ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-10-2018, 12:05 AM   #23
EMKOOP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailloux View Post
EMKOOP, did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same red eye issue with my driver side projector. Would appreciate any insight.
Wow another autobot on the forums finally

I have looked into/acted on everything other than removing the headlights apart to check the inside assemblies.

I've swapped the bulbs in the inner halo and still have the red eye on the driver side.

I did notice one thing when I removed the driver side inner halo bulb and it seemed that the filament was abit toasted (Still working though).

My only explanation currently would be that somehow the bulb generated higher heat than usual at some period of time and caused some damage to the black cover in front of it? Somehow that area is now allowing light to travel through and is creating this red spectrum?

Let me know if you have other findings as at this point I have just grown accustomed to it as you dont really see it unless you look close enough at the headlight level.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 02:43 AM   #24
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

This is reaching jet hot coated three chicks in a Z mice putting dog food in the exhaust system normal guy thread humor levels. We've had crazy stuff before but never demon eye issues. I'll bet some Dodge Demon guys actually pay for this look.

Subbed as I really am interested in what the end of the story looks like. My bet is "black plastic" and the light wavelengths that are getting through.
Appreciate 0