ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #23
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
$24-$28k would be my guess on such little detail.

Non-nav would add some value. Bone stock adds (or retains) value. Documented history adds value. Premium package is important. Extended leather would add some value - very rare and desirable. Etc.
It's actually a member here selling their Z4 M. Didn't want to put out his name but a quick look at sales section you can tell which one I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 01:39 AM   #24
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Well there are a few out there I'm Interested in but this one has cought my attention from mileage and costs. Would do you guys think?? All responses welcomed.
https://www.autoparkdallas.com/2008-...-75001/6539149
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 01:59 AM   #25
Kazansky
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
Well there are a few out there I'm Interested in but this one has cought my attention from mileage and costs. Would do you guys think?? All responses welcomed.
Looks good, at $25K will be even better. I like that it is in the South and not exposed to salt and snow.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #26
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Fair but not great asking price at that mileage. Questionable aftermarket wheels. Aftermarket airbox is of questionable value, and makes me wonder how the previous owner(s) treated the car. Passenger door looks repainted - I'd be VERY concerned about that and would want to see some history of body work/paint. Could also just be the lighting though. Has navigation which is an absolute no-go for me, but others like it or don't mind it.

This car might be ok if there is good historical documentation - but if there's little or none, I'd walk.
      12-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #27
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fair but not great asking price at that mileage. Questionable aftermarket wheels. Aftermarket airbox is of questionable value, and makes me wonder how the previous owner(s) treated the car. Passenger door looks repainted - I'd be VERY concerned about that and would want to see some history of body work/paint. Could also just be the lighting though. Has navigation which is an absolute no-go for me, but others like it or don't mind it.

This car might be ok if there is good historical documentation - but if there's little or none, I'd walk.

Carfax dates all the way back to 2008 and is nicely detailed. Shows 2 accidents one in 2008 to the rear bumper and one in 2014 to the front bumper. Emailed them to see if I can get more details on it so we'll see. Both seem to be cosmetic damages. How much would this effect price?? $22-23k???
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #28
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
There seems to be some naysayers here. Item one, this will not be a collector grade car given the history and mods, otherwise it looks to be a stellar deal.

Excellent color combo with carbon trim and extended leather to boot! Apex and Stromung are reputable brands and routine modifications by most owners. Figure out what brand the headers are or plan on reverting to stock (can find these for cheap).

Check the recent maintenance for Inspection I/II, engine mounts and other rubber items that tend to go near this age. Get a solid PPI and history on the accident, lowball if you want but I bet this sells.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #29
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Quote:
Quote:

Aftermarket wheels, intake, and exhaust have nothing to do with how the car was treated. In fact, we could guess that because they are some of the most popular and reputable aftermarket companies, that it was owned by an enthusiast who may very well have taken better care of it than you do of yours.

To the OP, accidents and paintwork are really the only things worth mentioning in this case that would affect the value. Maintenance history is always a plus, but of little value if it has either of the two previous issues.

EDIT: It looks like this car: https://wheelwell.com/shane-weinstoc.../2008-bmw-z4-m

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i

Last edited by Rated M Roadster; 12-13-2018 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
86Zed924.50
      12-13-2018, 01:16 AM   #30
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
Aftermarket wheels, intake, and exhaust have nothing to do with how the car was treated. In fact, we could guess that because they are some of the most popular and reputable aftermarket companies, that it was owned by an enthusiast who may very well have taken better care of it than you do of yours.

To the OP, accidents and paintwork are really the only things worth mentioning in this case that would affect the value. Maintenance history is always a plus, but of little value if it has either of the two previous issues.

EDIT: It looks like this car: https://wheelwell.com/shane-weinstoc.../2008-bmw-z4-m
Yup does seem that is the same car. Gonna ask $23k plus I do have to get it shipped to California. She's def nice on the eyes we'll see where it all goes. Thanks for the response.

Last edited by Bimmer28312; 12-13-2018 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #31
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

At 70k miles what are the typical recent and near future maintenances these car should have and need?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 01:52 AM   #32
mainsoda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M coupe

I think this car is pretty great.

Personally I like mods becuase they do lower the perceived value to purists while you get an improved car. This is how my car was when I bought it and it was significantly lower priced than a stock car AND I got super light weight Dinan wheels, Dinan strut brace, Brembo brakes, RPI exhaust, and on and on...

(pic for proof)

The quality of mods is subjective, but I love the mods done to this white one.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #33
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainsoda View Post
I think this car is pretty great.

Personally I like mods becuase they do lower the perceived value to purists while you get an improved car. This is how my car was when I bought it and it was significantly lower priced than a stock car AND I got super light weight Dinan wheels, Dinan strut brace, Brembo brakes, RPI exhaust, and on and on...

(pic for proof)

The quality of mods is subjective, but I love the mods done to this white one.

Def a good looking M. I just found a similar BLK one but all the way in Florida and not to comfortable with 106k miles but she is gorgeous http://www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/listing?ListingID=18724
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #34
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Well I'm 90% sure I'll be pulling the trigger on this Z4m if they accept my $25k offer. Thoughts??

http://www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/l...istingID=18586
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #35
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Also, if anyone can answer this question. The car come with headers from superaprint. Anyone from Cali have smog issues with these??
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #36
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well I'm 90% sure I'll be pulling the trigger on this Z4m if they accept my $25k offer. Thoughts??
My 2c after digging in a bit more ...

Passenger door looks to be *possibly* repainted, and rear M badge is not in proper location, shifted slightly to the left of factory position. Both would seem to point to some body and/or paint work. I say "possibly" on the pax door because lighting plays tricks with paint on these cars - in the first shot it looks wonky, but in the later shot taken looking straight at the door, it looks OK. The rear badge definitely isn't right though, so something is up there.

"lowered on springs" - what does that mean? Is it on lowering springs, with original OEM shocks with 73k miles on them? If so, they're definitely shot and will need replacing - with a proper shock to match the lowering springs. And the brakes - how much wear is left? If you happen to buy a car that's about to need brakes, it's a VERY expensive job on these cars, mainly because the rotors are crazy-expensive. Another possible sticking point (or good negotiating point).

Other than those things - looks really clean. Are maintenance records available? If so, and if it was kept up properly (with record of 1200-mile service, plus Inspection 1 & 2), that would be huge to me. If not - then it's a 73k-mile crapshoot on the motor.

I'd ask some questions about the above, and if nothing scared me off, offer $22k and see what they counter with, then not go above $23.5k. The fact that they're only asking $25,995 makes me think that they don't have much invested in it and there should be room to negotiate. Good luck!

EDIT: Free Carfax linked from their site. That's cool. But - damage reported in October of this year - "damage to front". That could be almost anything, from very minor to worrisome. And damage to rear in 2014 - well that would explain the badge location being off. I would want to eyeball that repair very closely before buying.

Last edited by KevinC; 12-26-2018 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #37
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My 2c after digging in a bit more ...

Passenger door looks to be *possibly* repainted, and rear M badge is not in proper location, shifted slightly to the left of factory position. Both would seem to point to some body and/or paint work. I say "possibly" on the pax door because lighting plays tricks with paint on these cars - in the first shot it looks wonky, but in the later shot taken looking straight at the door, it looks OK. The rear badge definitely isn't right though, so something is up there.

"lowered on springs" - what does that mean? Is it on lowering springs, with original OEM shocks with 73k miles on them? If so, they're definitely shot and will need replacing - with a proper shock to match the lowering springs. And the brakes - how much wear is left? If you happen to buy a car that's about to need brakes, it's a VERY expensive job on these cars, mainly because the rotors are crazy-expensive. Another possible sticking point (or good negotiating point).

Other than those things - looks really clean. Are maintenance records available? If so, and if it was kept up properly (with record of 1200-mile service, plus Inspection 1 & 2), that would be huge to me. If not - then it's a 73k-mile crapshoot on the motor.

I'd ask some questions about the above, and if nothing scared me off, offer $22k and see what they counter with, then not go above $23.5k. The fact that they're only asking $25,995 makes me think that they don't have much invested in it and there should be room to negotiate. Good luck!

EDIT: Free Carfax linked from their site. That's cool. But - damage reported in October of this year - "damage to front". That could be almost anything, from very minor to worrisome. And damage to rear in 2014 - well that would explain the badge location being off. I would want to eyeball that repair very closely before buying.
No repaint on the door just lighting on that specific pic. But there was work done on the front and back bumper which explains the misplaced M badge. Glad you caught that because it would of drove me nuts. The damage done to the front and back were minor totaling $3k in repairs no intrusion caused or anything. I'm gonna have to ask about the lowering springs as well all good points.
Thanks bud appreciate all your comments.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #38
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sounds like you might be closing in on a deal. Good luck!