ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
Dynamics99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 & E90 335i 6MT MSport

DSP Digital or Analog

Hi,

I have been trying to install the GROM USB with MIC onto my 04 Z4 3.0i. The videos for installation all point to a 3 pin and 6 pin harness. I found a 3 pin harness and coax cable but no 6 pin harness.I used a coat hanger to do a sweep under the storage box but no luck. The coax cable is plugged into the amplifier as I have a Carver DSP (part 65. 12 6938189). Do I have digital or analog DSP? Would I need to get a DSP Converter from GROM?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

You will need FSP converter....

The 6 pin is behind the rear bulkward carpeting in the trunk. Pull it up from the bottom enough to stick your hand underneath to find it... it likely is center of the rear bulkward behind the framing that crisscrosses probably no higher than 6 or so inches.

There are posts that you can google to assist you in finding it...
      07-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
Dynamics99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 & E90 335i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearancediver View Post
You will need FSP converter....

The 6 pin is behind the rear bulkward carpeting in the trunk. Pull it up from the bottom enough to stick your hand underneath to find it... it likely is center of the rear bulkward behind the framing that crisscrosses probably no higher than 6 or so inches.

There are posts that you can google to assist you in finding it...
Hey Clearancediver,

I tried to lift the storage box with a long flathead but I do not see any 6 pin harness. Tugged on the wires gently to get it out but no budge. I highly doubt it's even there since the coax cable replaces the 6 pins? I looked at other forum posts and saw that people found it under the storage box but I only found the 3 pins and coax cable which were taped. Looks like some DSP's came with 3 pins and coax cable bundled together. Others came with 3 pins and 6 pin. I shall order the DSP converter and see how it goes!
Appreciate 0