ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
just2talented
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine ///M roadster

Interior light LED conversion

Im sure theres a thread on this already but i couldnt be bothered to look for it. Can somebody point me in the right direction to a website where i can buy replacement white LED lights for the interior of my m roadster?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2talented View Post
Im sure theres a thread on this already but i couldnt be bothered to look for it. Can somebody point me in the right direction to a website where i can buy replacement white LED lights for the interior of my m roadster?
I would go about buying individual LED bulbs and replacing them. Bulbs usually go for like $1 at most...

Most LED Kits like the charge $40+ (at least for the E46). and you can spec your own bulbs through other sites for alot cheaper.

Just make sure you don't need a resistor for the interior LEDs. I don't know if this car requires it or not
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
I wouldn't go LED on the Z4. The problem is that the only light on the interior that provides most of the lighting is near the rear view mirror, which takes a 194/168 wedge type bulb (I believed the footwell lighting takes the same bulb). I cannot find anything bright enough that would still fit in the housing. Of all the LEDs that I've tried, it has been very disappointed and ultimately went back to the OEM halogen bulb.
Appreciate 0