ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #23
Z4M_GT3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
Thanks, they all seem to be an eye-watering price and then you have to add in the cost of the tune on top of that just makes it too much for my pocket. I didn't know BW made one.

What is the consensus as to the best carbon box between BW and Evolve version? Are they any other manufacturers I have missed out?

The BW comes in 120mm and 200mm but the Evolve version does not specify.

Honestly I wasn't told specifically why from Epic Motorsport, but I'm sure the man has a valid point. He tunes TONS of S54's and has by far the best results. He just said "I'd save up and get a proper BW airbox" haha and I heard from pple that BW box is top notch. But then again, I ditched the airbox/cam idea.. for me it's not worth it, I can use that money towards a supercharger for my second Z4M soon to come hahaa

Last edited by Z4M_GT3; 01-12-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:34 AM   #24
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMagnuson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Z4M_GT3’s statements contradict everything I’ve learned here in the forums about a CAI for the M. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying I’ve seen dyno proof plenty times now where the Hp and Tq seem to be higher with a real airbox, even comparing Eventuri to Afe. I was going for Eventuri, now I’m unsure. Any data would be appreciated Z4M_GT3
Ross not sure if this helps as I dont have experience with AFE or anything else but I have the Eventuri setup and I am happy with it. It looks great in place and I believe that it actually smoothed out the throttle response a bit. I cant say that i noticed any HP or torque gain or loss for that matter, but it looks and sounds good.
From what I've read on this forum the eventuri is a very nice intake and beautifully constructed. It really looks great in the engine bay and fits the quality and precision of an M engine. Some say it's not quite as loud as the AFe but close. It's not open to the heat of the engine, so that's a plus. But I haven't seen any dyno comparisons of the two. For looks, I think the eventuri has it. For performance, idk, it may be a wash. (Someone chime in here if they can say one is better than the other.) For sound, the AFe is a little louder. For price the AFe is around $500 while the Eventuri is close to $900.
Appreciate 0