ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Window Tint

Not getting my Roadster tinted but I still wanted some feedback from you guys as to who/where/what when it comes to window tints.

I want something that blocks a lot of heat, maybe some noise (heard that existed) but most importantly, something that looks like it came out the factory. That probably has a lot to do with who's installing it but I also dont want to get a tint that has some weird shade of blue/green/purple (seen that a lot).
Any brands/products/installers I should look for?

Also interested in installing a film for the front windshield as well that blocks heat. I know these come in clear but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a super light tint on the front windshield as well.
      03-01-2019, 12:06 AM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Any brand name ceramic (or equivalent) film should work for rejecting heat.
  1. Look for something that provide the highest Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER). My favorite thus far is 3M crystalline - for me, this is the best you can get for a reasonable price. People often suggest Huper Optik and I decided to give it a try on one of my car. Heat rejection is really good, but it started "ghosting" after a few years, especially on curved areas
  2. Look for an installer that have patterns and a machine to cut the film. This will avoid them having to cut the film right on your car, which have a good chance of them marring up your glass and/or trim
  3. Price will vary greatly between shops, depending on their installation quality and experience...so don't just shop on price alone.

Here are the specs for the 3M Crystalline. You can compare it to any of your favorite brands out there
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...s-brochure.pdf
Appreciate 0