ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #1
8nthatk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M

30K service Vanos maintenance needed in E TN

Anyone that can be recommended local, or even a days drive? My 2006 Z4M is at 30K. Looking for an excellent tech.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

At your mileage I would not bother unless you have founded suspicious she has been neglected. My VANOS was perfect at 40k and I gain zero out of it. Check VANOS adaptions with INPA and test with DIS/ISTA and if all ok don't touch it
Appreciate 2
David701567.00
kaybat125.50
      09-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #3
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
At 30k, you're at least due for a valve adjustment. Doing a VANOS rebuild could be considered a "while you're in there" job but will greatly impact your costs.

If you're willing to drive a bit, I highly recommend Schall Motorsports in Spartanburg, SC. Marcus did an Inspection 2 and Beisan VANOS rebuild on my Z4MC earlier this year and did a fantastic job. He's the go-to guy for S54 engines in upstate SC. I'll be taking my car to him for rod bearings when the time comes.
      09-09-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
8nthatk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M

Right on.
It's a no expense (OK, within reason spared type of ride to me, so yeah, I could see doing that drive.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright657 View Post
At 30k, you're at least due for a valve adjustment. Doing a VANOS rebuild could be considered a "while you're in there" job but will greatly impact your costs.

If you're willing to drive a bit, I highly recommend Schall Motorsports in Spartanburg, SC. Marcus did an Inspection 2 and Beisan VANOS rebuild on my Z4MC earlier this year and did a fantastic job. He's the go-to guy for S54 engines in upstate SC. I'll be taking my car to him for rod bearings when the time comes.
Appreciate 0