ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
Ms. M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

E86 Z4M Coupe Exhaust System Setup Help :)

Hi There,

I have an 07 Z4M coupe and needed some help in deciding what other parts I will need for my exhaust system setup. I am looking to get a little more noise out of the car (without any drone) with powergains (nothing crazy) and would love to remove the stock mufflers as I don't like how they look but they may make the car too loud so I need some help pls

I recently purchased a set of supersprint V1 tubolare (non stepped) headers and before I purchase anything else am wondering if I should keep the remaining sections stock? would like to hear about the different experiences and routes people may have taken
I know there are secondary cats in stock sec 1 and I could replace them with a straight Sec 1 but would that make the car too loud if section 2 and mufflers remain stock?

I know the car will require a tune for proper gains and engine light removal but I don't want to get a tune until I figure out what to do with the remaining setup.

Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
I would definitely start with the exhaust compilation thread first (below)

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthr...ust+comparison

Headers will change the noise volume the most - depending on your tastes and/or tolerances you may stay with stock mufflers there. YouTube is a solid resource but as always it is hard to replicate the exact sound in a phone recording. There is a decent contingent of Z4M owners in Toronto, it would be a good idea to hear setups in person if you can.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
Daemonblitz
Commander
Rep
Drives: Z4MC/M5/640iX/M1000RR

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [9.50]
2006 Z4M Coupe  [8.77]
2010 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
If you already plan on installing cat-less headers I would recommend staying away from any of the loud mufflers, such as RPi, that's what I have on my car as far as exhaust and it is LOUD, and definitely drones.
K66 ///M1000RR - Competition
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I have Eisenmann Sport rear mufflers on my car. The cans are smaller than stock and get rid of that "hanging down" look of the stockers. Much cleaner rear view. Sound-wise I like them, a bit throatier at all times and never too loud, no drone. No idea how they'd be in combination with catless headers but several folks have combined them with Rogue x-pipe and are pleased with the sound. I'll do that myself one of these days.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
Ms. M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Thank you for the reply guys!

So with the SS V1, I have ordered the DFK section 1 with 100 & 300 cell and resonators. Sec 2 and exhaust is something I will need to decide on but I guess I can't until I get the first 2 things installed first and see how loud it turns out .

I appreciate the help! I will report back
Appreciate 0