ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-08-2022, 02:02 PM   #1
gutus
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 535i

afe Intake Install Question

On the main housing, there is a hole at the bottom that looks like it should align with a bolt on the frame of the car that holds a rubber piece to support the stock airbox. However, the hole does not line up with the bolt (see attached image). It is off by 2 inches or so. All the other bolts line up with their respective holes. I know there are different versions of the intake for the other models of this generation. Could I have been delivered the wrong version of the housing?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 03:00 PM   #2
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

I ran into a similar problem, you need to remove the rubber bumper, loosen off all the other mounting screws and see if you can persuaded the sheet metal to fit.
I stretched it over, it's certainly not ideal but the top still fits nicely.
Attached Images

12-08-2022, 09:21 PM   #3
gutus
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 535i

Thanks for your response. Everything still fits great. It’s more of an annoyance of having the hole not lined up. There wasn’t a nut included to screw over that bolt so I guess it isn’t really a big deal.

I kept the rubber piece because it’s supposed to help quell the vibrating metal sound that some folks have experienced.
Appreciate 1