ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
Aebous Ossy
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0

Garage List
2003 Z4  [0.00]
Long term storage

Hey all,

So in short I've been overseas without my 2003 3.0 Z4 for three years. All this time it's been in government storage (International Auto Logistics - I do not recommend them ever). Supposedly every month they have been starting the vehicle and checking fluids and topping off as needed. I know that they have been needing to jump the vehicle for the past half year.

So question is, when I pick up the vehicle in Los Angeles should I find a shop and get all fluids changed prior to a 6 hour drive to San Francisco? If so where would a reputable mechanic be in Los Angeles.

-Yes Aebous from various other forums such as Z4um or z4-forum. (even this forum).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Not sure if it's too far out of the way but European Auto Source (https://europeanautosource.com/) in Anaheim would be a great option. They had a supercharged M Coupe shop car for a while, their techs know the E85/E86 Z4 like the backs of their hands.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
Aebous Ossy
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0

Garage List
2003 Z4  [0.00]
Thanks. I know my first stop will be an AutoZone to check the alternator. All the company would tell me about the battery being dead was that the battery was dead. Even when I specifically asked if the checked the alternator they never responded to that question. So fishy fishy
Appreciate 0