ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #67
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

Looks good.

I've liked the bumper since seeing the original pics.

I have a question that's off topic, but it's in the same vein as "would you do it again"

I'm contemplating a floor similar to what you have in your garage and was curious if you installed it yourself, what the end cost was, was it difficult to install and if it's held up better or less than expected?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #68
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH View Post
I'm contemplating a floor similar to what you have in your garage and was curious if you installed it yourself, what the end cost was, was it difficult to install and if it's held up better or less than expected?

Yes I installed it myself (actually my brother did most of it). It's a simple snap-on. It's a tad hard to keep clean. I want it to always look perfect which is difficult. I think the worst part is when you jack up a car you can ruin the floor if you don't put something under the jack stands or jack. I put some type of pad so that the metal doesn't dig into the tiles. I ruined a few tiles that way and had to purchase more tiles for replacements. I think the cost was a bit over 1K. I would do it again. It looks good when clean.

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #69
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

That looks great. Who did the paintwork? (Feel free to PM if you prefer.) When I had my skirts done by a very reputable and expensive shop in SD I wasn't terribly pleased with their work at all. The color was perfect but the quality wasn't 100% and they broke some clips - and also threw away the box after I asked them not to so now my stock skirts are just sitting in the garage waiting to get knocked over. GRRR! I'm just curious for my future paintwork needs because I won't be using that same shop again.
      02-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #70
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

Chapparone in Clairemont.

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #71
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

Thinking of wrapping the splitter looking things in a carbon fiber wrap. This is a mockup with electrical tape to see if I like it. I kinda do! What do you think?

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #72
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
ooooo! i love the "guess the shadow puppet game"!... is it, "cookie monster trying to eat a hockey puck"?

back on topic... i do like the darker fang look, but am unsure about wrapping. i personally have no issues with the implementaion of a wrap; my concern is that you've spent a great deal of moneys on getting this cover the way you want it... why not go just a bit further and get actual carbon fiber covers for them? i realize they won't be "hamman" product, but they'd probably fit just fine.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #73
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
ooooo! i love the "guess the shadow puppet game"!... is it, "cookie monster trying to eat a hockey puck"?

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #74
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
Ooooh close! lol It's actually Cookie Monster playing hands-free Jenga.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #75
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #76
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

Well, here I am adding my two cents in... I like the bumper, but... am not enamored at all with the brake ducts. Somehow the round hole looks like a missing fog-light to me. Love the splitter and middle opening, but...
      02-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #77
STIHLBOLTS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2020 Z4 M4.0i  [5.00]
+1

Looks good.

2013 335is E93
2018 X5 35d
BMWCCA / ZSCCA Member
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #78
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
Well, here I am adding my two cents in... I like the bumper, but... am not enamored at all with the brake ducts. Somehow the round hole looks like a missing fog-light to me. Love the splitter and middle opening, but...
Yeah I bet some people think the holes are missing fog lights. If you don't like the CSL style look of the E46M3 you prob won't like this front.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #79
recycle
Rep
Drives: z4 2.5i

I love it, but I agree on the fact that most people will just think there's a missing fog light, I still don't care what people think. awesome work dude...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #80
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

ok, no more games. We need MOAR pics... lol. congrats on the bumper bro, I was thinking of getting it for my non m z4 roadster but I was unsure on how would it blend with the sport skirts so I just bought a z4m one. looking at yours I may buy one in the future, it looks so cool, my only concern is how low it sits, specially because my car is already eating every driveway it finds
      04-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #81
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbosock View Post
The simple answer to price is "way too much". The Hamann bumper itself cannot be found for under 1700. That is unpainted. I also had my paint place eliminate the lights and the headlight washer holes, which was a lot of fiberglass labor. The total price is north of 3k with the added fiberglass work. If you want to keep the added lights and headlight washers it is dramatically cheaper. I think the lights that come with the bumper make it too busy and are totally unnecessary... so removing them was a must for me. This is a lot of money for a bumper lid and I might have not done it if I knew how much it was gonna cost when I started but I'm rarely rational when it comes to my car. =)

I will eventually connect the holes in the bumper to the brake vents. As the car sits right now it is stripped of plastic under panels and brake vents because the shop is still trying to get the color right. They do really good work and great paint matching but this fiberglass cover has proved to be difficult for them to paint match.
$1700 is not that much considering I paid $1900 for my Mugen CF front unpainted about 10 years ago. Painted to match was another $500. So in reality in 2012 $1700 is pretty cheap for this brand. It also makes the Z4 more modern to me. I like it!

Looks great IMO!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #82
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep

$1700 would be pretty cheap. I believe David's post states that he ended up spending over $3000. And, after seeing David's car in person cheap is not a word that should ever be used around it.
      04-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #83
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

I still need to try to align that upper edge. Gonna do that this weekend.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #84
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep

After putting on my APR I can't get the top of the passenger side to fit quite right. It's secure but the gap between the bumper and the fender is just a hair wider than it should be. I think I'm just gonna live with it for awhile. I need to spend more time enjoying the car and far less trying to get it fixed. Good luck with your's.
      05-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #85
jgkassebaum
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bright Red 2006 Z4

Garage List
I have been wanted to do that Mod. just could not find a bumper. You bought it from Hamann and you installed it? It looks fantastic! I'm up here in North County and would love to hook up and pick you brain. Thanks for sharing pic's
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #86
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

This bumper was a pain in the ars! I don't recommend it. Especially since its fiberglass. It still looks awesome but man what a pain!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #87
v8z4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 roadster

Looks like I'll be the odd man out on this one..... it's does NOT look good to me.

- It's too heavy looking in the front and doesn't flow with the lines of the car.
- The "massive" center section give is a "chin guard" look (like on a Spartan war helmet).
- For $3K+, I think there are many better mods to be had.

But, at the end of it all I'm glad you are liking it (since you paid for it/drive it)
      10-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #88
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8z4 View Post
Looks like I'll be the odd man out on this one..... it's does NOT look good to me.

- It's too heavy looking in the front and doesn't flow with the lines of the car.
- The "massive" center section give is a "chin guard" look (like on a Spartan war helmet).
- For $3K+, I think there are many better mods to be had.

But, at the end of it all I'm glad you are liking it (since you paid for it/drive it)
I like my Spartan war helmet. :P
Attached Images

Appreciate 0