ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-22-2019, 05:01 AM   #2509
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Sciatic nerve pain annoys me.

I just tell myself I'm getting old and part of the process. Nothing a little juice injected into the butt cheek called Neuroflax can't control
Had this for 6months about 2 years ago. Was warming up with 225 deadlifting and something slipped. Had terrible lower back pain and sciatic nerve pain throughout my right leg. Refused to go to the doctor because I know they would just recommend rehab. Rehabbed it myself while keeping things light, was the most frustrating injury I have ever had. Throughout the 6months even when things felt like they were getting better I would tweak it doing the most stupid shit like getting out of the car. Hopefully yours dwindles over time.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      08-22-2019, 05:08 AM   #2510
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Sciatic nerve pain annoys me.

I just tell myself I'm getting old and part of the process. Nothing a little juice injected into the butt cheek called Neuroflax can't control
Had this for 6months about 2 years ago. Was warming up with 225 deadlifting and something slipped. Had terrible lower back pain and sciatic nerve pain throughout my right leg. Refused to go to the doctor because I know they would just recommend rehab. Rehabbed it myself while keeping things light, was the most frustrating injury I have ever had. Throughout the 6months even when things felt like they were getting better I would tweak it doing the most stupid shit like getting out of the car. Hopefully yours dwindles over time.
That's my main fear, having to let go of the weights.

However, I guess like you- I could focus on hypertrophy, clean the diet up and just do a slow cut for two months or so while it heals up? At least it'll "look" like I'm using baby weight because of a caloric deficit rather than my old ass acting my age
      08-22-2019, 05:43 AM   #2511
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's my main fear, having to let go of the weights.

However, I guess like you- I could focus on hypertrophy, clean the diet up and just do a slow cut for two months or so while it heals up? At least it'll "look" like I'm using baby weight because of a caloric deficit rather than my old ass acting my age
That was the route I took. Unfortunately I never got back to going heavy on deadlifts. The fear of that injury reoccuring has kept me on my toes. It was a terrible 6months. Some days agonizing pain, had to have the girl tie my shoes lmao. So hopefully your pain wasnt as bad as mine and you have an easier recovery time.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 07:27 AM   #2512
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
gtfoh, chalk > gloves. I'm sure you wear her panties too
So wearing her panties is frowned upon??? Can't a guy just like to feel how silky that shit is against my junk? Make fun of me all you want about wearing gloves, but you leave the panties out of this!

Quote:
Gloves are for pussy, chump! IF A GAL AINT DOWN TO GET HER PANTIES RIPPED OFF AND SCRATCHED UP DURING THE CLANG AND BANG, HER ASS BELONGS IN A CONVENT
Just to paint a better picture for you, she just got out of a convent and I've been celibate the majority of my life. Give us a break, we are in the process of trying to figure out this sex thing together. Also, I just started lifting weights because I got tired of being picked on and having my ass kicked, my entire life, by big mean guys. The least you could do is be supportive that my chump, pussy ass is stretching these 5 pound bands and getting swole before I go home and touch my girls secret no-no place.

Quote:
Whatever you say, stay puffed marshmallow man hands
Now that's just mean.....
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
b4hand661.00
      08-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #2513
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but:

-People who just sit on machines they're not using
-People on their phones
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
core22139.50
b4hand661.00
      08-22-2019, 08:49 PM   #2514
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
gtfoh, chalk > gloves. I'm sure you wear her panties too
So wearing her panties is frowned upon??? Can't a guy just like to feel how silky that shit is against my junk? Make fun of me all you want about wearing gloves, but you leave the panties out of this!

Quote:
Gloves are for pussy, chump! IF A GAL AINT DOWN TO GET HER PANTIES RIPPED OFF AND SCRATCHED UP DURING THE CLANG AND BANG, HER ASS BELONGS IN A CONVENT
Just to paint a better picture for you, she just got out of a convent and I've been celibate the majority of my life. Give us a break, we are in the process of trying to figure out this sex thing together. Also, I just started lifting weights because I got tired of being picked on and having my ass kicked, my entire life, by big mean guys. The least you could do is be supportive that my chump, pussy ass is stretching these 5 pound bands and getting swole before I go home and touch my girls secret no-no place.

Quote:
Now that's just mean.....
Troll recognizes troll.

I see you
      09-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #2515
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but:

-People who just sit on machines they're not using
-People on their phones
How about people who claim a rack and then spend 15 minutes stretching before they use it.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      09-05-2019, 05:01 AM   #2516
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

These two guys had me crazy frustrated yesterday. Both small, no legs. The one had all the gear to look like he lifted an shit like knee sleeves and all that jazz. They were on the super squat piece of equipment facing outwards. Didn't see a proper rep the entire 5 sets they were doing (I was waiting to get on this piece that's why I know). Would only go half way down (120 degree angle rather than a 90). Guy who had the sleeves just kept stacking on the 45s, had 5 each side eventually at which point he had to put the sleeves on....... Which for the super squat is impressive weight *WITH PROPER FORM!!!*. And I could tell the guy with the sleeves was bragging to the smaller of the two small guys about the weight, telling him "you'll get there just have to train hard" meanwhile this fuck bag doesn't even know what training hard means. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it again.

*end rant*
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-05-2019, 06:09 AM   #2517
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
These two guys had me crazy frustrated yesterday. Both small, no legs. The one had all the gear to look like he lifted an shit like knee sleeves and all that jazz. They were on the super squat piece of equipment facing outwards. Didn't see a proper rep the entire 5 sets they were doing (I was waiting to get on this piece that's why I know). Would only go half way down (120 degree angle rather than a 90). Guy who had the sleeves just kept stacking on the 45s, had 5 each side eventually at which point he had to put the sleeves on....... Which for the super squat is impressive weight *WITH PROPER FORM!!!*. And I could tell the guy with the sleeves was bragging to the smaller of the two small guys about the weight, telling him "you'll get there just have to train hard" meanwhile this fuck bag doesn't even know what training hard means. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it again.

*end rant*
I see these guys when I go on the weekend. I probably look like a bum as I keep covered up most of the time. I only have a set of straps for when my deadlifts go above 365, and a belt for squats that doesn't start getting used until my last warmup at 275lbs.

I have seen some crazy stuff in my time.
      09-05-2019, 06:22 AM   #2518
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
What the heck is a super squat?
      09-05-2019, 06:45 AM   #2519
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
That's when you shit yourself or puke
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #2520
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Google super squat machine and click images. First one. Too lazy to attach an image haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
That's when you shit yourself or puke
lmao
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #2521
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
That was the route I took. Unfortunately I never got back to going heavy on deadlifts. The fear of that injury reoccuring has kept me on my toes. It was a terrible 6months. Some days agonizing pain, had to have the girl tie my shoes lmao. So hopefully your pain wasnt as bad as mine and you have an easier recovery time.

Back problems SUCK, and they run in my family. My dad had two bad disks by 17, my grandfather has had a few different back surgeries. I threw out my back for the first time last year at 28, so I guess I've been lucky. Hard to act like a man with your girl when you have to climb out of the car like a 90 year old lady.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      09-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #2522
beerdog1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Guys who dress and prance around like tinkerbell while they work out. Most are totally jacked. I am like.. "WTF! did the roids destroy your balls?"
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #2523
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So today I actually slept a little later and didn't get into the gym until 5:00am. God it was crowded..or I'm just used to my 3:00am workouts.

But if you can't set the weights down with proper control...then you shouldn't be attempting to lift them in the first place!!!! You look like an idiot letting shit just drop and the attention you garner isn't admiration. Plus you are only going to hurt yourself in the long term.

Okay...Rant Over.
      09-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #2524
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So today I actually slept a little later and didn't get into the gym until 5:00am. God it was crowded..or I'm just used to my 3:00am workouts.

But if you can't set the weights down with proper control...then you shouldn't be attempting to lift them in the first place!!!! You look like an idiot letting shit just drop and the attention you garner isn't admiration. Plus you are only going to hurt yourself in the long term.

Okay...Rant Over.
3am? When the F do you sleep? haha

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:05 AM   #2525
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
3am? When the F do you sleep? haha
LOL...I don't. I can get a full 4 hours on a good night, but usually get 3-4 and I'm up.

Been that way my whole life. I have had sleep studies done...and the Dr. tells me I'm fine. I'm usually in bed by 10:30pm, but up right before 2:00am. And I feel like I have slept 10 hours at that point. Dr. said if I needed sleep, my body would let me know it. I haven't set an alarm in 20+ years.

My biggest issue is waiting on the sun to come up so I can get outside...especially through the weekends. During the week...I just go to work early!
      09-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #2526
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
LOL...I don't. I can get a full 4 hours on a good night, but usually get 3-4 and I'm up.

Been that way my whole life. I have had sleep studies done...and the Dr. tells me I'm fine. I'm usually in bed by 10:30pm, but up right before 2:00am. And I feel like I have slept 10 hours at that point. Dr. said if I needed sleep, my body would let me know it. I haven't set an alarm in 20+ years.

My biggest issue is waiting on the sun to come up so I can get outside...especially through the weekends. During the week...I just go to work early!
Damn. I got 2 hours of sleep once on a road trip and the person I was with had to drive because I kept missing exits. If I went to the gym after that much sleep I'd probably drop everything. That's crazy.

Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #2527
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #2528
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Best feeling in the world.

Massive diarrhea after an epic cheat meal.

It's as if it never happened
      10-15-2019, 07:13 AM   #2529
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

A while ago, I mentioned here about the idiots at my gym who insist on sitting in their damn cars with their headlights on blinding many of us in the gym. Last night I had a fool that did this and it was the worst out of all the numb nuts. I'm benching and the fool runs his car with his headlights on for a good 10 minutes. The headlights are aimed straight at the bench I'm using and are blinding me as I'm trying to knock off my sets.

I might have to stop being passive about this and walk over to the window and give the offenders the finger.

Last edited by zx10guy; 10-15-2019 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #2530
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
A while ago, I mentioned here about the idiots at my gym who insist on sitting in their damn cars with their headlights on blinding many of us in the gym. Last night I had a fool that did this and it was the worst out of all the numb nuts. I'm benching and the fool runs his car with his headlights on for a good 10 minutes. The headlights are aimed straight at the bench I'm using and are blinding me as I'm trying to knock off my sets.

I might have to stop being passive about this and walk over to the window and give the offenders the finger.
Why doesn't your gym buy those curtains that roll down to block out the sun? One of my gyms is on a high rise and they have those and when the sun hits directly- it is literally blinding.

Would work for your situation, cause ya know/ the sun > headlights.