ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 M coupe

My m coupe has been at the dealer since April. WTF!

Guys. BMW Canada is pretty crappy on service. And T&C BMW, WTF!

As some of u know the screws on the cams snapped off and the valves bent etc.... So it's been sitting there since April. They give me a shitty 3 series to drive around.

Apparently the sensor says that there is excess vibration coming from the engine. The shop foreman was nice enough to point that out because he has integrity. I respect that. My service rep had left that dealership. And the mechanic that was on my car left that dealer too. Kinda funny but sad.

So I call BMW Canada. Nice guy on the phone. But it's been stalling for a while. I email BMW Germany. No response. I called BMW Canada and they said that they were waiting for test results from the dealer. This is pretty shitty customer service. Just change the damn engine.

Anyway. Just wanted to update all on the f ing good service that BMW has. And I will never get another BMW again. It's my first and final BMW. After they fix it up. I'm gonna mod it up with a supercharger and etc.... And drive the shit out of it on track haha.

If they dont fix it up soon I'm gonna get my lawyer to give them a friendly letter....maybe sue them. If possible. Feeling kinda helpless. Looks like I'll be a porsche and merc driver forever. Haha.

Damn my super sprint headers, xpipe, cats, mufflers have been sitting at the shop all paid for already for the summer. PHUCK BMW!

Am I the only guy with a z4 m that got screwed?

Moving on.... 2012 gtr or p gt3 rs. I figure the gtr would be good for the winter too.

H&R Coilovers, BBS LM-R 19's, K&N Drop Filter.
SS step headers, race cats, x pipe, sport mufflers
Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
wildag
///M'n it Up
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 ///M Roadster

In the US, you'd have a lemon law case on your hands. Very easy to find a lawyer and take BMW NA to court.

I'm sure Canada has the same consumer protection laws available.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Sorry to hear man,
This is a bad sistuation for sure.

The GT3 RS or the GTR would be next level for sure. Two cars I would like to get some seat time in.
      08-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

And I though I was getting the run around being made to wait 3 weeks for a new Style 108 rim to get shipped from Germany!

That totally sucks and is NOT acceptable for a premium car like a BMW. You are in a larger city, aren't you? Can you have the car brought to another nearby BMW dealer who may be able to provide better service?

Alternatively, go into the dealer and SCREAM that unless they commit to get this fixed by Friday, you are going to a lawyer today.

Assuming the car is still under warranty, this is breach of BMW's warranty contract, plain and simple. I see the car is a 2006; is the warranty getting close to expiration? Could the delay be related to BMW being reluctant to put through a large warrranty claim late in the warranty period?

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Not sure about lemon laws. Had the car since early 2007. No problems. Fun car. Responsive and for that performance the price was fair.

You'd expect BMW to respect this car a bit more. It's not an exotic but it's car that I'm sure they wanted to keep enthusiats talking about. So why screw the car lover. Change the engine and give the car lover what he wants.

I guess all that talk about BMW the drivers car is bs. It's still money that makes the world turn. Don't they understand that people that love cars will spend money on the car and eventually marry the brand if they can keep up the hype, quality, service?

They just lost a well paying customer. Haha.

They should take some lessons from patek phillipe.

I get great service for my porsche. Don't mind paying even though I know they're over charging. Just give my my car in the condition it's supposed to be in. Haha.

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

It's got 14000km. Never seen snow. Tracked once lightly. It's an 2006. Bought it off the showroom and paid full price. They gave me some BMW shirts and shit. I still took it cause it's a good looker haha.

The warranty is over in august haha.

I had an Audi a4 before and that was a good car beside people bashing it's quality all the time haha. I have a Lexus sc400 since 95 and that car still runs great haha. Dunno what to say. Sorry for being bitter guys. Dunno what to do but send them a lawyer letterr and wait and hope for the best haha. Maybe my lawyer will have better ideas. The shop forman was telling me a few months back that BMW changed it's structure. Before he had authority to change the engine if needed.

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Searching the web for parts u know that BMW Canada is ripping u off but. Hey support ur own country right? The cf oem spoiler was selling for around 300usd. I paid 500 plus for it at the TOwn and country dealer. I paid around 500 for the front strut bar. Like I said I don't mind paying more. The Canadian dollar was almost at par with usd. So there's no excuse for us in Canada to pay that much over our brothers in the USA. Haha but I still gave them a good margin. So phuck BMW.

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

My BMW OEM hard wind deflector was over a grand from a Canadian dealer. I got it from BMW Cleveland, shipped to the house, for around $400 if I recall. And I saved $600 on a set of tires from Tire Rack in the US.

I guess most big companies see Canadians as being too stupid to complain about the premium prices here.

Cheers,

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I think the best approach would be to ask for a meeting with the service manager and branch manager to CALMLY express your concerns, and suggest what you believe to be a reasonable course of action.

I get involved in negotiations between companies at my work and beleive me, when one party gets their temper involved, even if their position is reaonable, folks just shut down.

And even if they don't agree with you, your position wil be stronger if you have to engage a lawyer.

I truly believe though, that if your position is reasonable as you say, if you have some warranty left, they will see that they have no choice but to step up in a timely way. After all, labor day weekend is coming up in two weeks. Its time for resolution of this.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
They should have just ordered an S54 from Germany and be done with it.
      08-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

The dealer gets to claim for warranty jobs right? Dealer getting greedy? Dunno what they are thinking but it's definitely not customer. They are always very nice when selling the crap cars ha ha.

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

If BMW puts ads an publicizes that they are enthusiastic about driving then give dealerships to people that are passionate about them. Don't just let the dealers ruin the reputation of the brand. Or is it false advertising? Or has the economic crisis changed their agendas. Just build hyundais then.

The shop foreman promised me he'd push for a new engine. I trust him. But like I said BMW no more ha ha. Too bad. They are great designs but a real turn off on their companies marketing strategy. I expected better from them.

Germans lost the culture coming to north America? Haha.

I ordered pogggen pohl for my new house. Great service. I ordered miele. Great service. Ordered my windows from Germany. They flew a guy in from Germany to install them. So what went wrong with BMW Germany? Haha. Can't even get me a 15k new engine that we all paid for in their profit margins. Haha.

Maybe I'll go to the boring but reliable Japanese cars. Haha. Nope. Just kidding.

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Gotta stop bitchen sorry guys haha. I'm gonna see their response. If I'm not happy I'll sue them. Hope the lawyer can find some shit to get them back. But BMW prob gets a lot of letters and puts them aside. Feel so weak. Consumer protection?

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #14
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

it almost looks like youre talking to yourself here, with all these long posts in a row

Don't be mad at BMW, take your anger out on the dealer. Call BMW of Canada, and tell them the situation
      08-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #15
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah. You're right haha. Just needed to vent it out haha. We will see what they do.

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 02:01 AM   #16
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Seriously buddy, time to consult with a lawyer. They're not honoring the the warranty and you've now lost almost 6 months of enjoyment of the car, with no resolution in sight. The dealer is rather powerless unless BMW approves a warranty claim. But are they really going to bat for you? Or just screwing around? Your car is dead, what steps, exactly, has the dealer used to put forward a claim to have this fixed? They've had months to "try" and fix it. Clearly they can't. So what remedy is BMW offering?

Time for action--before the warranty "runs out" and they find a way to really screw you.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #17
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]

Time to get someone else involved. 5+ months is just nuts. What are they doing, sending each part over one at a time by boat?

I would work to get a date set that your car will be ready by, have them honor that date and work with BMW NA to get that date set. (whatever the main BMW place is for issues with car/dealer that are not being resolved locally) The date has to meet both your and the dealership needs. Get legal council involved as well. Get everything in writing too.

I also think that BMW should extend your warranty for every day that it has sat in the dealership as well in this instance. It's not like it's just been in for a week or two.. or a day here, there over time.

Either way, good luck!

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #18
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

wow...reading this thread scares the $&*! out of me with my inspection 2 coming up soon!

that REALLY sucks shitbrown. I'm REALLY sorry to read about this. I hope you find a good lawyer and get a new engine PLUS new car or something. that's so bogus!!!
      08-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

You would think that some enterprising sales person would try to get you interested in a current model year Z4 at a plum price with a good trade for your ailing Z4MC.

There's a potential solution, assuming of course that the parties can agree on price and you like the 2010 / 2011 Z4.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 08-24-2010 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
You would think that some enterprising sales person would try to get you interested in a current model year Z4 at a plum price with a good trade for your ailing Z4MC.

There's a potential solution, assuming of course that the parties can agree on price and you like the 2010 / 2011 Z4.
That's a pretty creative solution Huz! If the 10/11 were similar then it would be a slam dunk. But the N54 engine isn't without a lot of issues (failed high pressure fuel pump after fuel pump) and the thing weighs, if I'm not mistaken, about 500-600 pounds more than the Z4M. Totally different car for a totally different type driver (luxury, comfort, heavy cruiser vs. hardcore sports car). A person who likes the Z4M just isn't going to like a 10/11 Z4 IMO. I could always be wrong though!

I hope I'm not coming off here as an **s for saying that. It really is a creative solution, and if the cars were alike it would be a slam dunk.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #21
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
That's a pretty creative solution Huz! If the 10/11 were similar then it would be a slam dunk. But the N54 engine isn't without a lot of issues (failed high pressure fuel pump after fuel pump) and the thing weighs, if I'm not mistaken, about 500-600 pounds more than the Z4M. Totally different car for a totally different type driver (luxury, comfort, heavy cruiser vs. hardcore sports car). A person who likes the Z4M just isn't going to like a 10/11 Z4 IMO. I could always be wrong though!

I hope I'm not coming off here as an **s for saying that. It really is a creative solution, and if the cars were alike it would be a slam dunk.
Thanks Finnegan! I suggested it while recognizing that many of us 2003-2008 Z4 / Z4M owners are not fond of the 2009+ cars. I suspect that shitbrown (geez, what a name!) may be of the same view, but I thought I should suggest it just in case he may like the current car!

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #22
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep

yeah thanks for the help guys, I did think of dumping the shitbrown piece of shit... but it's still a great car to drive around. And I don't like all the luxury. Like it the way it is. If it had non power windows it'd be better haha... that's why I didn't want the navi system on it.

I don't like the look of the new M3, and after this experience with quality service, I'm not touching another one. The cars are great, but service is really crappy indeed.

All car makers have issues. The door on my porsche was offline, and they fixed it up for free even after warranty was over. One of my aquantainces had a merc s500, the transmission broke down and merc replaced the car for him.... so what's with BMW... like I can understand BMW PHUCKING around with an owner of an X3, or 318... but come on, give some respect to the z4 M owner... we don't buy this car for it's looks

Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0