ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-12-2023, 06:53 AM   #45
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I took a weekend trip to Stuart area. Landed in WPB, rented a car, and drove up to stay at the Hutchinson Resort for lodging. Met my realtor shortly after, and we started looking. Actually looked at about half and half of rentals and purchases. Can't remember, but around the fifth one, I walked through the door of one for sale, and it just *felt* like home. It was a very intense feeling. Immaculate condition, tons of space, foliage all around (I absolutely love palm trees), and a two-car garage. Made an offer, they countered a little, and I accepted. Thanks, everyone, for the recommendations. It was the thoughts shared here that steered me towards Stuart ultimately. Stuart is just very laid back, as well, and the beaches were all uncrowded. That tree tunnel on the way to Hobe Sound was something out of a movie. Really looking forward to getting away from TN and my toxic family.
That's awesome - here's to *new beginnings! Stuart is really chill, and even has some car culture. Florida is one of those places where you can find yourself in a great community if you put yourself out there. If you wait for that community to create itself for you, it's not gonna happen. Might be fun to join a boat club for a year - just to take advantage of all the awesome places to explore.

Looks like there is a cars & coffee tomorrow there - https://carsandcoffeeevents.com/even...ow/2023-06-13/

https://www.freedomboatclub.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2023, 11:53 AM   #46
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigPig11 View Post
Congrats my friend that’s awesome. I moved to Palm Beach County in 2020 from Colorado. House doubled in value at one point and is still up 80-90 percent from when I bought it. I lucked out in a historic neighborhood with no HOA right off the intracoastal. Best decision of my young life. Welcome to the area!
Thank you! I feel pretty good about this place, but that is awesome. I wish I had made better decisions earlier on in life. Being able to keep rolling equity forward would have completely changed the kind of property I could afford. Though there is an HOA with this one, they recently reduced the monthly by $100 due to having ample reserves, and they seem to be very active in taking care of the community.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 11:56 AM   #47
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
That's awesome - here's to knew beginnings! Stuart is really chill, and even has some car culture. Florida is one of those places where you can find yourself in a great community if you put yourself out there. If you wait for that community to create itself for you, it's not gonna happen. Might be fun to join a boat club for a year - just to take advantage of all the awesome places to explore.

Looks like there is a cars & coffee tomorrow there - https://carsandcoffeeevents.com/even...ow/2023-06-13/

https://www.freedomboatclub.com/
I would have never considered that, but my realtor was talking about boating while we were driving to properties. I can't even remember the last time I was on a boat.. like over 20 years ago? I'm not going to know anyone, so I'm going to have to be a lot more proactive than usual about putting myself out there. Once I get settled in and expenses calm down, I'll be taking a look at that club. Could hit the Cars and Coffee early on, though.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2023, 01:14 PM   #48
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Congrats on finding a place quickly. You are so much better off up there than in south PBC. There's some kind of car gtg everyday.

https://flacarshows.com/events/categ...heast-florida/
nerdogray1301.50
      06-12-2023, 01:44 PM   #49
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Congrats. We moved to PBC 4 1/2 years ago from NY. Never going back.. but we have been daydreaming / talking about moving further north.. maybe Stuart / Palm City / PSL area or maybe further up. We love our home, but driving around here is the worst.
nerdogray1301.50
      06-12-2023, 01:55 PM   #50
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
Congrats. We moved to PBC 4 1/2 years ago from NY. Never going back.. but we have been daydreaming / talking about moving further north.. maybe Stuart / Palm City / PSL area or maybe further up. We love our home, but driving around here is the worst.
Maybe it's because it's off-season right now, but driving around was a breeze. At least, I think it's considered off-season. No matter which beach we drove past, there was ample parking, even at Hobe Sound, and I'm obsessed with the Tunnel of Trees. Pictures do not do it justice. We checked out places in Jupiter, PSL, and Stuart. PSL had the same feel as Stuart, but admittedly I only checked out one property there. It's like there is all this well-kept infrastructure and hardly anyone using it. Even utility boxes on street corners had decorative wraps on them. Also lots of roundabouts which most drivers seemed to understand. Those things blow everyone's minds around here. The word "chaos" comes to mind driving around more south like Deerfield Beach and Ft. Lauderdale area (I have an ex-girlfriend that lives down there). I didn't drive around too much in WPB area except driving out of it to get to Stuart. I had no idea the kind of (old) money that was Jupiter Island until my realtor gave me the tour. Overall definitely more aggressive and bad driving compared to here, but it seemed to get better the further north out of WPB.
Appreciate 1
DocL1930.00
      06-12-2023, 02:26 PM   #51
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
Maybe it's because it's off-season right now, but driving around was a breeze. At least, I think it's considered off-season. No matter which beach we drove past, there was ample parking, even at Hobe Sound, and I'm obsessed with the Tunnel of Trees. Pictures do not do it justice. We checked out places in Jupiter, PSL, and Stuart. PSL had the same feel as Stuart, but admittedly I only checked out one property there. It's like there is all this well-kept infrastructure and hardly anyone using it. Even utility boxes on street corners had decorative wraps on them. Also lots of roundabouts which most drivers seemed to understand. Those things blow everyone's minds around here. The word "chaos" comes to mind driving around more south like Deerfield Beach and Ft. Lauderdale area (I have an ex-girlfriend that lives down there). I didn't drive around too much in WPB area except driving out of it to get to Stuart. I had no idea the kind of (old) money that was Jupiter Island until my realtor gave me the tour. Overall definitely more aggressive and bad driving compared to here, but it seemed to get better the further north out of WPB.
Right, I am saying driving in PBC sucks (It is the next county north of Broward ie Deerfield, FLL etc). Treasure Coast (really starting from Jupiter area) is much more laid back. Just a matter of time for us..
nerdogray1301.50
      06-12-2023, 03:27 PM   #52
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

I grew up in Stuart and my folks are still there. Based on what you were looking for, I think you'll really enjoy it. What part of Stuart?
Appreciate 3
DocL1930.00
nerdogray1301.50
      06-12-2023, 06:26 PM   #53
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie fairmont View Post
I grew up in Stuart and my folks are still there. Based on what you were looking for, I think you'll really enjoy it. What part of Stuart?
Hard to tell where things begin and end, but looks like southern part. Hobe Sound is the beach that is closest.
Appreciate 0