ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 2.5

it might be this code

MEMORY_SP_ABKLAPPEN_GM OUTSIDE MIRROR TILT DOWN TO MEMORY POSITION IN REVERSE
2005 z4 2.5i/// Aero front bumper, m rear bumper,08 rear lights, custom quad exhaust, matte black front grill, OEM alarm, llumar security film,m wheels, HID lights, LED interior and trunk light,Ipod integration, stubby antenna,tein s-tech springsx
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #24
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Sure sounds right.
Man, you got this down!
My laptop is Win7 64-bit, so I had to install Windows Emulator and "Windows XP-mode".
NCS now runs, but it can't find the serial port.
Ran out of energy and ambition for the time being. I'll eventually get it working, but have to figure out whether EDIBAS can run in Win7 or if it has to be in the XP emulator, should I run the emulator first, then plug in the USB/OBD-II, do I have to disable COM1 in Win7 so it doesn't steal it from the emulator?
Do I have to buy the Wife a new laptop for Christmas and bag her old native XP laptop specifically for coding use? Yeppers!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #25
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 2.5

bro to be honest I don't know much about computers, I just putted the cd inside my computer and installed the program, wasn't that hard, did everything is 1 hour, for some reason it did not finished installing but ncs is working the only program that is not working is the GT1.
2005 z4 2.5i/// Aero front bumper, m rear bumper,08 rear lights, custom quad exhaust, matte black front grill, OEM alarm, llumar security film,m wheels, HID lights, LED interior and trunk light,Ipod integration, stubby antenna,tein s-tech springsx
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #26
MHeavNC
Turd in the Punch Bowl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i /// 2008 M Coupe

How does your system sound now.. Does it sound close to your old roadster? Seem like I remember you having one..... This sure beats all of the amp switching and dealer coding if it worked out..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #27
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeavNC
How does your system sound now.. Does it sound close to your old roadster? Seem like I remember you having one..... This sure beats all of the amp switching and dealer coding if it worked out..
Honestly I don't remember but I do believe it is pretty close. The rear output now sounds close to what the roadster did. So I believe it's pretty close if not perfect. Overall very happy. No more frumpy bass coming from the back. Tight and controlled now and mainly coming from the front mid drivers.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #28
MHeavNC
Turd in the Punch Bowl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i /// 2008 M Coupe

Cool man!! Put the DSP to Jazzclub and you will get some more thump.. Also set the speed sensitive volume control to 1 if you want it to stay consistent.. (You probably already knew this). Glad it worked out.. I still need my amp coded for Navi so I can use my EQ.. Might have to take a look at your solution also.. BTW, setting fader to the rear does make the bass disappear for some reason.. It is exactly the same for my wife's car.. She has the exact same system as you... Trust me, you actually added more power to the rear subs.. That is the only way they will function properly.. They are underpowered with the stock e86 coding..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
gtMc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
OP -glad it seems you got it working, and that you are getting results. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
That probably requires a motor that the Z doesn't have.
I've heard tale of getting the mirrors to tip and look down at the curb when you put it in reverse.
That's something I'd like, and we do have a motor for that.
^ yes this does exist, i have it on my 540. but to anothers point, i doubt we have the motors installed in ours, weight savings....