ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #23
filtercoffee
I like Coffee & Z4s.
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
awesome! what is your ebrake like now? mine sometimes has a lot of slack on the initial pull, but it tightens up on subsequent pulls. i.e. the cable is self adjusting.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #24
drocket77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4

I would have to pull it with 2 hands all the way back, and it barely has any holding power. I am gonna adjust it on the back wheels. There should be a little cog that you spin, and it adjusts the tightness. There is also an adjustment you can do on the handle side of it, with the springs... but that looks like a PITA to get to and adjust.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #25
drocket77
Private
United_States
Rep

Well no luck. Codes came back. So I just reset DME, reset adaptations, pushed new battery to ECU. Ran it for 3 miles and codes came back. I am thinking that after the reset, it will need more time to readjust to things, and my code issue may be solved than. I really don't have the space or patience to pull the top end apart. So I am gonna drive it for a few hundred miles after this last reset and see if my adaptations do anything. If not, I will tear apart the top end. I have exhausted every avenue except that.

My only problem with driving right now is the DMV will not let me have any more temp tags, and I need to drive it to test this out.

Also, I do not feel any hesitation, or sluggishness, no back firing...no knocking. It actually feels and sounds pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:29 PM   #26
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Do you have a completely stock 3.0i intake?

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #27
drocket77
Private
United_States
Rep

Yes. Bought off ebay along with the used MAF sensor. When idling cylinders 2 and 5 get to 0.83 every once in a while, than back down to 0 in the smooth running program on my scanner, the rest are always at 0. I did a compression test a few months ago, and it was fine, I am not smelling any burnt oil. I don't think its my rings. I may have to take the intake off and see if there are any anomalies.

I guess that would be better to start there instead of the whole top end. Since I have done all the easy things and eliminated most of those, its probably best if I just take the intake off and go from there. And since I will have it off, is there a kit for all the vacuum lines, might as well replace those while im at it.
Appreciate 0