ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #89
SlikM
First Lieutenant
SlikM's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to SlikM
I'm looking to put some Apec Arc8s on my Alpine White MC. Going to go with the 18x9/18x10 staggered set up and the eibach .08 springs with PSS tires.

Only question is matte bronze or antracite. Anybody have AW with either of these colors in wheel they could share?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #90
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Brigadier General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
1291
Rep
4,690
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
I'm looking to put some Apec Arc8s on my Alpine White MC. Going to go with the 18x9/18x10 staggered set up and the eibach .08 springs with PSS tires.

Only question is matte bronze or antracite. Anybody have AW with either of these colors in wheel they could share?
Sorry to bump this old thread!

We do have a few pictures with those finishes:

Heres Anthracite:






I don't have any shots of Matte Bronze on Z4s, but I do have some on an E46 M3:





Let me know if you have any questions!

-Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 02:18 PM   #91
SlikM
First Lieutenant
SlikM's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to SlikM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
I'm looking to put some Apec Arc8s on my Alpine White MC. Going to go with the 18x9/18x10 staggered set up and the eibach .08 springs with PSS tires.

Only question is matte bronze or antracite. Anybody have AW with either of these colors in wheel they could share?
Sorry to bump this old thread!

We do have a few pictures with those finishes:

Heres Anthracite:






I don't have any shots of Matte Bronze on Z4s, but I do have some on an E46 M3:





Let me know if you have any questions!

-Tom
Thanks Tom! Do you happen to know if the Z4M that you shared has the staggered setup or square? Lowered it not?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #92
86Zed
Get off my lawn
86Zed's Avatar
United_States
456
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
Thanks Tom! Do you happen to know if the Z4M that you shared has the staggered setup or square? Lowered it not?
I don't happen to know the exact wheel specs, however the Z4 coupe is certainly lowered. Hard to tell if it is springs or coilovers, owner is likely lurking on these forums somewhere.

I run APEX 18x9 et30 front, 18x10 et25 rear (lowered on KW coilovers) - common setup you should not have any issues
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #93
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Brigadier General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
1291
Rep
4,690
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
Thanks Tom! Do you happen to know if the Z4M that you shared has the staggered setup or square? Lowered it not?
The white Z4M is running the following setup: 18x9.5" ET35 and 18x10" ET25 Anthracite ARC-8's with a 5mm wheel spacer in the front to help the tire to clear the strut. He is running 275/35-18 Conti slicks and is lowered on Ground Control coilovers. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the car has been lowered or what the alignment specs are.

The 18x9 ET30 is a great front fitment for your car and will be a bit easier to fit than the 18x9.5. Depending on the tire size you run in the front, you may need a bit of additional negative camber with the 18x9 ET30 fitment.

thanks!

-Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #94
SlikM
First Lieutenant
SlikM's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to SlikM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
Thanks Tom! Do you happen to know if the Z4M that you shared has the staggered setup or square? Lowered it not?
The white Z4M is running the following setup: 18x9.5" ET35 and 18x10" ET25 Anthracite ARC-8's with a 5mm wheel spacer in the front for the tire to clear the strut. He is running 275/35-18 Conti slicks and is lowered on Ground Control coilovers. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the car has been lowered.

The 18x9 ET30 is a great front fitment for your car! depending on the tire size you run in the front, you may need a bit of additional negative camber.

thanks!

-Tom
This is Awesome, thanks all,

I was planning to go 18x9 up front with a 255/35/18 PSS

and 18x10 in rear with a 275/35/18.

I have eibach springs let the 0.8" drop
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #95
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Brigadier General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
1291
Rep
4,690
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
This is Awesome, thanks all,

I was planning to go 18x9 up front with a 255/35/18 PSS

and 18x10 in rear with a 275/35/18.

I have eibach springs let the 0.8" drop
We generally recommend a 235/40-18 tire for these wheels. You can run a 245/35-18 with a bit of additional negative camber, but fitting a 255 up front might be a bit more difficult.

In the rear, the 275/35-18 tires should be a great fit.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks
-Tom
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 06:52 PM   #96
couchflyer
Private
couchflyer's Avatar
No_Country
9
Rep
60
Posts

Drives: M Roadster; X4 M40i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
...Hyper Black APEX ARC-8 ...
itdnwiwbp, Hyper black with Interlogos Blue is an amazing combination.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 11:22 AM   #97
B328iC
Enlisted Member
United_States
6
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 97 328iC, 2003 Z4
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

OK stupid question time. 2003 Z4 completely stock.
Looking at a square set-up as I drive mine a lot and would like the option of rotating the tires to get a bit more life out of them.
What size wheel & tire combo will fit all 4 corners without crazy camber adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #98
dbarton62
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
530
Rep
1,934
Posts

Drives: 04ZR 3.0 6 speed VF SC
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kitchener Ontario Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B328iC View Post
OK stupid question time. 2003 Z4 completely stock.
Looking at a square set-up as I drive mine a lot and would like the option of rotating the tires to get a bit more life out of them.
What size wheel & tire combo will fit all 4 corners without crazy camber adjustments.
Certainly not a stupid question.
I donít have the answer but this thread has lotsa info.

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398990
__________________
Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting,RS4 MAF, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial BPV, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler, 42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.64LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.ST coils,Koni Yellows. Megan camber arms. Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #99
B328iC
Enlisted Member
United_States
6
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 97 328iC, 2003 Z4
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B328iC View Post
OK stupid question time. 2003 Z4 completely stock.
Looking at a square set-up as I drive mine a lot and would like the option of rotating the tires to get a bit more life out of them.
What size wheel & tire combo will fit all 4 corners without crazy camber adjustments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Certainly not a stupid question.
I don’t have the answer but this thread has lotsa info.

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398990
I was asking here as I love the look of the ARC-8 wheels. I figured someone would know what size wheel fits all 4 corners and how big you can go with the tires without problems as well. No crazy camber setting, no spacers preferred. Something I can drive every day and have fun when the road no longer is straight. Again the car is a 03 Z4 roadster with the 3.0 in it.

Last edited by B328iC; 03-21-2020 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #100
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Brigadier General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
1291
Rep
4,690
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B328iC View Post
I was asking here as I love the look of the ARC-8 wheels. I figured someone would know what size wheel fits all 4 corners and how big you can go with the tires without problems as well. No crazy camber setting, no spacers preferred. Something I can drive every day and have fun when the road no longer is straight. Again the car is a 03 Z4 roadster with the 3.0 in it.
While most enthusiasts run staggered setups on the z4 platform, you can definitely run square fitments, especially with the non-m z4. I typically recommend the 18x9 ET30 with 245/40-18 tires. This is a great option with a really concave profile in the arc-8 design. Alternatively, if you'd prefer a more conservative fitment, you can run the 18x8.5 ET35/ET38 with 235/40-18 tires.

-Tom
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 08:36 AM   #101
F360C
Major
United_States
182
Rep
1,199
Posts

Drives: E86 S54
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hoboken, NJ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
Thanks Tom! Do you happen to know if the Z4M that you shared has the staggered setup or square? Lowered it not?
Thats my car. It is on Ground Coilovers running basically as low as they can go with a 275/35/18 square set up.
__________________

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #102
B328iC
Enlisted Member
United_States
6
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 97 328iC, 2003 Z4
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
While most enthusiasts run staggered setups on the z4 platform, you can definitely run square fitments, especially with the non-m z4. I typically recommend the 18x9 ET30 with 245/40-18 tires. This is a great option with a really concave profile in the arc-8 design. Alternatively, if you'd prefer a more conservative fitment, you can run the 18x8.5 ET35/ET38 with 235/40-18 tires.

-Tom
Thanks for the response. Does it matter if the car has the M Sport suspension? I'm definitely looking to get the most rubber on the road as I have a tendency to drive aggressively from time to time. I just like the option to rotate my tires a square set-up allows me to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 05:53 PM   #103
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Brigadier General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
1291
Rep
4,690
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B328iC View Post
Thanks for the response. Does it matter if the car has the M Sport suspension? I'm definitely looking to get the most rubber on the road as I have a tendency to drive aggressively from time to time. I just like the option to rotate my tires a square set-up allows me to do.
Either of those options should clear the M-Sport suspension without any issues! Staggered would probably be the way to go if you wanted to maximize the overall amount of tire on the ground, but the rotatability of a square setup is always great to help even out tire wear.

-Tom
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 07:56 PM   #104
Sliktop
Private First Class
30
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Here is mine and I love this setup! I run same wheels/tires on my E46 M3.

Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 et35 Square
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 265/35/18 Square
Apex Spacers Front 5mm, Rear 12mm (I know you can't tell from this angle, but included for fitment)
Lowered on JRZ RS Ones and other fun bits.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #105
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Brigadier General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
1291
Rep
4,690
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliktop View Post
Here is mine and I love this setup! I run same wheels/tires on my E46 M3.

Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 et35 Square
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 265/35/18 Square
Apex Spacers Front 5mm, Rear 12mm (I know you can't tell from this angle, but included for fitment)
Lowered on JRZ RS Ones and other fun bits.
Looks great! Are you running additional negative camber in the front to fit the 265s?

-Tom
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
apex arc-8, track wheels, z4 m

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST