ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
Sarreguin85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i   [0.00]
P0444?

So I just finished replacing my engine, and I'm dealing with all the electrical right now. I've cleared all the DTCs the engine gave me and the car runs great now. The only issue is, I get 1 code. P0444, Emissions Evap Circuit Open. I've checked the connector to the Evap Purge Valve, and it's tight on there. I also checked the wire leads for said connector, and discovered that there's only 1 brown lead going to it. The other lead Inlet has a green insulation, showing that it came like that from factory. I've racked my brain trying to figure this one out, even going as far as replacing my wire harness, and I still get the issue. Any help?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
T-Bears
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 2.5i

Garage List
Evap issues suck. I haven't dealt with (evap) issues with this specific model but I have on many previous cars of my own and also from working at a shop. This troubleshoot will be for any car in general.

Anyways, assuming your wiring is done right the first thing I would check is the gas cap if it's sealing adequately. Look around for vacuum leaks, see if there is a purge valve that is stuck open or clogged. In most cars the pellets in the charcoal canister break apart and clog the evap system and would cause a check engine light. That usually happens when you over fill your gas tank and excess fuel would leak into the canister and break apart the charcoal. I would also check the fuel tank breather valve and see if there is a solenoid that is stuck open from pellets or maybe just need replacing.

Sometimes taking a day off from working on the car helps, you might remember something you forgot or missed.
Appreciate 0