ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #507
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Resonators

This are the resonators for who buy the full system.
Race version and street version.

they still need to be ceramic coated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #508
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

^
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #509
MPOWER78
Private First Class
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 08 /// M

must have now !
      06-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #510
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

I had the opportunity to meet Giovanni (Diokaef) this weekend and see many of the exhaust system components first hand.

As a rule, I am incredibly critical when analyzing a potential addition to the M coupe. If it's all show and no go, then I want nothing to do with it. That being said, the DKF system in not to be ignored.

Quality:
I am blown away by the quality of the components. The workmanship is truly flawless. The welds are the most uniform I have ever seen. It's sort of a shame that these parts will be hidden under the car because they truly are automotive artwork in my opinion.

Design:
An incredible amount of engineering has gone into this system. I spent several hours discussing the design and purpose of the DKF system with Giovanni. The attention to every minute detail of the design is impressive. It seems that the DKF system has been purpose built with zero compromise and no expense spared.

Versatility:
One of the things I like the most about the DKF system is its versatility. Giovanni has designed this system to accommodate everyone. To name a few of the options: multiple cat choices, straight pipes, multiple resonators choices, multiple muffler choices, quick release hardware, etc. The way everything has been designed, the end user can really fine tune the perfect exhaust system for their needs. This is pretty amazing considering our limited production numbers.

I am looking forward to the final product. Again, I think the DKF system in not to be ignored if you are considering any exhaust system upgrades.

Giovanni, Thanks for putting all the time, $$$$$ and energy into this system.
      06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #511
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Sounds great!

But WHEN can we expect the full meal deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #512
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
I had the opportunity to meet Giovanni (Diokaef) this weekend and see many of the exhaust system components first hand.

As a rule, I am incredibly critical when analyzing a potential addition to the M coupe. If it's all show and no go, then I want nothing to do with it. That being said, the DKF system in not to be ignored.

Quality:
I am blown away by the quality of the components. The workmanship is truly flawless. The welds are the most uniform I have ever seen. It's sort of a shame that these parts will be hidden under the car because they truly are automotive artwork in my opinion.

Design:
An incredible amount of engineering has gone into this system. I spent several hours discussing the design and purpose of the DKF system with Giovanni. The attention to every minute detail of the design is impressive. It seems that the DKF system has been purpose built with zero compromise and no expense spared.

Versatility:
One of the things I like the most about the DKF system is its versatility. Giovanni has designed this system to accommodate everyone. To name a few of the options: multiple cat choices, straight pipes, multiple resonators choices, multiple muffler choices, quick release hardware, etc. The way everything has been designed, the end user can really fine tune the perfect exhaust system for their needs. This is pretty amazing considering our limited production numbers.

I am looking forward to the final product. Again, I think the DKF system in not to be ignored if you are considering any exhaust system upgrades.

Wow! This keeps getting better. I'll be keeping an eye out for more updates!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #513
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

+1 subscribed. I'm not a fan of swapping out OEM pieces, usually after market pieces don't have the engineering put into them. However this is looking more and more promising. Would also like to know if the whole system passes CA emissions.
      06-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #514
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

this will destroy everything.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #515
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
+1 subscribed. I'm not a fan of swapping out OEM pieces, usually after market pieces don't have the engineering put into them. However this is looking more and more promising. Would also like to know if the whole system passes CA emissions.
It won't pass CA emissions based purely on the fact that the emissions system will be altered... but I know what you are really asking... will the 300 cell cats pass the sniffer after you find someone to ignore the aftermarket changes. My guess is barely!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #516
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbosock View Post
It won't pass CA emissions based purely on the fact that the emissions system will be altered... but I know what you are really asking... will the 300 cell cats pass the sniffer after you find someone to ignore the aftermarket changes. My guess is barely!!
What are Ca. car owners supposed to do when OEM parts that support emissions are NA and one is forced to use equivalent aftermarket ?

Do regulators accept only CARB approved ?

or will they accept systems that still meet spec, no matter ?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #517
que4523
Recalc that...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR

I am also looking for something that doesn't throw me under the bus with emissions...or at least a silencer so I can cruise through the residential scence and remove when I am away from the complainers.

Also, Are you offering a powder coat option?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #518
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post

Quality:

Design:

Versatility:

Thank You for the review, I appreciate.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #519
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by que4523 View Post
I am also looking for something that doesn't throw me under the bus with emissions...or at least a silencer so I can cruise through the residential scence and remove when I am away from the complainers.

Also, Are you offering a powder coat option?
Yes, we will have a option that keep the sound lower (resonators) and then you swap to straight pipes and things change...

no powder coat option, sorry

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #520
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Hey Gio still have an open spot for a tester? Sorry I have been out of the loop been really busy working in PA. PM with info if you still need a tester.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #521
que4523
Recalc that...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR

Diokaef thanks keep me posted as I would like to experience the exhaust...I like the idea of swapping in straight pipes when I have in track mode.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #522
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
What are Ca. car owners supposed to do when OEM parts that support emissions are NA and one is forced to use equivalent aftermarket ?

Do regulators accept only CARB approved ?

or will they accept systems that still meet spec, no matter ?
When OEM is NA you're stuck hopefully finding something that fits and has an EO. Otherwise I think your SOL and the car isn't legal to drive. Replacement parts must have an EO if they're not OEM. No exceptions that I've been able to find. Even if something else meets specs the ****ing bureaucrats out here won't budge.

Cat back exhausts will be fine (noise requirements only, under 95 DB), but anything else more or less that is close to the engine requires a CARB stamp and papers. "Cold air" intake? Needs approval. If an air filter has a charcoal component and you remove it that's a fail. Obviously headers, cats, intake etc. all need a EO# (Executive Order #) to be legal. If they see something that looks aftermarket they'll fail you right on the spot if you don't have an EO. And this is regardless of whether or not the tailpipe emissions are within required specs.

There's expense in testing to get an EO and that's why you see them for larger production vehicles (you can find EO approved s/c systems for Mustangs, the Focus, Honda Fit, S2000, and Miata and so on IIRC).

You might be able to get away with something like Euro Headers if you make it all look stock (O2 sensor placement, wiring) since those look like part of the stock system and if the HC, CO, NOX are within spec at idle and cruising speed (they sniff while the car is on a dyno).
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #523
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by que4523 View Post
Diokaef thanks keep me posted as I would like to experience the exhaust...I like the idea of swapping in straight pipes when I have in track mode.
Sounds Good, we should have updates soon and GB in about 30 days or so. keep watching
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #524
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

clips?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #525
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
clips?
No clips yet, hopefully after the first testers receive the systems they will post some.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #526
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

getting excited! Any updates Giovanni?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #527
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Silver Z4 M Coupe

Updates?
      07-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #528
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Help

Please guys I really need a z4m to do the final test of the system on the 27th of this month. It's urgent and I just need it for 3 days. It's in Costa Mesa CA and you can Pm me if you may be able to do it. Thank all for the help
Appreciate 0