ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #1
cole1186
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

ClearFX and RestorFX... Anybody tried this yet?

Just got my g80 3 days ago and wanted ceramic done.. I think this company is relatively new. One of my shops down here had me drop my car off to them and they are currently doing a paint correction process with polish (restorFX) and ceramic coating (clearFX) for me with those two products from the authorized RestorFX shop. The shop looked pretty professional and all but I have no knowledge of the process they use or product...

I'm picking the car back up tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them and the two products?

Good? Bad? Did I just make a mistake taking it there?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 12:40 PM   #2
Upurock
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole1186 View Post
Just got my g80 3 days ago and wanted ceramic done.. I think this company is relatively new. One of my shops down here had me drop my car off to them and they are currently doing a paint correction process with polish (restorFX) and ceramic coating (clearFX) for me with those two products from the authorized RestorFX shop. The shop looked pretty professional and all but I have no knowledge of the process they use or product...

I'm picking the car back up tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them and the two products?

Good? Bad? Did I just make a mistake taking it there?
How did you like it? The look and durability so far.
A guy from certified shop said I don’t need RestoreFX, it’s not needed for newer cars, but paint correction and clearfx will be $1500 for my F85.
Thank you!
Max
Thinking of F85 🙏
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 01:02 PM   #3
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Stick to reputable brands. A shop using a no name brand typically is pushing the product. If they say we don't use brand "X" for these reasons then sure, but most of the time they should either be using the right products or be okay using whatever the customer wants. Not like any of the coatings are hard to get.
Appreciate 0