ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-24-2022, 08:30 AM   #485
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It's been proven that even if our exhausts are in "track", they are not fully open. The only way to have the exhaust fully open is to get rid of the NPP exhaust.

Whenever i'm done driving the C7Z, i put the exhaust to stealth because usually i'll forget to the next time i drive the car. And lately i been driving the car pretty early weekend mornings so i can enjoy the roads with no traffic and even with the exhaust in stealth, that first "spit" of the exhaust is still VERY loud. Then again i do have my secondary cats removed.

The car absolutely screams in track though. Especially with the auto rev matching. The downshifts are brutal. Love doing that in tunnels or when i'm approaching an overpass lol.
Do bubbles come our the tailpipes too? Or just KY? Genuinely interested.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #486
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Is it me or does this car look kind of homely with the all out aero package? Looks like something out of a Transformers movie. I kind of feel the simpler look of the regular C8 looks much better.
Me too. I like the C8 just plain, no doo-dads.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 09:03 AM   #487
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
There's some Z06 exhaust engineering info and data in this video linked below as well as some C8 e-Ray variant info.

Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      02-24-2022, 11:33 AM   #488
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
They must've changed their tune then.

When i inquired last summer about the C8 stingray, before i put an order for the M3C, and after they told me about the 12-18 month wait just for the stingray alone, i asked them about the z06 and they said, their list is soo long and people will drop out because of the markups.

The dude actually admitted that to me. I know GM sent a warning to all dealerships basically threatening dealers who will mark the car up that their allocations would be seized. So maybe they are selling at MSRP.

It doesn't matter as i put my deposit with macmulkin in fall of 2019. So way ahead of everyone else.

It's just a shame because i got my C7Z from kerbeck and even thought their sales team was a bit shitty, they gave me an awesome deal on the car. So i figured it's close to my house vs macmulkin, i could've gone there. But the rumors of 20+k markups early on, forced me to put my deposit with macmulkin.

Btw the C8Z MSRP will not be 120k lol.

It'll be at 100 or less.
You are getting terrible info about Cioccia Corvette.

They opened Z06 list for everyone at the same time. They capped the list at 4,000 reservations I believe.

I’m on the list as well.

They have promised to honor MSRP and so far they have been very transparent and responsive in my interactions with them.

You can also go on their site to view your spot in line as ppl have dropped off.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 11:43 AM   #489
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
There's some Z06 exhaust engineering info and data in this video linked below as well as some C8 e-Ray variant info.

Yes I saw that! Gm isn’t playing games with this car lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
You are getting terrible info about Cioccia Corvette.

They opened Z06 list for everyone at the same time. They capped the list at 4,000 reservations I believe.

I’m on the list as well.

They have promised to honor MSRP and so far they have been very transparent and responsive in my interactions with them.

You can also go on their site to view your spot in line as ppl have dropped off.
So Ron was bullshitting me when I inquired? Or was I dreaming?

I dealt with them before when they were kerbeck. They had shitty service and I only went there because I got a good deal on my c7z.

But once they transitioned into ciocca it seems that they got worse. Like their head became huge because they’re “the number 1 corvette dealer in the country”.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #490
R N M
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes I saw that! Gm isn’t playing games with this car lol

So Ron was bullshitting me when I inquired? Or was I dreaming?

I dealt with them before when they were kerbeck. They had shitty service and I only went there because I got a good deal on my c7z.

But once they transitioned into ciocca it seems that they got worse. Like their head became huge because they’re “the number 1 corvette dealer in the country”.
Not sure who Ron is but go on Corvette Forums and this dealer has stellar reputation with many positive reviews from real customers.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 02:46 PM   #491
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not sure who Ron is but go on Corvette Forums and this dealer has stellar reputation with many positive reviews from real customers.
Ron was my salesman. He’s still there.

I’m on the corvette forum. They actually trash the ciocca team lol
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 04:08 PM   #492
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:

See how that Rep is when they are selling over MSRP. Hopefully not, but I don't believe it until it happens
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 04:23 PM   #493
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
See how that Rep is when they are selling over MSRP. Hopefully not, but I don't believe it until it happens
Exactly.

There have been postings of actual corvette forum members stating that ciocca has said, "not guaranteed MSRP", even when they brought up GM giving warnings about it. They said something like, "even with the letter GM gave out?"

And ciocca still said, "yes" lol.

Ciocca doesn't give a shit about their customers.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #494
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly.

There have been postings of actual corvette forum members stating that ciocca has said, "not guaranteed MSRP", even when they brought up GM giving warnings about it. They said something like, "even with the letter GM gave out?"

And ciocca still said, "yes" lol.

Ciocca doesn't give a shit about their customers.
I think this goes for all dealers!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #495
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
The crazy part of these z06's going on their "tour" is a lot of these cold start ups are with the exhaust in "touring" which means if left in sport, it is MUCH louder.

Which is insane lol. It's crazy to think this was allowable in this day in age where sound is almost bad. And yet GM managed to get this car approved with how loud it is. Cold start up, idle, and acceleration.

I fucking can't wait to get mine!!!!!!
Hellcats got approved so no surprise. Money talks.

I have the valves on my Hellcat set to be open 24/7 regardless of mode or RPM. I hope I can do that on the Z
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 06:01 PM   #496
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think this goes for all dealers!!
Macmulkin has a better reputation than kerbeck though. And that was when kerbeck was still good. This ciocca people are reporting are even worse.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 10:26 PM   #497
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Is it me or does this car look kind of homely with the all out aero package? Looks like something out of a Transformers movie. I kind of feel the simpler look of the regular C8 looks much better.
You are not alone. It cheapens the look of the car. The standard Z06 without the Z07 package looks far better, in my opinion. Which is too bad because the Z07 package on the C7 Z06 made it look better (more muscular).
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Humdizzle6072.00
      02-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #498
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

I have to say part of me now wishes I had waited for the C8 but I could not do it without a stick

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1645832315
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
AlexFL7837.00
jmack548.50
      02-25-2022, 05:39 PM   #499
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

2019 Z06 M7 Watkins Glen Grey ( now retired color)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 06:49 PM   #500
R N M
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Here is a 300+ Page thread on Cioccia Corvette.
Great info and very positive feedback on dealer.

Show me where someone is saying negative stuff?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-z06-zr1-eray-zora-discussion/4547330-all-things-ciocca-mega-merge.html?ispreloading=1
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:34 PM   #501
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here is a 300+ Page thread on Cioccia Corvette.
Great info and very positive feedback on dealer.

Show me where someone is saying negative stuff?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ispreloading=1
They can't post negative stuff in that thread or it gets locked/members get banned.

Just search other threads you'll see where people question their credibility. Especially since ciocca took over.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 11:57 AM   #502
R N M
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
They can't post negative stuff in that thread or it gets locked/members get banned.

Just search other threads you'll see where people question their credibility. Especially since ciocca took over.
Lol ok sure
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:15 PM   #503
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Lol ok sure
Dealers actively try to cheat you or take advantage of every single person they can. It's sickening and it's what's wrong with the auto industry. This is why Tesla and similar brands are gaining so much ground so fast. No one wants to deal with this ****.

I had a dealer try to pull this exact same stunt, try to claim the price online the car was offered for wasn't "really" the price. After I negotiated, removed the "markups" they were trying to include, the "online" prices all of a sudden included the 5-7K dealer markup fees a few days later. There's plenty of other stuff going wrong in this case here, but the point it's not unique and it shouldn't come to this: https://www.providencejournal.com/st...ta/9426491002/

IME, it doesn't really matter what the make is, it's all of them, from the dealer here trying to sell an M2 5 years back for 80K plus or whatever to how they lie and make false claims.
Donatello.1083.50
      03-09-2022, 03:53 PM   #504
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Quote:
Lol ok sure
Dealers actively try to cheat you or take advantage of every single person they can. It's sickening and it's what's wrong with the auto industry. This is why Tesla and similar brands are gaining so much ground so fast. No one wants to deal with this ****.

I had a dealer try to pull this exact same stunt, try to claim the price online the car was offered for wasn't "really" the price. After I negotiated, removed the "markups" they were trying to include, the "online" prices all of a sudden included the 5-7K dealer markup fees a few days later. There's plenty of other stuff going wrong in this case here, but the point it's not unique and it shouldn't come to this: https://www.providencejournal.com/st...ta/9426491002/

IME, it doesn't really matter what the make is, it's all of them, from the dealer here trying to sell an M2 5 years back for 80K plus or whatever to how they lie and make false claims.
Amen brother. All f-n scumbags!!!!! Going to be a lot of sad people waiting for their Z-06 at MSRP. 😵
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      03-09-2022, 04:26 PM   #505
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post

I'm going to find the thread where someone contacted ciocca asking about the C8Z at MSRP and they said "NO!". Then the person said, "even with the warning GM stated?" And they said, "yes".

So ciocca basically doesn't give a fuck. And i know, i dealt with them when they were kerbeck. So if they were a bit shady then, they're probably 100x worse now. Not saying the entire dealership is shit but that place does have their sour apples. I've dealt with them when i got my C7Z because they gave me a good price. But the overall dealer experience was pretty shitty. And i've done my fair share of leasing/financing in the past so i can compare.

Then i heard they want to add on "mandatory options" like PPF and all that bullshit for the C8Z at around 20-25k lol. Which is basically your hidden markup lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 04:27 PM   #506
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Amen brother. All f-n scumbags!!!!! Going to be a lot of sad people waiting for their Z-06 at MSRP. ��
Macmulkin put in writing, "to be sold at MSRP". We all know this.

All of their current 2000+ people on the wait list are holding them accountable for that statement.

Their reputation is better than ciocca. That's why i decided to use mac instead of ciocca for this corvette purchase.

Will update for sure when i get mine on my experience with the C8Z delivery.
Appreciate 0