ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
TitaniumZ4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Light Control Module VIN Coding E85 3.0 2003

Just purchased a 2003 Z4 3.0. The drivers side headlight and taillight would not work (intermittently). After checking the bulbs, wiring on the car, and checking online, the best guess was replacing the light control module. Purchased a used one with matching serial numbers and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I have an airbag error now. The error is for mismatch of VIN numbers for several (not all) of the airbags. Can the LCM be recoded? Has anyone dealt with this problem before? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:46 AM   #2
Dynamics99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 & E90 335i 6MT MSport

Hi,

Yes the LCM can be coded to match the vin. Use PaSoft to code your new LCM. If you are not familiar with PaSoft there is an install guide. You need a specific cable( search on eBay BMW Scanner 1.4). Once you have everything set up you can scan the LCM and code from the IKE I think.
Appreciate 0