfo...hase-524-rule/
That is a good point. I will have to rethink this. Don't wanna cancel the CSP but I suppose since it's a fairly new account I shouldn't get dinged for closing it and spread the CL to other cards.

It's funny regarding the box. I read that Chase will send out a welcome package in the fancy box once they are back in stock. It is a nice gesture for sure but from the looks of it, I don't have any use for the box...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 08:39 PM   #232
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM View Post
I just called to get mine expedited as I leave for Europe soon and they said they can't rush the reserve because it's a new card. They said 1-2 weeks, but it seems as though most people are getting overnight anyways.

Oh well. Hopefully it comes before I leave.
as of late they started sending via USPS regular mail. Shouldn't take too long either way. It takes them a few days to make the card and mail them out. Then another 3-5 days after that. So I would say a 5-7 business days at most.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #233
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

i applied online and was approved right away; card will arrive 7-14 days.

the reserve came in perfect time as i have to pay $450 amex plat renewal next month.

after speaking with amex, downgrading to either green or gold i keep all my points, history, status, etc. the only thing that changes is the benefits and i can upgrade again at anytime to plat.

i don't know what to downgrade my amex plat to as i don't see myself using the card that much or none at all. do i get the cheapest annual fee green at $95 or get the gold at $160? i just need my amex account open due to credit history reasons as this is the only card i have been using for almost a decade.

lets say in the future amex plat changes their program to combat the reserve and other cards. i do not want to close my chase account due to impact on credit score again. what cards can i downgrade the reserve and keep my points in the process?
      09-01-2016, 07:57 AM   #234
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i applied online and was approved right away; card will arrive 7-14 days.

the reserve came in perfect time as i have to pay $450 amex plat renewal next month.

after speaking with amex, downgrading to either green or gold i keep all my points, history, status, etc. the only thing that changes is the benefits and i can upgrade again at anytime to plat.

i don't know what to downgrade my amex plat to as i don't see myself using the card that much or none at all. do i get the cheapest annual fee green at $95 or get the gold at $160? i just need my amex account open due to credit history reasons as this is the only card i have been using for almost a decade.

lets say in the future amex plat changes their program to combat the reserve and other cards. i do not want to close my chase account due to impact on credit score again. what cards can i downgrade the reserve and keep my points in the process?
I narrowly escaped the annual $450 as well (Sept was my renewal).

See if they'll let you turn it into an Everyday Preferred card. I doubt it since it's a credit card vs a charge card but the points would remain, otherwise just pay the tax or use the points. Is it your longest credit history? If you have established and good credit history, closing accounts should have a minimal impact, so long as it's not the account with the longest history.

As for potentially downgrading the Reserve - that's easy - Chase Freedom.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #235
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I narrowly escaped the annual $450 as well (Sept was my renewal).

See if they'll let you turn it into an Everyday Preferred card. I doubt it since it's a credit card vs a charge card but the points would remain, otherwise just pay the tax or use the points. Is it your longest credit history? If you have established and good credit history, closing accounts should have a minimal impact, so long as it's not the account with the longest history.

As for potentially downgrading the Reserve - that's easy - Chase Freedom.
i have to downgrade and stay within gold and green to keep my points and overall status minus the benefits from plat. longest credit history? this is my only credit history ; for 10 years i only had my plat and bank debit card so i do not want to close this account for the sake of credit history.

i don't see much benefit of downgrading to gold considering i will use the reserve on a daily basis. i will most likely downgrade to green when the reserve card arrives.
      09-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #236
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
i have to downgrade and stay within gold and green to keep my points and overall status minus the benefits from plat. longest credit history? this is my only credit history ; for 10 years i only had my plat and bank debit card so i do not want to close this account for the sake of credit history.

i don't see much benefit of downgrading to gold considering i will use the reserve on a daily basis. i will most likely downgrade to green when the reserve card arrives.
If you don't plan to you use the Amex at all, then you should go to green, otherwise the Premier Rewards Gold is better in every way. You also get a $100 airline fee credit so if you do travel, you can effectively reduce the cost to match the green card. If you're going to use the gold, you get point multipliers whereas the green is only $1:1pt (like platinum). My vote is for Premier Rewards Gold, provided you'll travel or continue to use the card for purchases.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 09-01-2016 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 11:49 PM   #237
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

i applied and got approved for the reserve on 8/31 and 9/2 my card got delivered via ups express within a plain envelope. notably, i did get a plastic card which when i called to activate, they will be mailing metal ones as they become available.

as for my amex plat, after reviewing the different benefits between gold premier, gold, and green i will be downgrading to gold premier only because it has a $100 airline credit which i will use lowering the annual fee down to only $95/year ($195 original).

random question but what credit limits are you initially getting?

have a nice weekend guys!
      09-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #238
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i applied and got approved for the reserve on 8/31 and 9/2 my card got delivered via ups express within a plain envelope. notably, i did get a plastic card which when i called to activate, they will be mailing metal ones as they become available.

as for my amex plat, after reviewing the different benefits between gold premier, gold, and green i will be downgrading to gold premier only because it has a $100 airline credit which i will use lowering the annual fee down to only $95/year ($195 original).

Wait, you got a plastic CSR? I didn't know they even had those. Does it look the same? I got the metal (really lightweight metal though) and I didn't have to call to activate it. I applied online and it didn't ask me what credit limit I wanted, I ended up getting a $50k limit.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 08:40 AM   #239
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
Wait, you got a plastic CSR? I didn't know they even had those. Does it look the same? I got the metal (really lightweight metal though) and I didn't have to call to activate it. I applied online and it didn't ask me what credit limit I wanted, I ended up getting a $50k limit.
The demand exceeded the supply. He'll get a metal one when they become available.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #240
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:

I got $35k but I have 3 other Chase cards with around $25k each. They will consolidate credit lines to 1 card if you want (I'd still keep the other cards open with like a $10k limit though). I bumped up my CSR to $60k over the weekend. Figured if I ever get to buy a car on it, I will.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 11:30 AM   #241
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep

I just called and got my Palladium converted to a JP Morgan Reserve. Same benefits as the CSR, same fee, but with hidden tradeline and United Club membership included and maybe some other differences.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #242
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

KingOfJericho when i called to downgrade to gold premier, amex offered me 40k points + $400 credit which is great when my i pay my renewal next month of only $50 .

i was not expecting this nice gesture from amex to try out the reserve and stay within amex family. amex definitely have my .