ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #45
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Well done 3GFX

Nice numbers and curve
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50
      06-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #46
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Well done 3GFX

Nice numbers and curve
Thanks Dave! Super happy with the result, picking your brain had a lot to do with the decisions I made. Mainly to be a little more plug and play
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 07:57 AM   #47
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep

Updated pics, got my Skyer side skirts on and took a picture of the freshened leather in the centre console. The original leather was grey to match the interior (which was hideous). I then had it made in suede and stitched to match the renown steering wheel but the suede faded BADLY in the sun. Long story short OEM black was the way to go, cut to fit and show a bit of the RTD shifter.

Appreciate 1
Steeler2422.00
      06-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #48
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep

Ok, so it has been a long while since I've updated this thread. Terrible since this is kind of it's own log book in away. I'll pick up where I left off. There is still some buttoning up to do, but I figure since the dashboard and door cards are done, I'd at least post some pics of what I've been working on. I generally post updates to my @milk4coffee instagram.

1) Rewired the ESS TS2 manifold water pump and DRL's direct to battery with a gang switch under dash.
2) Added a Spal 7.5" puller fan direct to batter as well to help cool the manifold air-water-air cooler.

3) Last season I played around with a new 100 Treadwear semi-slick tire that was budget friendly and loved it. The Nankang AR1. This year I am going to try and stuff 255's on the front, the 275's on the back should be a problem. To all you M owners out there it's no big deal, but this ain't easy to squeeze into the lesser Z!

4) Brake cooling was actually a problem that started to arise so I thought I'd get myself a solution. Some home made ducting. I broke apart my stock fog lamps (they were in rough shape anyway) removed the glass and lighting unit and ran the hose to the inside of the housing. Worked great, easy to mount to the bumper

5) The previously aforementioned gang switches (DRL, Water for intercooler, Fan for intercooler, interior gauges and 12V)

6) Next was the Braum Racing seats which although I love the seats have been a real pain. They are underside mount which has made them extremely difficult to centre to the car. The planted brackets didn't work well nor did the VAC. So after a few revisions I made my own and I'm happy to say they are a perfect fit. There's some work to do with the harnesses still, but that will be another day.

7) Last but not least the new dashboard. I filled in the stereo and venting and added my own custom venting. Needed to duct some hoses to the back but they are fully functional. The dash is crushed carbon with red carbon flake. The door handles are the same to match. The door cards also have the same red material as the seats now.

...so that's where I am currently at. Things to do still:

a) Rebuild front brakes with Racing Brake Stainless steel piston and high temp seals.
b) Powder coat all 4 brakes
c) Put harnesses into car permanently
d) Put back all the interior plastic (not looking forward to this)
e) Fix wheel well (custom spats? figuring this one out as we speak)

Last edited by 3GFX; 06-21-2021 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00
XMetal1096.50