ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #23
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Hey ryanchua. I got the exhaust in!! Some issues at the moment but the tuner and KKS are working it out. I was able to take it to the track on the weekend and use a manual switch under the car which worked out just fine. Removed the temptation to bust it open on the long drive up at least.

The pipes on mine have coloured heaps differently to yours! The outer pipes are still completely chrome and the inner "open" pipes are a deep gold colour. Crazy! Looks like nothing I've seen before.

Some track vid:

Info on the vid:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=499193
2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 04:03 AM   #24
ryanchua
Z4MC Sapphire Black
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 570-4SL

Sweet man your car sounds like a freaking high rev monster with that VT unit.

Awesome work.

BMW.SG - Singapore's Ultimate BMW Enthusiast Community
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #25
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep

Hahaha... yeah it's totally insane. The VT2 kit will be a work of art if it works. Here's a pic of the tips.
Attached Images

2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #26
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

not bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 05:16 AM   #27
Rombbb
Private
Rep

Cool, I have the KKS as well. Was mounted already on the Z4M when I bought it. Glad it was, what crazy sound

If I shift down to third when approaching a tunnel, then step on it, I really have to mind other cars that they don't jump scare and drive into the barrier :-)

Do you know how much Db it makes opened up ?

Was wondering how illegal it is. Or whether it is illegal at all, when the cops say "whoaaa I heard you, that was loud !" and they do a Db test and nothing comes out of it because the pipes are closed up.

My button is out of sight behind the steering wheel. I guess it all depends on whether the coppers know there is valve in the muffles. Unfortunately that's pretty easily noticed for someone looking for it. But even then, when closed it's inside the limits. It's the same as simply screwing a db limiter on the back of a pipe and then having it re-approved. You can also simply remove such a limiter, just like pressing the KKS button (ok, the button is a bit easier but still).

Just worried they will confiscate the whole unit.

The install was approved by the German authorities at the time as the documentation that came with the car confirms.
Appreciate 0