ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Inside or outside application?
I'd like mine on the OUTSIDE of the window 11 42.31%
I'd like mine on the INSIDE of the window 6 23.08%
I'll take BOTH! 7 26.92%
I'm not interested in stickers right now, thanks! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

02-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Zpost stickers - Inside or outside application?

For those of you that are interested in ordering Zpost stickers, would you please indicate whether you would like your stickers to be on the outside of your window or the inside of your window.

If you're interested in purchasing more than one and would like both, please vote for 'Both'!

Note: External application will read correctly and can also be used on laptops, tool boxes, etc. whereas inside application will read backwards and only be able to be used on the inside of a window.

THANKS!
Attached Images

Last edited by Nikki; 02-11-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

More votes I get the faster I can determine approximate numbers to place the order!!

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I figure with many of us who have tints, outside would be more popular...
      02-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Agree, for me I prefer the inside even with tint so it doesn't get dirty and isn't as conspicuous. The outside is good too though since it has multiple applications.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Can I suggest getting a quote for an initial batch and then distributing those? Once they start appearing on cars, more people will want them.

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_riddler View Post
Can I suggest getting a quote for an initial batch and then distributing those? Once they start appearing on cars, more people will want them.
Yes, I'm getting a quote right now but wanted to see what proportion to get as far as orientation goes. i.e. 60/40, 70/30, etc.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
45ACP
Long Live the 1911
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Garage List
Inside application which uses static cling instead of adhesives.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
Inside application which uses static cling instead of adhesives.
Sorry but for now I will only off die cut vinyl stickers. It's much more expensive to use different methods and applications.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

what does this sticker look like Nikki?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
what does this sticker look like Nikki?
See thread here:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481128

Also added to first post

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

didnt you say they were much better than the original ones you posted? they look about the exact same to me. also if they're going to be adhesive vinyl, i dont care whether inside or outside the car, if it's going to leave that adhesive mess anyway. i would guess most people would say outside if that's the case. for the sake of more applications. i assumed you meant the inside meant static cling
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
didnt you say they were much better than the original ones you posted? they look about the exact same to me. also if they're going to be adhesive vinyl, i dont care whether inside or outside the car, if it's going to leave that adhesive mess anyway. i would guess most people would say outside if that's the case. for the sake of more applications. i assumed you meant the inside meant static cling
These were redrawn to be cleaner/crisper image for printing and I am using a better method of printing in order to ensure a higher level of quality. It is costing me more but it will look much better in the end.

The stickers will be adhesive, and must be for the external application. They can be removed with goo gone. For the inside application, I agree that a static cling would be best but cost-wise it isn't efficient. As it is, even with quantities in the 100-150 range, the cost is very high and I don't want to end up losing money on this or having to charge too much for them. Most people that have stickers like this produced are ordering thousands.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
These were redrawn to be cleaner/crisper image for printing and I am using a better method of printing in order to ensure a higher level of quality. It is costing me more but it will look much better in the end.

The stickers will be adhesive, and must be for the external application. They can be removed with goo gone. For the inside application, I agree that a static cling would be best but cost-wise it isn't efficient. As it is, even with quantities in the 100-150 range, the cost is very high and I don't want to end up losing money on this or having to charge too much for them. Most people that have stickers like this produced are ordering thousands.
ahhh, i see. i believe more people will start responding once this becomes reality. we showed apr our buying strength! hopefully more buyers will come around.

i understand, and thank you for spending your free time to help us all out.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

No problem, and I'm really happy with the direction things are going right now. I was explaining the stickers and more about Zpost to the woman who is helping me out and she was very excited since she owns a BMW herself and her last three cars have all been BMWs. She said she knew right away that as BMW owners, we would want something of high quality and durability to match that of our vehicles.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #15
Jbs
The Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC BSM/Black extended

Id be down to pick one up. Outside only for me though, I have tint and you wouldnt be able to see it through the reflection.

John Batte Photography / Flickr / Facebook
2007 ///M Coupe BSM/Black Extended/Loaded | RPi GT Exhaust w/custom gloss black tips | KW V3 | Michelin PSS 245/265 | Pinnacle F1 Tint 35% | ZHP Shift Knob
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
lstratos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Since you're offering an inside, I would take 4 inside, as I'm not tinted and I'm gonna throw one up on my acura is inside for sure, should I post on the other thread ?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstratos View Post
Since you're offering an inside, I would take 4 inside, as I'm not tinted and I'm gonna throw one up on my acura is inside for sure, should I post on the other thread ?
I am taking a poll to gauge interest but I don't know if I will be able to offer inside as well since the cost will likely be very high. I'll have details soon.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
lstratos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Ok no prob.. I just dont want it outside and have people rip it off or something..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstratos View Post
Ok no prob.. I just dont want it outside and have people rip it off or something..
I haven't seen the final product yet so I'm not positive, but from what I understand if you try and take off this sticker it will not come off in one piece so whoever tries to take it won't be very successful. I'd doubt anyone would try to do that anyway though...unless you have enemies that want to vandalize your car?

Appreciate 0