ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-19-2022, 04:10 PM   #441
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
If you like it, it's ok to admit it.
I LIKE it..
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #442
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
I have a Hellcat and am adding a C8Z. What am I then?

I just want GM to finally release all the damn pricing.

I am planning to hit the Philly Auto Show next month to see one in person. I hope they have an orange one there as that's what I am ordering
Order books open up march 24 i think?

So pricing will definitely be announced soon.

I know, with the number i am at my dealer, is i'll probably get a call around june/july for when it's my time to order

It's soo exciting to finally own a legit corvette supercar. And yes the C8Z is a supercar now.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-19-2022, 05:58 PM   #443
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think the Z sounds better. With that said, if I could afford it, I'd take a 458 over it. I can only afford the C8Z so I will somehow survive LOL
The LT6 absolutely sounds better. And that video showcases the interior, exterior, and acceleration although some of the clips are a bit flawed, it still is a good representation of how amazing the LT6 sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The base MB chassis for the CryCo 300 was already 5 years old by then. LOL.
hahahaha. Made for one thing. Going straight on the highway, FO FO's i'm tippin!!!! LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I bought the 2019 Z06 M7 because I had to have a stick, not looking back its a great car. I dont understand why GM wont build enough of the new Z06 to satisfy the masses, I would consider if i could get on for MSRP.
GM can't build enough of ANY C8 now. The demand is so damn high. Part shortages, the strike, etc. So many hold ups. All that's happening is making the C8 generation the most desired generation of ANY car maker of all time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
I LIKE it..
Everyone does

I've owned 3 corvettes, of 3 different generations and i never been this excited to get my hands on the C8Z. Even when i was on my way to pick up my C7Z, the day of, still doesn't match the excitement i have for the C8Z that's coming this year. And i didn't even speak to the dealer yet regarding spec lol
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Donatello.1083.50
      02-19-2022, 06:18 PM   #444
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:

GM can't build enough of ANY C8 now. The demand is so damn high. Part shortages, the strike, etc. So many hold ups. All that's happening is making the C8 generation the most desired generation of ANY car maker of all time lol.

And it's official.....

You're high.

There are a stupid amount of new and used C8s on the market.

Talking with a Chevrolet GM who is customer.... they had 19 a week or so ago with discounts.... now what does that tell you? 😆
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:20 PM   #445
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
And it's official.....

You're high.

There are a stupid amount of new and used C8s on the market.

Talking with a Chevrolet GM who is customer.... they had 19 a week or so ago with discounts.... now what does that tell you? 😆
I had to quote myself....

I'm still rotfl!

"Most desired of all cars of all time"

Wow.... just wow!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #446
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I had to quote myself....

I'm still rotfl!

"Most desired of all cars of all time"

Wow.... just wow!
I'll put this here to absorb...
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 02-20-2022 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
DrFerry6728.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      02-20-2022, 11:10 AM   #447
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'll put this here to absorb...
Lmfao....

So coincidence that the exact same numbers just so have happened numerous months over?

I suppose recalls, production delays, and shotty build quality are easily ignored by folks looking to join a fad.

Please cite the source aswell. Excited about the actual context.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #448
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Lmfao....

So coincidence that the exact same numbers just so have happened numerous months over?

I suppose recalls, production delays, and shotty build quality are easily ignored by folks looking to join a fad.

Please cite the source as well. Excited about the actual context.
The source is goodcarbadcar.com, which is a good source of free automotive industry production data; more detailed data and month-old data one has to pay for. Being such an enthusiast, I'm surprised you are not familiar with the site. The data cited are for sports cars. The context is all 2-seat sport coupes on the market at the time.

If you were interested and researched, you'd find that since 1960 the corvette has sold over 10,000 units per year except for two, 1997 (late model year introduction for the C5) and 2019 (change over to the C8 obviously). Most years, annual sales for the Corvette run between 25,000 to 35,000, with a few years hitting 40,000. Peake year for sales was 1979 at 53,000 units; keep in mind the US was in a recession and car loan interest rates were just over 14%.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 02-20-2022 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
RM72892.50
      02-20-2022, 01:36 PM   #449
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Chrysler boy trying to take down Chevrolet is fun to watch. Keep egging him on, he doesn't seem to know he's the entertainment.
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
RM72892.50
Efthreeoh17316.50
      02-20-2022, 04:53 PM   #450
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The source is goodcarbadcar.com, which is a good source of free automotive industry production data; more detailed data and month-old data one has to pay for. Being such an enthusiast, I'm surprised you are not familiar with the site. The data cited are for sports cars. The context is all 2-seat sport coupes on the market at the time.

If you were interested and researched, you'd find that since 1960 the corvette has sold over 10,000 units per year except for two, 1997 (late model year introduction for the C5) and 2019 (change over to the C8 obviously). Most years, annual sales for the Corvette run between 25,000 to 35,000, with a few years hitting 40,000. Peake year for sales was 1979 at 53,000 units; keep in mind the US was in a recession and car loan interest rates were just over 14%.
Great!

Supply the link.

Thanks in advance.

The C8 while being a fantastic value, the C8 is marketing at its finest.

Why is this even being argued?

I've already supplied the source showing its one of the worst cars produced to date and ranks a whopping 13 out of 100 and has multiple reported major malfunctions.

Tesla model 3 quality > C8 quality......... that's saying something.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 04:59 PM   #451
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Great!

Supply the link.

Thanks in advance.

The C8 while being a fantastic value, the C8 is marketing at its finest.

Why is this even being argued?

I've already supplied the source showing its one of the worst cars produced to date and ranks a whopping 13 out of 100 and has multiple reported major malfunctions.

Tesla model 3 quality > C8 quality......... that's saying something.
& if you were not biased, you would see the articles praising the C8 and showing how popular it is etc.

You prefer the Tesla, cool.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:00 PM   #452
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Chrysler boy trying to take down Chevrolet is fun to watch. Keep egging him on, he doesn't seem to know he's the entertainment.
Deductive reasoning and critical thinking is rare on forums these days.

Enjoy it.

Til that point ask yourself this......

Why are Vipers selling for $200k and over now? .......

Highly desired and low production #s yet the ACR still can hang with and on some tracks best the gt2RS.

The C8 and Viper had similar original price points, so why is a dinosaur in it's base form still just as if not more capable?

I don't track mine, I just stare at it.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:02 PM   #453
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
& if you were not biased, you would see the articles praising the C8 and showing how popular it is etc.

You prefer the Tesla, cool.
So public preference now outweighs quality?

Thought that was just a Ford thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:02 PM   #454
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Order books open up march 24 i think?

So pricing will definitely be announced soon.

I know, with the number i am at my dealer, is i'll probably get a call around june/july for when it's my time to order

It's soo exciting to finally own a legit corvette supercar. And yes the C8Z is a supercar now.
March 31st. GM will likely announce all the pricing next month too.

The way Dave @ Ciocca is talking, I'll be ordering mine in the fall, or maybe sooner, instead of this time next year or so. Hope he is right!

Corvette is still not a super car. Killer of some & a unreal deal @ the price? Absolutely. I've had 3 Vettes and I am most excited about this one and I have not even sat in any C8 LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #455
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Deductive reasoning and critical thinking is rare on forums these days.

Enjoy it.

Til that point ask yourself this......

Why are Vipers selling for $200k and over now? .......

Highly desired and low production #s yet the ACR still can hang with and on some tracks best the gt2RS.

The C8 and Viper had similar original price points, so why is a dinosaur in it's base form still just as if not more capable?

I don't track mine, I just stare at it.

Because they never sold in numbers. My old M Coupe is similar. They make Corvettes for everyone. Dodge never needed to make anywhere near that number of Vipers. It's a cool car, but it's a footnote in sports car history, not a legacy like the Corvette.
Appreciate 4
Donatello.1083.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
stein_325i25083.00
DrFerry6728.50
      02-20-2022, 05:10 PM   #456
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
March 31st. GM will likely announce all the pricing next month too.

The way Dave @ Ciocca is talking, I'll be ordering mine in the fall, or maybe sooner, instead of this time next year or so. Hope he is right!

Corvette is still not a super car. Killer of some & a unreal deal @ the price? Absolutely. I've had 3 Vettes and I am most excited about this one and I have not even sat in any C8 LOL
C7 and prior corvettes always had supercar performance but just shy of being an actual supercar.

The C8Z is a supercar in the sense that now, it has the exotic noise, the proper layout, the proper performance, and of course the bespoke engine. Had they stuffed the same LT4 or even an LT5 into the C8Z, it wouldn't have made the car this special.

The LT6 changed everything.

I sat in the C8, it's tighter than my C7Z. But i'll manage since the incoming z06 is so much more car than the outgoing.

The ciocca (kerbeck) team is a joke. They want like 5k deposit, then i heard they want another 4k when it's time to order. And they're not even offering MSRP? LOL I'm going with macmulkin for this z06.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-20-2022, 05:13 PM   #457
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Because they never sold in numbers. My old M Coupe is similar. They make Corvettes for everyone. Dodge never needed to make anywhere near that number of Vipers. It's a cool car, but it's a footnote in sports car history, not a legacy like the Corvette.
The viper appealed to 12 year old kids that liked the way it looked. It looks like ronald mcdonalds clown shoe.

Compare that with terrible engineering, and a habit of wanting to spin out anytime you give more than 50% throttle, it was a failure in the making. That's why they were discontinued early. Zero sales, and not a care in the world that it's gone lol.

Meanwhile GM just put the most powerful NA V8 in automotive history, absolutely crashed the internet with the debut and EVERYONE doing the fantasy z06 build and posting it on their social media.

And that is only the SECOND variant lol. There's 2 or possibly 3 more before GM wraps it up for the C8.

GM > dodge/ford
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00
DrFerry6728.50
      02-20-2022, 05:21 PM   #458
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The viper appealed to 12 year old kids that liked the way it looked. It looks like ronald mcdonalds clown shoe.

Compare that with terrible engineering, and a habit of wanting to spin out anytime you give more than 50% throttle, it was a failure in the making. That's why they were discontinued early. Zero sales, and not a care in the world that it's gone lol.

Meanwhile GM just put the most powerful NA V8 in automotive history, absolutely crashed the internet with the debut and EVERYONE doing the fantasy z06 build and posting it on their social media.

And that is only the SECOND variant lol. There's 2 or possibly 3 more before GM wraps it up for the C8.

GM > dodge/ford
Discontinued early?

They were made for nearly 30yrs.

It's official.

You're ignorant as hell.

They literally were beating all the heavy hitters in Lemans in the 90s and early 2000s and FCA wouldn't enhance them with more tech since they were outshining Ferrari on the track.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:25 PM   #459
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

I mean, it does live on as the AMG GT. At least it finally got a good motor.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:30 PM   #460
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Touche lol.

It's a very raw driving experience and frankly more car than most people can handle.

The future fate of the viper will be similar to the Ford GT.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:44 PM   #461
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah because that V10 was asssssssssss lol
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:46 PM   #462
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
I'm just sitting here waiting for my ZR1 allocation. Wonder if they'll put this flat plane in there with some spoolers or if its just the flat plane with some hybrid shit up front? Has anyone figured that one out.

Bimmersandmopars - How do you like driving that? I'm looking for one to send to the Calvo boys. Have you ever been in one of those monstrosities? I only had seat time in a Gen IV and it was wonderful. I liked it a lot more than my C7Z and C6Z.