ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Mechatronics sleeve

I'm looking to do my transmission fluid / pan in spring (ATF). Some of the review talks about the Mechatronics sleeve not in the kit. Is this something that needs to get replace or look at when doing fluid change ?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/Z4...&b=10&d=700&v=
      10-13-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
drocket77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4

I had to look up what it was. I would replace if you are already in the area. I had to do a shift solenoid on my Ram 2 years ago, and was told to replace the siphon hose with a new longer one.... well I said everything looked fine and was working like it should, and didn't replace. Drove fine for a year, and then had some weird random shift lag... turned out to be the hose I should have replaced. The cheapest fix was .75qt of trans fluid. But with that sleeve, even if its 40 euro... I would still replace it if you are in the vicinity. As far as if it is in the kit or not... I would buy one when you are about to do repair, and if its in the kit, just send the one you just purchased back.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #3
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

FCP has a few kits, some had the sleeve, some did not. Ill get the one with the sleeve. Wasn't sure if its a common thing to replace or not.

Thanks