ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerZ32 View Post
I've also been thinking about having my coupe custom painted LSB. How much would a job like this usually run?
To do it right it would be several thousand $
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #24
wmtodd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 BSM 535i, 04 LSB z4m coupe

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys! I plan to treat her right and she already treats me well
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Very cool!
      10-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #26
mcoupe5/6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M Coupe

Was checking this one out too while I was in the market. Settled on an IB on imola red. Great looking especially in LSB
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #27
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

I owned an LSB E46 M3 and daily drove it for almost 5 years. I loved the car, the engine was one reason I came back to the Z4MC. I just wish I had had the black interior instead of the gray, which looked dingy pretty quickly...

Not sure I would go back to this color now but I still love seeing cars in this color.

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

Very beautiful! It is the only one Z4 MCoupe in Laguna Seca blue that i have ever seen and i love it!

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #29
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Great looking color, the E86 body really pulls this off well!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #30
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Picking up an old thread: I recently bought this car after it was traded in at a local dealer from a gentleman in Colorado.

I’ve never purchased a salvage car before and really didn’t need it (have a Lotus Exige S and an E46 M3) but I made the lowest lowball offer I’ve ever made and got the car for a 4 digit price.

I looked it over as best I could and had a close friend do the same but figured at worst I could part out the engine and trans for damn near what I paid.

Well, 2 weeks in it’s been a very pleasant surprise (knock on wood). The car drives really well.....like REALLY. Chassis, suspension, drivetrain are all tight. The car tracks straight and has been a blast to drive.

Best part is I baby all my other cars (not driving in the rain, worry about every micro scratch etc) and with its title situation it’s more stress free.

I plan to do a major fluids refresh and have Apex wheels and 255 square tires on the way.

Anyway, happy to be apart of this community now coming over from the 1M forum from a few years back (finally remembered my login).
Appreciate 3
wdb4673.00
3798j11167.00
Vanne1591.50
      03-15-2020, 01:31 PM   #31
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Wow, congratulations on getting in at such a low price! The salvage db lookup indicates two events but that could just be a state/title change. The original pictures I found seem to indicate it was mostly a bodywork issue with possibly some LF suspension involvement. Let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 03:56 PM   #32
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Wow, congratulations on getting in at such a low price! The salvage db lookup indicates two events but that could just be a state/title change. The original pictures I found seem to indicate it was mostly a bodywork issue with possibly some LF suspension involvement. Let us know how it goes!
Will do thanks.

I take weird joy in doing as much research and do diligence as possible. I used this forum and google search to find a for sale ad for the car from a dealer from years ago. I text the number and asked if they remembered the car. Surprise, the guy I text had actually been the one to purchase and have the car repaired and painted. It ended up being his personal car for 3 years.

He told me he would not have kept the car for himself had it not been a really good car. According to him there was no structural damage. Hard to not trust being several years later and no need to “sell” me on it now, but take that with a grain of salt.

I’ll have to update with pics when I have time. Interior and engine bay are in really great shape and overall clean. The wheels on it (19” Beyern) now are just too much of eye sores for me to be ok showing anyone.
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00
      03-15-2020, 09:17 PM   #33
couchflyer
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M Roadster; X4 M40i

Garage List
Yeah, congrats on the purchase, great buy at four digit price as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 06:10 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Picking up an old thread: I recently bought this car after it was traded in at a local dealer from a gentleman in Colorado.

I’ve never purchased a salvage car before and really didn’t need it (have a Lotus Exige S and an E46 M3) but I made the lowest lowball offer I’ve ever made and got the car for a 4 digit price.

I looked it over as best I could and had a close friend do the same but figured at worst I could part out the engine and trans for damn near what I paid.

Well, 2 weeks in it’s been a very pleasant surprise (knock on wood). The car drives really well.....like REALLY. Chassis, suspension, drivetrain are all tight. The car tracks straight and has been a blast to drive.

Best part is I baby all my other cars (not driving in the rain, worry about every micro scratch etc) and with its title situation it’s more stress free.

I plan to do a major fluids refresh and have Apex wheels and 255 square tires on the way.

Anyway, happy to be apart of this community now coming over from the 1M forum from a few years back (finally remembered my login).
Would love to see more pictures! I think this car will look great modded.

At 4 figures, you absolutely cannot beat that. Congrats and enjoy in good health.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #35
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post

At 4 figures, you absolutely cannot beat that. Congrats and enjoy in good health.
Thank you sir! Tires showed up this evening and the wheels have been here for a day or 2. I guess I’ll find out quickly what 255 fronts do without any suspension mods (that I’m aware of).

It has 225/40/19’s on the front now which are significantly taller than the 255/40/17’s though so thinking I can at least drive to my alignment shop but we shall see.

I’ll update with pics then.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #36
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir! Tires showed up this evening and the wheels have been here for a day or 2. I guess I’ll find out quickly what 255 fronts do without any suspension mods (that I’m aware of).

It has 225/40/19’s on the front now which are significantly taller than the 255/40/17’s though so thinking I can at least drive to my alignment shop but we shall see.

I’ll update with pics then.
That's a great buy.
Pls show us pics of the car now.
How many miles on it ?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #37
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

If you decide to sell let me know! Love the color.
      04-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #38
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir! Tires showed up this evening and the wheels have been here for a day or 2. I guess I'll find out quickly what 255 fronts do without any suspension mods (that I'm aware of).

It has 225/40/19's on the front now which are significantly taller than the 255/40/17's though so thinking I can at least drive to my alignment shop but we shall see.

I'll update with pics then.
That's a great buy.
How many miles on it ?
Here is a random collection of photos of the car over the last month or so I've owned it.

I hesitate to say this because of how it sounds, but it might be the perfect car for me. I love how you sit in it. I've had the loved 1M and made sure to get the manual seats because they sat 1" lower than my 135is' power seats. I've had E36 and my current E46 M3's and you sit "on" them.

On top of that I'm an S54 lover. I think it's my favorite motor in all the cars I've owned because it's not TOO fast but just right to rip around on the streets. The car rotates and turns in so well too.

Again, being a rebuilt title means I have no issue going out rain or shine and getting some me time through all the chaos lately.

Got my first Blackstone back on it yesterday and it's a flawless report. For what I paid for this, I've never had a better sports car value in my life.

CSL airbox and 3.9 diff are calling me....haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
wdb4673.00
gds52886.00
pyshin110.50
Mirko182.00
      04-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #39
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir! Tires showed up this evening and the wheels have been here for a day or 2. I guess I'll find out quickly what 255 fronts do without any suspension mods (that I'm aware of).

It has 225/40/19's on the front now which are significantly taller than the 255/40/17's though so thinking I can at least drive to my alignment shop but we shall see.

That's a great buy.
How many miles on it ?
Here is a random collection of photos of the car over the last month or so I've owned it.

I hesitate to say this because of how it sounds, but it might be the perfect car for me. I love how you sit in it. I've had the loved 1M and made sure to get the manual seats because they sat 1" lower than my 135is' power seats. I've had E36 and my current E46 M3's and you sit "on" them.

On top of that I'm an S54 lover. I think it's my favorite motor in all the cars I've owned because it's not TOO fast but just right to rip around on the streets. The car rotates and turns in so well too.

Again, being a rebuilt title means I have no issue going out rain or shine and getting some me time through all the chaos lately.

Got my first Blackstone back on it yesterday and it's a flawless report. For what I paid for this, I've never had a better sports car value in my life.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a great buy.
How many miles on it ?

Wow what a beauty....the color looks Amazing. I'm sure it looks even better in person.
As far as rain is concerned...I drive mine all the time....it's even more fun in rain being planted to the road.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #40
Alaberti
And yet
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V6 S BDE

Beautiful car! Really like how the car shifts color in different lighting, you could really take some great pictures. Have you considered a few additional contrasting bits? Spoiler, side skirts, that kind of thing?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 09:08 PM   #41
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaberti View Post
Beautiful car! Really like how the car shifts color in different lighting, you could really take some great pictures. Have you considered a few additional contrasting bits? Spoiler, side skirts, that kind of thing?
Thank you! Yes, the color changes pretty dramatically (mostly in photos) depending on the light and time of day.

It came with a large APR rear wing which I removed pretty quickly (hence the black circular pieces of tape over the holes until I figure out what I want to do).

For now I'm going to focus more on making it a really fun street car and taking weight out. Cosmetics will likely come after the go fast/handle better/brake better/hold me in better stuff.

Thanks for the kind words, it's such a fun car!
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00