ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
Manxman1950
Private First Class
Canada
17
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: Z4M roadster
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Niagara, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
OK, so you were right....

Several of you have commented on my trimmed-down front licence plate when we have met on “cruises”, or TedFest last year, the general opinion being it would only be a matter of time before I fell foul of the local constabulary.
Well this week you were proved right, after 2.5 years thanks to Officer Attoe, who by his own admission had nothing better to do, but who at the same time clearly felt my offence ranked only slightly below that of Jack the Ripper and wrote me a ticket for $110.....
Oh well, time for some new plates. Any recommendations on how best to attach them? I used magnets on my Lotus Elise, but maybe I’ll just have to bite the bullet and drill the front bumper😱
At least I had the slight satisfaction of extending to PC Attoe my hope that he would be able to find something more useful to do during the remainder of his shift.
__________________
2006 Z4M roadster. Interlagos Blue, black extended leather with carbon trim. Apex EC7 8.5/9.5 x 18 rims, Strong Strut brace, KW V3s with RE rear shock mounts, Vibra Tech and Rogue engine/transmission mounts, Stromung exhaust, CDV delete.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Cyclops
Major
Cyclops's Avatar
Canada
776
Rep
1,175
Posts

Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Milton

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
That sux but good to know.

Don't drill the bumper, you'll regret it.
__________________
2007 #1432 ///M Coupe Silver Gray - KW V3 Coilovers - AFE Intake - Strong-Strut Brace - Status Grupee Headers - Super Sprint Race Exhaust & Xpipe - 19" Avant Garde M359 - Stoptech 380 6 pot BBK - EPIC Motorsports Tuning - Instagram ->@e91kiter
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #3
Mirko
Major
Mirko's Avatar
Canada
149
Rep
1,002
Posts

Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

I used the skene setup for the front with rare earth magnets and some double sided tape for reassurance. Easy to pop off and on as needed. But honestly, I have been driving for about 5 years without a front plate and no issues. *knock on wood*.
__________________
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
Grumpy Old Man
Private First Class
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
397
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Southern Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxman1950 View Post
Several of you have commented on my trimmed-down front licence plate when we have met on “cruises”, or TedFest last year, the general opinion being it would only be a matter of time before I fell foul of the local constabulary.
Well this week you were proved right, after 2.5 years thanks to Officer Attoe, who by his own admission had nothing better to do, but who at the same time clearly felt my offence ranked only slightly below that of Jack the Ripper and wrote me a ticket for $110.....
Oh well, time for some new plates. Any recommendations on how best to attach them? I used magnets on my Lotus Elise, but maybe I’ll just have to bite the bullet and drill the front bumper😱
At least I had the slight satisfaction of extending to PC Attoe my hope that he would be able to find something more useful to do during the remainder of his shift.
The plates are the property of the Province, so you can't damage or deface them. Altering or obscuring them is also an offence. $110 is cheap, if he wanted to make an example of you he could have seized the plates and towed your car and arrested you. So I get the sense you think he was hard on you given your comment about the offence being slightly less than Jack the Ripper, you got off easy my friend.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
Grumpy Old Man
Private First Class
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
397
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Southern Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
I used the skene setup for the front with rare earth magnets and some double sided tape for reassurance. Easy to pop off and on as needed. But honestly, I have been driving for about 5 years without a front plate and no issues. *knock on wood*.
You've been lucky, the province issues you with two license plates for a reason, that being that they decided that you are required to display two licence plates. The funny thing is that if some copper with "nothing better to do" as the OP said, he may take a long hard look at you and your car.....you'd be surprised at what other violations he or she may find....it can get expensive fast.

I'm just offering up some friendly advice BTW.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #6
Mirko
Major
Mirko's Avatar
Canada
149
Rep
1,002
Posts

Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
You've been lucky, the province issues you with two license plates for a reason, that being that they decided that you are required to display two licence plates. The funny thing is that if some copper with "nothing better to do" as the OP said, he may take a long hard look at you and your car.....you'd be surprised at what other violations he or she may find....it can get expensive fast.

I'm just offering up some friendly advice BTW.
Totally understand and know what you mean. Appreciate the advice
__________________
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
GPower
Private First Class
GPower's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxman1950 View Post
Several of you have commented on my trimmed-down front licence plate when we have met on “cruises”, or TedFest last year, the general opinion being it would only be a matter of time before I fell foul of the local constabulary.
Well this week you were proved right, after 2.5 years thanks to Officer Attoe, who by his own admission had nothing better to do, but who at the same time clearly felt my offence ranked only slightly below that of Jack the Ripper and wrote me a ticket for $110.....
Oh well, time for some new plates. Any recommendations on how best to attach them? I used magnets on my Lotus Elise, but maybe I’ll just have to bite the bullet and drill the front bumper😱
At least I had the slight satisfaction of extending to PC Attoe my hope that he would be able to find something more useful to do during the remainder of his shift.
You can go with a tow hook mounted one like I do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Bumpe...-/282400689589
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST