ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
RickS
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0SI

Newbie here, E85 Battery question

Last month I bought a 2006 Z4 3.0SSI from a Ford dealer. The battery was replaced either by the dealer or the person who traded it in. The battery is dated 7/18. See pictures.

This is the first car I've owned that had a battery in the trunk. I'm assuming the gray tube to the left is the vent tube, correct? If so, it feels like there's another vent on the opposite side of the battery, should that have a vent tube also or be plugged or remain open? The package with elbow & plug was stuck to the side of the battery.

I did a search and some people comment the battery needs be registered with a dealer? Was that for some warranty issue? Do I need to do it for a 2006?

What was the CCA requirement from the factory, I looked in the owns manual but didn't see anything.

Thanks, Rick
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Use the plug on the opposite side of the batt from the the vent hose.
The registration tell the computer the battery is new so the charge characteristics are different from an older batt. Your car is not that smart and does not need to be registered, which is a good thing.

BTW, you may need to reset the windows if they don't drop ~1/4" when you open the door. This happens anytime the battery is disconnected.
Appreciate 0