ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-25-2022, 08:39 AM   #23
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MC Junkie View Post
I meant differential fluid.

Belcom - Over the past 3 months, three different highly-rated German car garages have come back with three different diagnoses (i.e., bad u-joint, bad CV joint and bad differential). If I had a hydraulic lift in my back yard and the time I could probably diagnosis the problem myself but I don't so I'm stuck dealing with incompetent and/or crooked garages. What else can you do?
So did the fluid change improve things and you no longer experience the symptoms?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 11:29 AM   #24
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Duke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAlexandria View Post
"Trolling" a forum because I told OP to use google and do the least amount of research feasible and you've literally discussed the U-Joint connecting into the Universal twice now.....THEY ARE THE SAME THING.

But no no, I'm the one trolling....lol, what a joke of post.

But on a serious note, I still have doubts it's your drive shaft. I've never heard of a 'rubbing/grinding' noise from a driveshaft with a faulty guibo, center bearing, or u-joint issue, especially when turning the car. Shuddering, shaking, heavy vibration that increases with speed on accel and decel 100% your drive shaft but again that's not what you've described. Do you hear it underneath you or in the front, or under your feet, or in the rear? I mean, you've already questioned your Mech, and what you've describing just doesn't make sense for a faulty u-joint in that driveshaft.

-Duke
All reading this lost you at....Not sure if serious, or actually stupid…"

This type of WWF man-speak doesn't play here....suggest apologizing to the OP.
      03-25-2022, 11:41 AM   #25
DukeofAlexandria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
All reading this lost you at....Not sure if serious, or actually stupid…"

This type of WWF man-speak doesn't play here....suggest apologizing to the OP.
4 month old post, and I see you weren't paying attention to the substance of what I wrote, and only to the tone in which I wrote it.

You're right, I am sorry you lack reading comprehension skills, my bad I guess.

-Duke
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:05 PM   #26
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Thank you -

All reading this lost you at the QUOTE from DukeofAlexandria...."Not sure if serious, or actually stupid…"

"This type of WWF man-speak doesn't play here....suggest apologizing to the OP". A QUOTE from racerbruce.

A QUOTE from racerbruce: "Thank you ZPost Administrator(s) for creating the ignore list....it creates boundaries and civility for those that possess none."

Last edited by racerbruce; 03-25-2022 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 08:53 PM   #27
DukeofAlexandria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
All reading this lost you at the QUOTE from DukeofAlexandria...."Not sure if serious, or actually stupid…"

"This type of WWF man-speak doesn't play here....suggest apologizing to the OP". A QUOTE from racerbruce.

A QUOTE from racerbruce: "Thank you ZPost Administrator(s) for creating the ignore list....it creates boundaries and civility for those that possess none."
LOL….ok I guess? Sorry you didn't get your way, read nothing I wrote about the absurdity of the post and the way it was worded, then proceeded to get triggered and complain to mods as well as demand I apologize from a 4 month old post lol.

Just because you disapprove of the way I said it, doesn't make any of my original points wrong. In fact, I implore you to logically argue any of the points instead of ad hominem attacking me with "WWF style" crap.

I'll wait, I'm hourly.

-Duke
Appreciate 0